It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange picture from Mars. Very odd

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Has anyone considered something such as a possible ice eruption? We now know that there is ice under the surface and gravitational forces can force eruptions.

Just a thought, most interesting whatever it is.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yup good old Internos

You must sleep here huh?
Well we covered this one some time ago in one of Mikes threads but I can still add the color version...

And not sure if it was mentioned but the image from the OP is from Skipper's site www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

And a closeup of the metal...

The Scourge of the Cosmic Litterbugs
www.thelivingmoon.com...

I like the fossil in the second one
I have seen one like it in another image

[edit on 8-6-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
How many times do i have to say it
AMERICA HAS ALREADY BEEN TO MARS FOR MANY YEARS NOW

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lilmikey

really, would you like to offer some proof of your statement because I don't believe you.

good thread op, and steller work internos.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Chonx]

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Chonx]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
really awesome stuff
cant wait to see more ;]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Yeah right. That's sensory equipment. Most likely placed there centuries ago by the Decepticons. None of you realize this but were dead in around 4 years from now. That's our punishment for these luxorious rock excavations so thank NASA. As soon as they find out another hunk of junk is on the surface you can start sending out formal thank you cards to mission control.

That's why I'm totally against these missions. Their a waste of money. those funds could be diverted into civil defense programs. Tesla's Death Ray could be a reality. And we really need those on the ground ASAP because these things don't mess around.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
It's a digital camera artifact known as "Blooming". In this case reflection off the object causes various pixels to become over saturated with light.

Thanks for this. I see these on google earth all the time and always wondered what they were.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It's probably the wreckage of Mars Polar Lander

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
what amazed me is the gullible dumbness of the average ats reader
Its a shiney ¨piece of metal its the parachute ...Blah Blah Blah
Look at my pics i have doen research ..blah blahy blah

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just hope to God a Martian doesn't come walking along and kick that spring anywhere!

It will then be a new thread on mechanical items found on mars and no one will know where it came from LOL

Although we know where it came from it will have colour changes, it will be blurry and will only resemble a spring hehehe

Well, to be honest, I wonder how long it will take our Martian counterparts to clean up all the mess we are making and leaving there.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

The heatshield and the geyser-looking white stream look nothing alike in your first post, internos. The original 2 photos from Opportunity show 2 different (apparent) eruptions. One has a 2-pronged stream (top point) and the other only one.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
I just hope to God a Martian doesn't come walking along and kick that spring anywhere!

Hehehe a good strong dust devil could do that...
but I wasn't talking about the spring, but the tan colored 'turitella shell' at the bottom edge

Originally posted by WISHADOW
...those funds could be diverted into civil defense programs. Tesla's Death Ray could be a reality.

Why? they already got 3.5 Trillion that the Pentagon cannot account for and beam weapons are already a reality... but that is for another thread... you can U2U me and I will point you to them

Originally posted by lilmikey
How many times do i have to say it
AMERICA HAS ALREADY BEEN TO MARS FOR MANY YEARS NOW

A few hundred times more actually... they won't believe us until there is proof, even though NASA LOVES to tease us...

I bet people at NASA are having a lot of fun keeping us guessing

[edit on 9-6-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
here is a silly question.
does everything NASA makes have to be shiny?

great work as always internos.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes I know... but you know what i was getting at - at least i know YOU did

Some would miss "that"...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That could be a very small unaccounted for piece of metal causing a large reflection. Think of it in the sense of how big a reflection off a small watch can be, it can be blinding. Plus depending on the exposure settings of that camera it could appear much more dramatic.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx

does everything NASA makes have to be shiny?

The shinier the better when dealing with thermal issues. You don't want your electronics getting fried, and the easiest way to reduce the load is high reflectivity.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Again, appreciate your bringing these pictures to the forefront. To me, the "white object" is the least interesting of the group of photos. Some of the others on your link are downright amazing. I wish we could focus on them a little. The photo of the three circles, for instance. I wonder if there is an explanation to those that is relative to the machinery that we've sent there.

Good thread, thanks.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

nice "get" internos..."SERIOUS DEBUNKER" should be your monicker

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarMan
The shinier the better when dealing with thermal issues. You don't want your electronics getting fried, and the easiest way to reduce the load is high reflectivity.

So they would never use black 'paint' then on spacecraft? Or maybe wrap them in thermal blankets?

Originally posted by TheStarMan
That could be a very small unaccounted for piece of metal causing a large reflection.

"unaccounted for piece of metal" Now that is interesting

Originally posted by jimmyx

nice "get" internos..."SERIOUS DEBUNKER" should be your monicker

Seconded

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join