It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do drivers have headlights on during the day?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
edit: double posted...

[edit on 8/6/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I used to work for Greyhound Lines as a Bus Driver. While attending their driver training school the subject did come up as to why all Greyhound's lights were always on. It seems that their own internal studies proved to them that accidents decreased overall the first year and all following years after implementing the policy nationwide. You wonder who could miss noticing a bus, Go figure?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Most modern motorbikes since about the 80s are ignition switched (main headlights). You also have 'city lights' mandatory for parking etc.

Problem is when cage drivers start driving around with them on/fitted by default (and everyone else thinks they should) then people won't see bikes too well again and we'll be back to square one. People don't see big flashy fire-engines, let alone each other...

Seems like it's often a combination of laziness, ineptitude and lack of consideration which causes people to pull out in front of things they ain't seen. Often it's a biker who pays for their mistake, instead of a truck 'darwining' the person that pulls out.

If you look enough you won't make the mistake... I triple check because if I pull out in front of someone and can't accelerate enough(unlikely
)/stall/whatever - I'm dead.

[edit on 8/6/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Duality

Please read the post by iamcanadian2 and please try to, at the very least, in a conspiracy board, scan through the posts before making a judgement. In Britain, we do not have a preponderance of DRL's - perhaps 20% at the most, yet gangstalked individuals have Government sponsored terrorism whilst they are going about their everyday activities. sometimes the number of cars with headlights on reaches 50% which is an anomaly. Moreover, this may be accompanied by helicopters overhead.

All of this crap was not asked for by the Targeted Individuals and is kept in secret by their gang or cause stalkers. I take the point that DRL's are common in many countries as a safety feature but the ignorance in this thread comes from people who have not bothered to follow up any of the links and have then jumped into the topic.

BTW, these techniques stem from MK Ultra opereations against dissidents and whistleblowers. The privacy of peopple is torn apart. They are stalked by up to 300 determined individuals who are overt in their activities icluding headlights; emergency lights etc... Do yourself a favour and read one of these links:

Link

Link to blog with references

Xiando

If people who are slightly paranoid, and may be right, cannot post here, where can they post?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And for the drivers, who get worried about fuel consumption, they sell small LED lights to attach under the front bumper.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My roommate's Pontiac Firebird (1999-2000) has dimmer running lights on whenever the ignition is on, like another poster said, the rear lights are not on until you switch on the headlights.

It's been tested and shown that people pay attention to cars running on the road in the daytime moreso than those who don't.

I guess it's to get the attention of the idiots on the road who will think to themselves "hey look at that idiot...riding around with their headlights on".

Years back when I lived in Miami, there WERE gangs that prowled the streets at night during gang initiations, when some poor sap flashed their lights at the uniluminated oncoming car, they'd swiftly turn, chase and assault that driver.

It used to be, when you 'forgot' to turn on your headlights when driving at night it was simple driver courtesy to "flash" an oncoming car who's lights were off....cause we all know it STINKS to get pulled over by the police getting a ticket for not having headlights on.

No, instead I wonder why the OLD system of emergency lights on ambulances, police cars and firetrucks now incorporate Bright STROBE lights, which anyone who suffers from Epilepsy will tell you induces a brainwave change and seizure...now THAT is something that needs looking into!!

Drive careful out there!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

They are called "running lights" by some.. or daytime running lights..

I don't really think it merits a thread on ATS ...
but that's just me..

I don't think people are using lights on their vehicles during the day to melt icebergs or waste electricity and cause global warming.. it's just a safety feature.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In my area, it makes it much easier to see a car if they're far away if they have their lights on. For example:
Yesterday I was driving down a fairly narrow two-lane highway that's used heavily by logging trucks and people with SUVs. The section I was on was fairly straight but was entirely large rolling hills with trees on both sides. I was driving slow trying to find an unmarked turn-off. If a car coming towards me had their lights on I saw them at the top of the next hill; if they didn't, I didn't see them until they were on my section of the road. If a car behind me had their lights on, I would see them sooner and could pull over or speed up before they caught up to me. If they didn't, I wouldn't have seen them and they probably wouldn't have seen me until they were having to break from 60 mph to 40 mph coming down hill in a very short space.

I really think it's less of a gang/stalker thing in most cases and more of a visibility aid. The majority of people out there have their lights on because the car automatically does it or they think it's safer and probably have no idea about organized stalking or gang signs.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TroyB

Because your peripheral vision is attracted to motion, and light. So they use the lights to catch your attention, and get you to turn your head to look. You only actually see clearly for three degrees in front of you. The peripheral vision goes 180, and gets your attention.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomforall
The only reason the headlights are on is because this way the bulbs will burn out and you have to buy new ones. They were not selling as much when you don't have them on in the day time only at night. This way they burn out faster so you have to buy new ones. Thats all. You think that they are stupid???

I am a fleet mechanic, and I thought exactly the same thing when DRL's first appeared on the U.S. scene.

