It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain what I just caught on camera but did not see?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I would be honored.

Give me just a bit.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you have an email, I can mail them directly from my cellphone.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

Hi darkhorsebet, and thanks for your response

I've sent you an U2U, a private message: you will find my email addres in it Click here to check your U2U in box.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thank you, Internos.

Photos have been sent.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by darkhorsebet]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It looks like it could be lens flare from the street lamp (as seen in the YouTube video) -- it's even "upside-down dome shaped" like a street lamp.

The fact you didn't see it while taking the pictures seems to point to the "lens flare" theory. You also mentioned it was in different locations in each photo. That is still very possible with lens flare (depending on the angle of the camera, etc.)

I would think it there actually was a moving, glowing object that was in the exact location of the sky that you were looking, you would have seen it.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I would have thought so too. I really hope it is a lens flare. The fact that I had the streetlight in the pic for the pics that showed the object actually gave me pause in posting this. Seems like a good enough reason to dismiss this to me. I do not like the idea of invisible objects flying around us. It is one thing to imagine it is possible. It is another entirely to find out that it is real.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting pictures.. would like to know what that is.. seems slightly different to most ufo pics ive seen.
a*

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wait, flares are trails from a specific light source. What we have is an object with an internal independent light source. The streetlight is perfectly circular. It is actually a lamp in a parking lot of the movie theatre we walked out of.

I'll bet it may have been a reflection. Without some degree of radiation, I doubt it was a flare. Do lenses reflect? Can they?

I'm not surprised I didn't see it. I was not looking for it. I was looking at the highly unusual moon. The object is off in the corner.

We looked at stars after the pic came up on my screen. That was not a star.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Nope, I agree with you darkhorsebet, that's definitely not a star.

Lens flare maybe, sure. Wonder why it's green though? Can't wait to see what Internos has to say after he works his magic

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

In the pictures on the YouTube video, the streetlamp had a slight green glow to it -- on the outer edges of the glare surrounding it.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Hiyah Soylent, thanks!

I never even noticed that. Going to go back and check it out...I need to stop multi-tasking while I watch these videos, I end up missing half of what everyone else is seeing doing too many things at once!

Edit to add, yep, Soylent you're exactly right, it's obvious now same greenish tint as the street lamp. Thanks for pointing that out!

[edit on 7-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No worries -- although the green could have been caused by YouTube compression. It may not look like that in the original image.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have to state beforehand that i have NOT a take on what we are looking at

The lens flare explanation seems to be plausible:
not only its appearance, but also its apparent movement is consistent with the relative movement
of the light source (bot due to the movement of the camera, of course):
it can be observed here: as more the light source get close to the center, the more does the object:

it's a correlation, maybe accidental, maybe not, i don't know

Anyway, here's the full res sequence, that darkhorsebet kindly shares with us:

Pixel resided by a factor of 15

i would like to point out that i can't see an exact consistence with the orientation of the "rays" of light, though:
but actually we neither see all around the street lamp: I.E. possible indirect light sources, objects with a reflectant surface like glass metal, etc. We can't rule out something that we can't see

I'd love to hear as more opinions as possible about it

darkhorsebet, thank you for sharing your pictures here and for presenting them in a honest way

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks Internos for posting and working on the pictures

I would imagine that the lens flare theory is probably correct, due to the fact that darkhorsebet didn't see the object while he took the photos.

It's a fairly bright and luminous object not to be noticed I would think.

Great thread though, and sweet photos of the moon, and yes Internos was right about your being open-minded to the results and opinions of everyone

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thanks, Internos.

The green is in the original, it appears, from your evaluation of the original cell photos.

What other light sources? Like a plane, helicopter?

This is Mequon, Wisconsin. June 6, 2008 at about 10:00 p.m.

Your duly freaked out OP,

Darkhorsebet.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hi Late,

With all due respect, it was neither bright nor luminous. Look at the original photos. I would have noticed this smudge if and only if I were looking for it.

Last night, I saw it from the photos on my cell as cigar shaped or cylindrical. From my cell, that smudge still looks like a . . . smudge.

Don't dismiss me, please, because I wasn't scanning for UFO's. I really don't or didn't believe in them. The moon had me. The photos are the evidence. Witness testimony is weak at best. I still don't want to believe them. But I wasn't the only witness.

Dark

So anyway, WHAT IS THAT????

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I just got a great idea, if you would be willing.

Could you go to that approximate spot and take a picture of the streetlight itself? Maybe take it at a couple angles relative to your position when you took the originals. If you do, try taking a pic like you did with the street light off to the right.

My thought is that you may be able to replicate the effect, as well it will give us an idea of the camera view of the street light for comparison to the object in your pictures.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I am not dismissing you darkhorsebet or your photos
Not at ALL...I didn't mean you to think that in any way, I was simply saying that, when trying to figure out what these objects are people capture on film, it usually, USUALLY turns out that say, 80% to 90% can and are proved to be the simplest explanation.

I realize you weren't out looking for UFOS and aren't some lame hoaxster, don't worry, I didn't mean that at all, sorry if you got that idea.

I myself, after seeing how the streetlight is tinged with green in the youtube video as Soylent Green pointed out to me that I hadn't noticed...I am way leaning toward lens flare, because you weren't out looking for UFOS, and you weren't seeing any object besides the strange looking moon...

However, since Internos obviously isn't completely convinced, I was definitely going to keep an eye on this thread
Does that clarify my opinion? I would LOVE for this to be one of the ones that can't be explained away, after you rule out the obvious!

Edit to add, it looks pretty darn bright and luminous in the photo to me...most UFO photos that are posted here, are dim pin lights that move, and the witnesses claim they were way brighter in front of their eyes, then what the camera captured, I on the other hand, think this is telling, that this object is the opposite, you didn't notice it, and it's very noticeable, which, is another reason I am thinking lens flare

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Yes, I can, I thought about this, and I will. Brilliant idea.

Tonight it is storming and we have tornado warnings till 10:30 p.m. Central time. I'd go out there, but for my dogs, who I must spirit into the basement if the warning goes off.

Dark

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Great idea Earthscum! That would probably help Internos with his calculations concerning where the light was coming from etc..

Can you do that darkhorsebet?? That would be awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join