It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American 'Ultra Black' Reversed Engineered Projects

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ah, but the real question is...do they taste any better than your standard MRE?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

Add enough hot sauce and it will.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Interesting.

However, you can not 'reverse engineer' alien technology.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

Well, they smell pretty odd. So, I'd say the pork patty one would be better, but if you had to compare it to the hopefully discontinued Four Fingers of Death, it might be a wash.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Tajlakz

Add enough hot sauce and it will.

Hot sauce fixes everything. I had a half dozen little sealed containers of happiness in my ruck - salt, pepper, garlic salt, sesame oil, chili powder. I could make earthworms and termites taste ok for about six weeks.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Bedlam

Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

Well, they smell pretty odd. So, I'd say the pork patty one would be better, but if you had to compare it to the hopefully discontinued Four Fingers of Death, it might be a wash.

So what's new,, budget cuts, and the grunts have to eat even more revolting MREs (*) even as the F-35 just continues pump out more taxpayer petroleum goodness for LM?

(*) "no dude, when it says Alien Moss Sandwich, they are actually not joking!" "no way!" "way. It's cheaper than even them ''chicken'' ''nuggets''. They farm it on rocks. Like "tofu substitute product". " "oh I'm about to gag now. I miss Iraq, love that tasty shawarma #"
edit on 28-2-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

mbkennel
So what's new,, budget cuts, and the grunts have to eat even more revolting MREs (*) even as the F-35 just continues pump out more taxpayer petroleum goodness for LM?

I date from the switchover from C-rations (technically MCIs) to MREs. While MCI's were heavy and bulky, if you had some, they were generally ok if a little monotonous. Some of the MCIs were pretty dang good. They'd last forever, I remember getting some dated from a time that Dad might have gotten them, and they wouldn't have been fresh then) The first MREs were horrific on average, although a few were ok - the pork patty was not bad, the egg-like thing was aptly re-named the vomelet and the four fingers of death was not to be eaten.

The current ones, from what I've seen, will still give you cast iron clinkers (can you get a Purple Heart for constipation induced hemorrhoids?) but are pretty good on average.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join