From my experience it depends on the vehicle. Ones that use their regular headlights for daytime-running have zero noticeable difference in headlamp bulb life. Surprising, yes.

Now, vehicles that use their front turn signal lamps, or separate non-halogen bubs, for DRL burn their bulbs out fairly frequently. The automakers should use LEDs, and whoever comes up with plug-in LED replacements for 3157 & 4157 bulbs will get a lot of this fleet's business!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It is the law in certain countries(Canada is one I believe).It is just easier for the auto companies to build them all like that.In calif.,you must have your headlights on if you are using your wind screen wipers.
FYI, if you engage your parking brake,ever so slightly, when you are parked and your ignition is on, the day light running lights will go out!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

here in Canada it is the law that all new cars be equipped with day time running lights so that other drivers can see you better,it might help if they opened their eyes instead of their cells and other toys they continue to play with either on or in the dash -simply look up and watch your mirrors and turn your heads before you cut someone off again and you wonder why you get hit!! and the beauty of this technology is mounted right behind your grill so it can be cooled off as it runs so hot that you dont want to touch it. nice little piece 1/2 inch thick x3 inches long x 1 1/2 inches across cost to replace $100.00 no labor cost added yet.i just replaced it total $165.00...the beauty of tech.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wow, i can't believe some people thinks it's a waste of energy. -_______-

In every car there's a generator to gain energy, which is constantly running, not matter if your headlights are on or off. So, it's also causing resitance all the time, and therefore wasting constantly fuel. The only situation it's wasting energy is when your battery is full, which could happen because it's overproducing it. This is simple logic, because it only recharges when your car is running, so it has still to recharge when everything in your car (lights, radio, extra speakers, tv ect.) is turned on. So you can't really waste energy by using an electric device, which gains energy from the generator in your car, as long as it's not consuming more then the gegnerator is producing. Headlights definatly don't do that.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I actually thought about this as well about 4 years ago.

I was going through a medicine induced manic episode, and when I Drove I figured everyone else who had their lights on were enlightened. Or at very least part of an enlightened group (they were trying to lighten up or enlighten the world). If I recall, older people had more lights on then most.

Silly thoughts...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Never used to do this in the city, but when relocated to country I would always use headlights on two lane roads, for safety.
Some heavily trafficked two lane roads have signs posted to turn on headlights for safety, ticket if not.
Use headlights (even in town) when driving at sunrise or sunset, so drivers driving into sun see me better.
Use low, not high beams in fog, if car not equipped with fog lights.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Perhaps we need to start a new topic that explains Organized Stalking and try to educate those who have no clue what it is. I can see how the masses disbelieve that people actually do covertly stalk and harass others in their community. I would not have believed that other humans would be capable of this had I not experienced OS (organized stalking).
I fear that the number of targets is growing fast and the only way to stop this is to educate the public and expose OS.
We the targets are a part of the big picture in NWO. We are the experiments in the community to see what works and does not work to control the masses. If we are not listened to and taken seriously, many more people will fall victim to OS.

This is indeed a complicated topic and a topic that many non targets do not want to talk about...It is a very uncomfortable topic indeed to think that people who have committed no crime are persecuted and some are even tortured in their own homes by their fellow human being.

The truth is simple and deceptions are complicated.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I hate when people start threads under the guise of asking for opinions, but in reality they've long since made up their mind, becoming upset when no on 'understands' their point of view.

Why not just title the thread 'gangstalking' since that's obviously what you're wanting it to be.

As dozens have said, they're day time running lights, they've been in both my last two cars, and on everyone's care that i know of. In my last two cars, they would come on the second you released the emergency brake (manual tranny).

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Okay, so your cars have day time running lights. The cars this post refers to have bright headlights that always seem to shine right in your mirrors and don't move out of sight when you change your speed. They cause headaches and eye fatique, and the only way to get these people off your back is to move your mirrors completely out of the way, otherwise they'll find a different spot and follow you from there.

This is a real problem, and it does exist. It is NOT simply DRL. If so, these cars would not mirror your speed and shine their bright lights at you as if breathing down your neck.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
LOLL heaps of people do this in my town too - and i live in a central north Queensland, Australia...
I always thought it was just because people would forget to turn their lights off..

Go figure...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I love all the conspiracy theories. Remmebre now for a very very long time all emergency vehicles had their headlights turned on. Resaon behind it was that it is easier to see a moving vehicle with headlight than one without. Sweden and Volvo started this back in the 80s. Then Canada made it a law to have daylight running lights on all new vehicles. There is an interesting side bar to this. In the mid 60s, Ontario was experience very foggy summers. Some brilliant person attached a single white light bulb to the center of the grille. Thus the vehicle became more visible.

This eventually led to the use of DRLs.

It is a very useful tool despite the fact that some people seem to complain about the brightness of the head lights. That is a lot of nonsense.

Dez Miklos
www.saydez.com
[email protected]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join