It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Max Hardcore found guilty in obscenity trial

page: 21
5
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
reply to post by Bigwhammy
 


Well, it's illegal to have more than 2 children in some places. I guess that makes it right huh?



Scarecrow dances down the yellow brick road

Look Dorthy! I see a straw man!


We're talking about sick twisted porn. not basic freedoms

Geez of course I believe we have natural human rights but your personal freedoms do have to be weighed against the good of the many. ie Laws. No its not perfect. That's why we have juries. If it seems like a law is unreasonable or unfairly applied they can let him walk. Its called jury nullification.

NEWSFLASH: The Jury found him guilty.




posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
No its you guys saying he has the right to make this sick crap that is imposing your opinion on the majority who say - "no we don't want it in our culture at all."


And yet, the majority rule specifically removes my rights as an individual to make my own decisions about what I find acceptable. That's about as backwards and ridiculous as it comes.

So, it's your culture, not ours right?




We do not want it available period. Its a matter of Law. Thats' why we have laws against even producing some types of material. Extreme example is child porn. He is purposefully very extreme sick twisted and violent.

the people said no more.


If you don't want it, don't buy it. And the matter of law is beside the point. The laws against kiddy porn is because it involves innocent and non-consenting individuals. The people are idiots, (by and large). That's why we don't have a democracy.

BTW, I find it offensive that you have someone having a spike driven through his arm. You're imposing your 'whatever' on me. Shall we take a vote?



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Geez of course I believe we have natural human rights but your personal freedoms do have to be weighed against the good of the many. ie Laws. No its not perfect. That's why we have juries. If it seems like a law is unreasonable or unfairly applied they can let him walk. Its called jury nullification.

NEWSFLASH: The Jury found him guilty.



And that's why we have appeals courts, because the government knows that juries make mistakes. To assume they're unerring is just silly.

And please, explain to me how this verdict in any way affects you, or 'the many' .



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And yet, the majority rule specifically removes my rights as an individual to make my own decisions about what I find acceptable. That's about as backwards and ridiculous as it comes.


Sorry its not either. Some people obviously do not know whats good for them they get hooked on drugs and die from it. They drive drunk and kill and maime innocent people. So sorry what each individual finds acceptable is not good enough - DUH!!!!

Jeffery Dahmer found eating people acceptable.



So, it's your culture, not ours right?


Whose "your"? Its "ours" the last time I checked at least - I don't ever recall making any laws myself - congress does that.





If you don't want it, don't buy it. And the matter of law is beside the point. The laws against kiddy porn is because it involves innocent and non-consenting individuals. The people are idiots, (by and large). That's why we don't have a democracy.


That "If you don't want it, don't buy it" argument is just a fallacy. You could say the same of child porn or snuff movies.



BTW, I find it offensive that you have someone having a spike driven through his arm. You're imposing your 'whatever' on me. Shall we take a vote?



Thanks! awesome example!!!

Again you lose! Sorry your personal opinion is not the rule. You and I made an agreement to obey the terms and conditions of ATS. Its not up to you but the staff. If they ask me to change it I will. They do not think it is offensive or they would have already asked me take it off.

This case was decided by a jury not one mans opinion. Get over it.

remember... - porn is for losers and fools- but that's just my personal opinion


Later...



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by slackerwire
 




Do you people realize that not everyone shares your morals or beliefs? If so, why do you insist on imposing them on others?


We impose our belief that murder is wrong - but serial killers believe its OK- so how dare we impose on their rights to kill?

See it is you imposing your LACK of morals on us - not the other way. In our society we have laws and a legal system the people have spoken. We passed laws. Sorry but a small fringe pervert minority does not get to impose their disease on the majority.


Usually when I debate religious nuts, they at least have an ounce of intelligence. Such isn't the case here.

Murder= Harmful to someone else.

Porn= doesn't harm others.

Now, let me prove your ignorance fool.

a) You don't know me (thankfully), therefore you are in no position to state whether I have morals or not. Simply because one likes porn, or more importantly, the freedom to produce it, doesn't mean they are without a moral code. Just because it doesn't match up to your narrow minded, foolish thought process doesn't make you right.

b) Small pervert fringe minority? Uh, hate to break your precious little overly-ignorant world view, but the porn industry routinely brings in more revenue than mainstream Hollywood does.

Who is in the minority?

Do you diseased religious whackos get to impose your will on others?

[edit on 12-6-2008 by slackerwire]



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy
 


No one dies in these movies. No one gets drunk and kills anyone. No one is hurt. It involves consenting adults. All obscenity laws do is impose your ideals on others. If theyre not hurting anyone why should they be punished?

And your comment about porn being for losers is priceless. I suppose you enjoy the idea of losers being deprived of rights. Even a loser has the right to be sexually satisfied, provided no one is hurt in the process.

Sounds to me like you're letting your personal taste define what others should enjoy. Pretty selfish if you ask me. But then again, what should I expect.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by Rasobasi420
 


No its you guys saying he has the right to make this sick crap that is imposing your opinion on the majority who say - "no we don't want it in our culture at all." We do not want it available period. Its a matter of Law. Thats' why we have laws against even producing some types of material. Extreme example is child porn. He is purposefully very extreme sick twisted and violent.

the people said no more.


This has got to be one of the most thoughtless, senseless comments I have ever read on this forum.

Serious question here: Would you prefer the U.S. to become a theocracy?

