It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran bullet proof?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have a feeling that Iran is de facto bullet proof and will not be attacked by Israel or the US. Even a surgical strike is very questionable. My reasoning: OIL.

Get ready. Iran will have nukes in the near future.

In case of a major attack, gas will easily go to $10 a gallon. OPEC will stand with Iran and make sure that Western countries only get a trickle. The West can not function with gas that high.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
An attack on Iran could happen consider this. They are considered by other goverments in the area as "Disruptive", and may not get the support you mentioned. When it comes to buyers of oil the US is number one, we also sell the Saudi goverment all thier weapons. I don't see them supporting a regime that has the dream of a consolidated "Persia", I do see Isreal putting of end to thier Nuclear program. Lets remember some issues here, Iran was unable to defeat Iraq in a 10 year war. They like to boast that thier army/navy is well equipped, reality check- They are not.
If the US/Isreal/Saudis attacked Iran thier military would last maybe a week before being completely destroyed. Iran should realize that when money is involved they can not depend on total Muslim support

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
According to the statistics of the EIA, Iran doesn't even make the cut for the top 15 importers of oil or crude to the U.S. www.eia.doe.gov...
Of course, the U.S. is far from the only country in this cat-and-mouse with Iran.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Have to agree with you in the sense that I think Iran's government are playing a dangerous game, perhaps the MOST dangerous game. It's seems fairly evident to me that they're aggressively pursuing nuclear weapons -- reported and photographed additional high-speed centrifuges, when Russia has delivered and promised a life-time supply (life of the reactor). I think Iran's government is taunting and actually trying to provocate an action against them, in order to in turn create a response, most likely against Israel. This is my belief, and yes, it's related to oil and energy and I don't know what the answer is. It's a no-win, far as I can see. If an extraterrestrial or extratemporal/dimensional race is going to help us, now's the time, BEFORE the big birds fly.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
argentus,

I agree.

PS: Iran is OPEC's second best producer. A drastic cut in their output would disrupt everything on the world market.

top topics

join