It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain what I just caught on camera but did not see?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

Hehe! I understand that. Was chasing tornados around here a couple weeks ago... and I think I'll get to chase quite a few more before the end of the summer. Personally, I wouldn't want to be stuck in my house if it got hit... I always feel better being mobile. Plus, I think they are pretty awesome to watch.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Thank you for your kind response.

See, I was focused on the moon, and if I know anything about myself, I know that my focus is almost so ridiculously and embarrassingly acute that I miss the most obvious things. I focus with mean acuity.

I didn't see it. I simply didn't. If it was visible, I would not have seen it. The moon was very very acutely beautiful and odd. That was what I focused on.

I went to this movie with my mother. She looked at the moon when I said the usual "Look at that moon . . . what is wrong with the moon . . . it is all lit up, Mom, ....I can see the dark side of the moon . . . "

Whereupon I pulled my cell. I have taken one other previous photo with my cell - of a beautiful horse. But, anyway,

I started snapping. My mom saw the pics. Her impression was that the object "came from behind the moon." She thought the object lit up that side of the moon.

We kept looking. The moon dimmed. I then saw the dark side, but not as if it were delineated with light.

Maybe someone can show us a plane or something to explain this. I hope so. We are not smart enough for this to happen to us. And I am not the dimmest bulb . . . .

It is f_ing scary.

Dark

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Late:

Do you know this person?

WTF

Great idea Earthscum! That would probably help Internos with his calculations concerning where the light was coming from etc..

Can you do that darkhorsebet?? That would be awesome!

signature
What's worse, apathy or ignorance? Who knows, who cares!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

Do I know who, Earthscum? No, why?

I was commenting on his idea that you go photograph the place where you took the original photos in the daytime. That would help us figure out a little more about what the object could be. So can you? Go take photos of the same place but in the daylight?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Intresting that you mention the moon being weird...I recall driving home from work late on the 6th and noticing the moon looked very different as well...looked odd.

As well as the recent UFO activity in my town & state.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That is indeed interesting!! That doesn't appear to be a lens reflection to me (although I am no expert!), but I do not know what it is. For all intents and purposes, it could be called a UFO. Doesn't necessarily have to be a flying saucer.

EDIT: It does appear saucer like though!

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Asmus]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Sorry guys but that is totally a street light. You can even see the pole to it in the pic.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reminds me of Saturn, but its way to bright for that. Very interesting though i hope it turns out to be something non-street lamp related.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i don't know enough about cameras and debris to comment on that but i will say that the moon has looked "odd" to me the last few months or more. last night and the night before (totally clear nights here in the southeast) there was a very wide contrail in lingering directly in front of it too, as if to shield it. and a lot of earthlight too.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So darkhorsebet???

Will you go photograph this spot in daylight for our analysis? You've been avoiding that question, this is the 3rd time I personally asked you to do that...and EarthScum asked you too, so that's 4 times that I see here...

You might be busy, but after I asked it, you asked me if I knew Earthscum, so you saw my post with that question...so, will you?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

i think he did answer saying he would but he cant tonight because of a hurricane warning

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wtfisthat

4th request for the OP to take a daylight photo of the scene!

I just scrolled through and I see no post where he answered me about taking a photo in the same place in the daylight, let alone the mention of a hurricane.

Please quote this from one of his posts and enlighten me, thanks...

If I missed it, darkhorsebet I am sorry, please reply again to this post, that you are willing or are not willing to take a photo with the same cell phone you used at this exact place only during the day?

Thanks sooo much in advance...

And wtfisthat, I am sorry if I missed that hurricane post, but please, post it for me!

[edit on 8-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It's a bird.

Seen these before.

Nice catch though.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorsebet
reply to post by Earthscum

Yes, I can, I thought about this, and I will. Brilliant idea.

Tonight it is storming and we have tornado warnings till 10:30 p.m. Central time. I'd go out there, but for my dogs, who I must spirit into the basement if the warning goes off.

Dark

there you go
and no problem about missing it, thats happened to me before although if i said hurricane i ment tornado. >

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
woow that ir a really wird picture. I am not sure if they are ufo's but i think one of those lights do look like one

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I just have one question. How is it that you didn't know how to upload the pictures from your camera to your desktop but you created a youtube video for it? doesn't that seem kind of backwards?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This is really refreshing, whether it turns out to be unidentified or not.

Someone came to the site, posted pictures, provided originals when asked, agreed with analysis, and offered to take more photos as an experiment. This is such a departure from the way these things usually turn out here in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
hey their, didnt read all the posts so sorry if i missed anything important but, you said the moon had a strange glow?

i would like to see some pics of the moon if you have any from that night.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Yes, it was, but when I tried posting images on your site, I was told I needed at least 20 posts, so I resorted to youtube. I've never downloaded photos from my cell before. I never saw the need to take photos with this cell.

Youtube is not hard to figure out. I've done slide presentations for work. That was a no-brainer.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by darkhorsebet]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Very cool. I had been wowed by the moon tonight myself, on the way to work I looked up and it looked so odd, like an eclipse was happening. Good find!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join