Who are you, and all of your other fruitcake friends to decide what someone may or may not do with a legal product?

Who are you to decide what belongs in "our culture"?

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Nothing could be easier.

Instead, it is YOU who is attempting to impose their beliefs on others, not the other way around.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
cse.stanford.edu...


Sex sells. As the number one income generator on the Internet today, pornography is a ripe business that will continue to grow along with the advancement of technology. With a reported annual growth rate of 40% since 1997, and the status of being the most queried subject on search engines, pornography is a thriving industry and one of the only successful e-businesses.


So, it looks like the majority loves porn.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I want to clear something up that I have tried to before but no one wants to listen.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pedophilia is prebubescant, Ephebophilia is teenage.

And another thing, dressing younger? Have any of you seen the way young girls dress these days? I work at the mall, I see them daily. They dress in ways that would make most street walkers blush. These days there is no "Dressing younger"



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
cse.stanford.edu...


Sex sells. As the number one income generator on the Internet today, pornography is a ripe business that will continue to grow along with the advancement of technology. With a reported annual growth rate of 40% since 1997, and the status of being the most queried subject on search engines, pornography is a thriving industry and one of the only successful e-businesses.


So, it looks like the majority loves porn.



Point being?



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy


That "If you don't want it, don't buy it" argument is just a fallacy. You could say the same of child porn or snuff movies.



I don't think you know the meaning of the word fallacy.

How many times must you be told snuff films are a myth and simply do not exist?

How many times must you be told the difference between porn and child porn?

Consenting vs unconsenting. Seriously, have you ever suffered a brain injury?

Even a dullard would be able to see the difference, yet you cannot. Why?

Child porn= someone is harmed (the child)

porn= no one is harmed

Child porn= unconsenting minor

Porn= Consenting adults

What is so hard about that?

If porn is for losers and fools, why does it make more money than Hollywood?

If you want to get into topics for fools and losers, lets try religion.

Giant invisible man in the sky? Now thats just plain funny.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by slackerwire]



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire
 




Thannnkkkk you.
Common sense makes a comeback on ATS.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire
 


What is wrong is simply your bigoted intolerant attitude. Did I quote any Bible verses. No. I used Scientific study from a senate science committee :

Here

Its proven to be an addiction and its harmful.

And I didn't make the obscenity laws the Congress did! And I wasn't on the jury hearing the evidence- you weren't either. Grow up.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy
 


But not everyone gets addicted.
So that's a weak arguement.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire
 


It is an obvious fallacy to say of you don't like it dont buy it. It does harm. Because it IS proven harmful by science. Sorry if that messes with your "fun".

Are you really that thick headed?
Obviously there are a lot of losers and fools - just look at all the crack heads heroin addicts and porn freaks. Hopefully they will get help and don't stay losers and fools. They don't have to be.


BTW-- WAS a legal product -- its not a legal product in FL ANYMORE


[edit on 6/12/2008 by Bigwhammy]



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Also you guys are very much the intolerant bigots you accuse Christians of being. Actually much worse and crazy. You keep blaming me personally for this case which is another fallacy. Its delusional really. I wasn't in congress passing the laws and I wasn't on the jury. I support the legal system. You don't. That makes you a criminal doesn't it?

You think your right to watch twisted smut outweighs our voted on laws. Sorry You are just wrong. We have courts so stop being bigots and blaming me it's not just not my opinion. A jury decided.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy
 


Evidently you didn't bother to read the study I posted. No surprise there.

When porn is more open and more accepted, occurrences of sexual crimes go down.

I guess you'd rather have more women get raped than god forbid someone catch a porno flick.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by slackerwire
 


It is an obvious fallacy to say of you don't like it dont buy it. It does harm. Because it IS proven harmful by science. Sorry if that messes with your "fun".

Are you really that thick headed?
Obviously there are a lot of losers and fools - just look at all the crack heads heroin addicts and porn freaks. Hopefully they will get help and don't stay losers and fools. They don't have to be.


BTW-- WAS a legal product -- its not a legal product in FL ANYMORE


[edit on 6/12/2008 by Bigwhammy]



Yet again allow me to prove you wrong.

Bang Bros. (one of the biggest porn production companies on the internet) is based in Florida. Bwahahahahahahaha.



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Also you guys are very much the intolerant bigots you accuse Christians of being. Actually much worse and crazy. You keep blaming me personally for this case which is another fallacy. Its delusional really. I wasn't in congress passing the laws and I wasn't on the jury. I support the legal system. You don't. That makes you a criminal doesn't it?

You think your right to watch twisted smut outweighs our voted on laws. Sorry You are just wrong. We have courts so stop being bigots and blaming me it's not just not my opinion. A jury decided.


You're not being very tolerant of porn producers are you?

Supporting unconstitutional laws makes you a sheep, nothing more.

How does someone watching porn personally damage you? How are you harmed if your neighbor watches porn?

You think your retarded religious beliefs outweighs someones right to make a living producing widely accepted and legal videos.

Sorry, not quite. Thankfully the Taliban isn't here. (yet)



posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy
 




Sorry its not either. Some people obviously do not know whats good for them they get hooked on drugs and die from it. They drive drunk and kill and maime innocent people. So sorry what each individual finds acceptable is not good enough - DUH!!!!


So you would rather have the government tell you what is good or bad for you instead of making an educated, rational choice? Just curious.




top topics



 
5
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

log in

join