It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Excuse For Unemployment rate 'Ridiculous' :CNN Reporter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think everyone's got it wrong.

We're not pointing the blame in the right direction.

Yes, there are a large number of teenagers that are hitting the job market, but there are also a large number of baby boomers that just aren't retiring, or are being forced out of their old jobs, and getting new jobs, because they can't afford to live off of their pentions and what-not.

So, you should be blaming those darn boomers. They need to just retire already and stay retired. Silly boomers- if they had only known about Bush's master plan for social security, they would have all invested their money into private funds, and been able to retire as billionaires. Silly boomers, they need to learn to save what they have, and eat dirt to save money- then they can stay retired.

B.t.w. - If we loose enough soldiers over seas, we don't have to worry about them coming back home and devouring even more jobs. Ah-HA! I bet that's Bush's master plan!!! We just didn't see it. I'm just somewhat surprised he didn't push to get a draft back reinstated. Then we really could have started reducing our numbers.

Sorry, I need to stop, my sarcasm is starting to split my brain in two.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I think you misunderstand...

Unemployment will spike again this month. Because jobs are not being created, and several MILLION College students are walking around with their new fancy degrees in various fields with no work to be hired into.

So you add all these new "young" people to the job force and you couple that with older people increasingly being forced into retirement or fired because they make to much..

And you get a rise in unemployment.

I don't see how that was really that hard to understand?

Can you please clarify this, it quite honestly makes close to no sense what so ever.

#1) College graduates are causing ht problem? Is this something new? Is there currently a spike in the # of people graduating? If so please provide the evidence.

#2) Older people being forced into retirement or being fired are adding to the problem? Is there a statistic to show that this is actually happening at a higher rate than normal? Again please provide the evidence.

Quite honestly it sounds to me like you are trying to create excuses for the failures of this administration, and if you disagree with this please PROVE me wrong...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That is just a bunch of BS to keep the sheople from stampeding,it is one of those nonsensical statements to numb the weak minded,and give them someone to point fingers at in blame.
This administration is just trying to keep the peace until they stroll off to enjoy the fruits of their legislation.
Besides,all of the things that are happening now are the result of legislation which was passed in the previous administistration's terms,the Bush term legislation will take a few years to really hit home.
You think it is bad now,wait a few years.
I would suggest you start downsizing now,so you won't be forced to do it later.
American's are pretty ignorant for the most part,the majority of us take almost everything for granted.
You will reap what you have sown.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
unemployment would be cured by the universal service act of 2008,which hasnt' been passed yet,I think,I'm not sure.
But it would mandate two years of military service for all men and women between the age of 18 and 42 years old,with few exceptions.
Well Golly gosh!,that's a whole lotta cannon fodder now hey......
Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by RRconservative

So people only turn working age at certain times of the year then?

Not defending Bush on this one. However, I agree with others here that actually there could be some truth to that. There are more people entering the job market in the summer due to people graduating from school and thus looking for jobs. Also, I would imagine that people still in school but wanting summer jobs could influence the numbers.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

So now unemployment levels can be blamed by "too many people looking for work" according to our our Decider. LMAO!

Never mind all the businesses folding up shop due to the horrible economy and people being layed off as corps are downsizing or outsourcing left and right.

5 straight months of job losses and these guys are still spewing out nonsense, hoping to keep convincing the sheeples that everything's just in "a little slowdown"...

Unreal.

CNN senior business correspondent Ali Velshi weighed in that Bush administration excuses for the poor economy were "ridiculous." Velshi explained, "I just wish they wouldn't say that. President Bush said something earlier about how the unemployment rate today -- the increase -- was because a whole bunch of teenagers have joined the workforce, that's the point. 100,000 people join the working age working force every month. If we don't create 100,000 jobs every month, we're not doing the right thing."

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

While we are in economic hard times (and I believe a recession that will be long and drawn out)...the President is actually 100% correct, the unemployment rate jumped mostly in the 16-22 year old age range...aka people looking for summer work. The unemployment rate for full-time adult workers actually didn't fall quite as much as expected...but their unemployment rate did rise.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am starting to think we have already seen the worst of whats going on with the economy.

Not too long ago, in a nearby neighbourhood, about every 3rd house was for sale. Now they have all sold, and there aren't any.

The housing crisis is over. My opinion, from what I see, no stats to back this up.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

What you didn't take into account is the fact that many teens get jobs for summer vacation. May is when they all start applying for their summer jobs.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There’s plenty of Jobs in America, the problem is Kids are told that some jobs are better than other job.

If they take said crummy jobs they are crummy too.

so 11 million illegal people take the jobs create a black market of the size of a small country and none of the money goes to America. Only the costs - Policing Educating and cleaning up the mess.

Perhaps if the educating system didn't vilify those jobs real Americans with right aptitude/mental capacity would take them. - There stop the stories of a land of jobs and promise.

Report illegal Aliens and don't work with companies that use them.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

and where exactly do you think that all of these low-paying jobs go to?

For ever big business that is built, there's going to be a need for landscapers, janitors, plumbers, etc.

Can anyone say illegal immigration?
If i was a worker for "tha migra"

i'd spend all of my time at my local home depots, landscaping agents, roofing companies, and McDonalds.

One has to be incredibly blind to deny that illegal immigration is a huge problem of the unemployment rate. Im not saying its the only problem either, so don't go trying to call me out on that.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We're screwed. Businesses are closing shops, therefore, there are not much oppurtunities.

The goverment distroyed out economy. Thanks a lot Ignoranuses...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join