It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long before ‘Full Spectrum Dominance’ is in place?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
‘Full Spectrum Dominance’ refers to a scenario where a country has full control over all military fronts, whether that is by land/sea/air/space and often includes an information or technology aspect.

"I have said earlier that the United States is now totally frank about putting its cards on the table. That is the case. Its official declared policy is now defined as 'full spectrum dominance'. That is not my term, it is theirs. 'Full spectrum dominance' means control of land, sea, air and space and all attendant resources."

Harold Pinter (Nobel Prize acceptance speech, 2005)

Army
I think it is indisputable that the U.S army is the best in the world at this time. It is well equipped and funded, large in size and it’s soldiers are well trained for combat in all environments. Head to head I think most countries would struggle in a toe to tie fight.

New technology such as armour/ full body suits appear to be on the horizon which were once a thing of computer games.

Navy
New plans have been put into place for a new stealth navy concept operating under ZUMWALT class. All of which will feature the latest stealth and advanced gun technology.

Air Force
The F-22 is also a head by a nose and U.S pilots remain some of the best trained in terms of hands on experience. Another major factor I feel are important to consider are black ops. I can’t argue either for or against but feel they may have a little something up their sleeves.

Information
The U.S also appears to be recruiting hackers ensuring they have complete control over the Internet and want to dominate the ‘cyber world’ are will more than likely want to match China becoming the strongest force. A recent $11 million investment has been put into place to ensure this focusing on a 5D methods of attack (Deceive, Deny, Disrupt, Degrade, Destroy).

Space
The U.S military has not hidden their desire to become active in space and to ultimately control it. Several years ago a report named the ‘Transformation Flight Plan’ was released giving information on the future of the militarisation of space.

Several proposed military vehicles:

· Air-Launched Anti-Satellite Missile: Small air-launched missile capable of intercepting satellites in low Earth orbit and seen as a past 2015 development.
· Counter Satellite Communications System: Provides the capability by 2010 to deny and disrupt an adversary's space-based communications and early warning.
· Counter Surveillance and Reconnaissance System: A near-term program to deny, disrupt and degrade adversary space-based surveillance and reconnaissance systems.
· Evolutionary Air and Space Global Laser Engagement (EAGLE) Airship Relay Mirrors: Significantly extends the range of both the Airborne Laser and Ground-Based Laser by using airborne, terrestrial or space-based lasers in conjunction with space-based relay mirrors to project different laser powers and frequencies to achieve a broad range of effects from illumination to destruction.
· Ground-Based Laser: Propagates laser beams through the atmosphere to Low-Earth Orbit satellites to provide robust, post-2015 defensive and offensive space control capability.
· Hypervelocity Rod Bundles: Provides the capability to strike ground targets anywhere in the world from space.
· Orbital Deep Space Imager: A mid-term predictive, near-real time common operating picture of space to enable space control operations.
· Orbital Transfer Vehicle: Significantly adds flexibility and protection of U.S. space hardware in post-2015 while enabling on-orbit servicing of those assets.
· Rapid Attack Identification Detection and Reporting System: A family of systems that will provide near-term capability to automatically identify when a space system is under attack.
· Space-Based Radio Frequency Energy Weapon: A far-term constellation of satellites containing high-power radio-frequency transmitters that possess the capability to disrupt/destroy/disable a wide variety of electronics and national-level command and control systems. It would typically be used as a non-kinetic anti-satellite weapon.
· Space-Based Space Surveillance System: A near-term constellation of optical sensing satellites to track and identify space forces in deep space to enable offensive and defensive counterspace operations.

To name but a few.. One thing that did interest me is that the target for many of these are aimed at around 2015 which seems fairly close to me (bearing in mind the report is several years old).

Well, in short I think it is indisputable that the U.S army will gain ‘full spectrum dominance’ but when? Have they already got there? Will they be able to keep it as other nations (such as China) become even stronger by the day? Are we seeing a last ditch gasp from a dying superpower?

www.space.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...(X)
www.infowars.net...

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Knights]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Bump!

just incase any of our American brothers have anything to add? If not I will retreat with my tail between my legs! (Sorry I just posted quite early, be interesting to see if anyone has anything to add at this time)

join