It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please have smart login at ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
smart meaning that the server should know my previous page visited in a non logged state,like i visited a thread in a non logged state and want to reply with my user id,so i click log in and after i check submit the page should automatically come to that thread.Many forums have this feature,some give option like "wait 10 sec to go back to the previous page or manually goto by clicking this link" eg wikipedia log in system or instantaneous log in system which should be used here.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yeah that does become a hassle after awhile. I agree!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Logging in doesn't bother me, however, I never understood why we have to log into each of the ats/bts/pts separately? That is time consuming

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
okay this is going to be a post about complaining first and then my solution ok.
I'm so damn anoyed at having to log into bts and ats separately specially when i'm going to the other using the myats links!!! i mean come on you can do better than that!!.

at least set a cookie or something so that the other dmain will log a user in automatically you know!!

anyway it really shouldnt be that hard to doit for you guys given that you quite a few people who know how to code.

and while you're at it how about adding some more features for our profiles like myspace does

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Some people can Log into all 3 at once. In the Block where you Log-In to ATS there is writing below the spot where you place your password. I highlighted part of it. I'm quoting here---
"Please use the form above to log into all three discussion board domains: AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecret.com, and www.abovepolitics.com. Please Note: Some browsers set to "high security" may not accept all three discussion domain cookies at log in. [/b] In that event, you may need to log into each domain separately. "

Uhmm.... I have to log in separately, but I really don't mind.

More features for Profiles? I suppose some might like that, but I don't even use all that is available now. I won't say we don't need more, but, I doubt that I would use anything more than I have in the past. I wouldn't complain if extra features were added, but I think they would be like decorative frosting on a cake, pretty but unnecessary. I will sit this one out and continue to be content with whatever happens.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Being SMARTER Than the Login

I think I know what you're talking about, but I have a little way of doing posts:

Tabbed browsing: If I intend on replying to a thread, I actually right-click and 'Open in new tab'. I do this whenever I am logged out and have to log in... I will right-click the login button and open in a new tab, then proceed to my post, which is already open in the first tab. If the buttons aren't there because of not being logged in, I simply refresh the page.

This just comes with years of dealing with this issue. I open ALOT of stuff in new tabs, and it is one of the reasons tabbed browsing became so popular (besides using less resources).

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
When you arrive at a thread for which you are not logged in to, just click on 'log in'... once you have logged in, then just hit the 'back' button twice and you'll be back at the page you were not logged in at, but this time you will be logged in...

Far less bother than waiting ten seconds to be returned to the page and only one extra click away from the 'or please click here if you can't be bothered to wait ten seconds' button..

And a lot less hassle for any site coders.... less code to go wrong seeing as everything works pretty well already

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
valid points all but this is all part of accessibility standarts and ease of use as well. anyways sure more feats on profile would be like cake decoratives but the idea of a profile is to express your personality and if some use all the features or not is really not the issue.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
edit/off-topic.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

join