It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do we "capture" OBL?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread as a response but I wanted to post it here for discussion.

Kerry's announcement that he wants to reduce/eliminate the war on terror gives GW the opportunity to hold OBL through the election. Scare tactics - if we vote Kerry in we may never catch OBL. Then, after the reelection we "capture" OBL and GW is vindicated. My thoughts given Kerry's desire to reduce the war on terrorism.

Certainly, capturing OBL would be a boon to the GW administration. But with Kerry wanting to shut down the war on terrorism GW would be smart to market that as a reason to keep him in office -- particularly if/since we have not captured OBL yet.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here is an idea.

What if Bush doesn't want Osama to be found!?! What if this is just a plot to have influence over more and more land and people? Finding Osama would halt the reason that we are all being told that the war is nessesary and thus Bush would lose more support for continuing the war. I mean, we didn't find the supposed WMD so Osama is all that he has left to play our fears on.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The CIA knows very well where Osama is. BushCo's already made clear Osama's not the be all end all of the war on terror. So that won't stop Bush's insane war without end. But it sho would look good if they rounded him up right in time for the election. For that matter, they may already have him.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that he is simply being contained for the moment, surrounded on all sides, and simply being kept for a little firefight as we get closer to the election...

Then, the capture will be followed with a televised address and speech, that the War on Terror is not over, and threats such as North Korea, remnants of Al Queda, and other groups are still out there, and I'm (GWB) the guy to take care of it...

That's my guess anyhow.....

new topics

top topics

join