It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain what I just caught on camera but did not see?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I just left a move theatre no more than 20 minutes ago. We noticed that the moon was new, but we could still see the dark side of the moon, as well as a lighted outline of the whole moon. It appeared as if there was an eclipse, but I didn't think that we were expecting one. I could not figure out what would light up the dark surface of the moon, so I took cell pics - about five or six. I caught an object on two pics that I did not see with my eyes. I've just downloaded, What am I looking at here? Can anyone tell me what this is? First, can someone tell me how to upload the pics from my desktop? Looks like a very bright oblong or huge cylander, with a lighting source in the middle of or just below the center rim of the object. Am very weirded out. A rational explanation would be welcome.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow, looks like I'm the same as you, I don't see it either. Maybe if you uploaded the pics you took it might help.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

I'm not too sure how to upload to this site, but the ATS handbook might help, seeing that no one else has so far. You can find it on the left hand sidebar.
I'd like to see what you got myself.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You can upload the pics to photobucket, or image shack, I'm pretty sure they're both free.

Looking forward to seeing them.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah i wanna see these also....photobucket is a good choice.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Send the pics to yourself by email. Save the pics to your computer. Upload the pics to Photobucket. They will assign it an address that you can either link here, or post the image right in the thread by using the tag "IMG" in brackets.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorsebet
I could not figure out what would light up the dark surface of the moon, - - -

It's Earth light. The sunlight is reflected off the Earth and back into space. When the Moon is new or less than a quarter full, you can see the dark side dimly lit by Earth light. It happens every month and isn't rare or inexplicable.

WG3

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Bump

OP did you figure out how to get your pic hosted?
If not at least update us!
Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I can't post because I am new, this being the first experience I have had that kind of got me thinking. Here is the youtube link.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by darkhorsebet]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
[edit on 7-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well if it's not a lens reflection!
My buddy I think you may have caught a UFO

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Are you serious? I have two pics of it - one closer to the moon and one moving away. I'll try photobucket for both pics.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by darkhorsebet]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here they are:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Interesting photos you took

Wow it looks green, at least on my monitor, on the pictures you placed here on ATS but it didn't look green on the youtube version. Odd. It's definitely interesting! I can't wait to see what anyone with good photo analyzing skills makes of it! Starred and flagged and nice photos of the moon as well! Good job darkhorsebet!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nice catch!

But.... (There is always a 'but')

It could be a relflection inside the lense from the stronger light from the right of the picture.

Or it is a ufo

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Yes, there is always a "but" . . .

I thought about that. I cannot post the unclipped versions, or at least, I need to downsize them first, but there is a streetlight to my lower right as I took the pics.

As I took them, I walked toward and then away from that light so that I would have a point of reference from the ground, and then just a pure pic of the moon. The moon was what got me clicking the cell camera. I know about earth light, but this was virtually identical to an eclipse-like effect - the dark side of the moon was that clearly delineated.

Pic. No 461 - one that doesn't show the object at all, also has the streetlight in the lower right. I'll post it. These pics were all taken in rapid succession.

In the pics where the object is, I was standing almost exactly in the same place, and the streetlight was purposely placed in the lower right of the photo. But the object, whatever it is, moved in relation to the moon in distance between the time these photos were taken. Streetlight is in the same place. Moon is in the same place. Object moves. Is that possible with a lens reflection?

Please tell me this is a lens anomaly. I would much prefer that explanation to an explanation that might lead to men in black waterboarding me until I promise to delete the photos.

I don't know about the green caste. The pics I posted were adjusted to lower brightness and up contrast, and to clip so that they would fit this site's requirements. No color was adjusted.

If the translation between my cell, my computer, and photobucket greened things out, why is the moon still clearly perfectly white?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yes, I would agree that anything is possible. I would find it strange that a streetlight would cause a lens reflection in this case because I have three photos with that streetlight used as a point of reference, and one doesn't show this object. (I'll photobucket and post it.)

In the other two, there are differing distances between the object and the moon, but the streetlight doesn't move (because I didn't, or if my hands shook, the only thing that moved was the object).

I'd love to hear that this is a camera issue. Would one see the glare of the reflection through the viewfinder when one takes the photo? Why are the objects different in relation with the moon when all else remains the same?

As for the green caste, I didn't really see that until I posted this. I did nothing to adjust color. I had to crop - the pic is too large for this site as is, and I didn't want to wait to resize in the original frame area. I also adjusted brightness and contrast. I don't know if the green came from the journey the pics took from cell to PC to photobucket, but the moon did not take on a green hue. I still have the pics on my cell. This is not an invitation, however, for the Men in Black to come and waterboard me.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hi darkhorsebet,
Welcome to ATS. Nice pics BTW.

I took the liberty of U2Uing 'Internos' asking him to take a look at the pics ... the guy's a genius and will provide you with an explanation one way ot the other, I'm sure.

Woody

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Flagged and starred

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hi, darkhorsebet, and welcome to ATS

Could you please be so kind to share the original images? Uncropped, unresized etcetera, straight as they came from the cellphone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join