It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former German Foreign Minister: Iran to be Attacked Soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Former German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer says Israel is planning to attack Iran in the near future over its nuclear program.

Fischer said Bush's speech during his address to the Israeli Knesset, or parliament, this month indicated a coming Israeli-US attack on Iran's nuclear program.

"He (Bush) seemed to be planning, together with Israel, to end the Iranian nuclear program -- and to do so by military, rather than by diplomatic, means.... Although it is acknowledged in Israel that an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities would involve grave and hard-to-assess risks, the choice between acceptance of a nuclear Iran and an attempt at its military destruction, with all the attendant consequences, is clear. Israel won't stand by and wait for matters to take their course," Fischer said.

Source

Fischer (who attended the Bilderberger conference) claims that Iran is to be attacked soon by Israel and the US. To me this is not surprising, I have always known they will, the question, though, is when.

I would still put my money on an attack before November 2008. The Israeli lobby in the US is strong, but I don't see Obama going to approve another war.

Israel needs the US military back up should they launch an attack on Iran as they would be attacked from the north (Hezbollah and perhaps Syria) and from the south-east by Iran.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
China and Russia has earlier said that they wont accept an attack on Iran. I hope that still stands.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Could be true but this is contradictory to what the major news outlets are reporting today. The US is saying they want to resolve the issue diplomatically:

"Bush committed to diplomacy on Iran"

www.jpost.com...

"Campaigns for PM succession
Two White House spokesmen stressed Friday, June 6, that Washington was committed to solving the Iran issue by diplomacy."

www.debka.com...

"Ha’aretz reports: “White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said Friday that the United States was committed to solving the Iranian nuclear threat through diplomatic multilateral means."

www.haaretz.com...

new topics

join