It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie the Happenning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Who wants to go see it? I hope it's good, its by M. Knight Shyamalan. I liked The Village, didnt see The Lady in The Water. Who has seen that, was it good? Tell me why I should, or should not go see it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well, it's his first rated R movie...which means it's probably a little freakier than his previous movies. I dunno. I'm going to see it regardless. It seems like the usual M. Knight Shaymalan (sp?) formula. Leads you to believe one thing then twists the plot at the end. Should be entertaining though. I look forward to it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Me too

I have a feeling I will enjoy this one immensely

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Lady in the water.... I thought it was terrible... The Village was great... I wanna see this it has Mark Wahlberg in it, I think he is a great actor.

I cant wait for it to come out.

Oni x x

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I haven't really heard too much about it, aside from seeing what I had on the box.
Isn't about some suicide pandemic or something? Something Viral? Some government scheme?
I can only imagine.. M's first R - rated movie..
I'm going to see it. I just hope it's better than "Teen Wolf"!

It seems there's been alot of dissapointments in the movie scene lately. With the remake of Day of the Dead and all..

Jesus H. Christ, NICK CANNON!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hehe my 13 year old asked if he and I could go see this one alone.
That was the first I heard of it, sooo, yes any opportunity to have some one on one will be welcome, we are going.

I will try and check back with the comments of an intelligent 13 year old boy.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I love M Night Shamalamalamalan, he takes some of the stupidest ideas and turns them into awesome movies.

Signs: Aliens that are allergic to water come to earth to take people (for some undisclosed reason), they have legs strong enough to jump on top of a house, but can't break down a door.

Unbreakable: A guy who is allergic to water (agian with the water allergy thing) is un killable, yet he manages to shave and shower with no problems.

The Village: A guy gets stabbed and they send a blind girl (not one of the elders that knows the truth and can get help better) to go into the woods and find medicine from the outside world.

I could probably find stupid stories and indeas in all of them, but the fact is, Shamalan is a genius in taking stupid stories and making them in to suspence gold, if only the sci-fi channel could find a way to do that. Plus, all his movies talk about how everyone has a destiny, and most of them talk about how God uses the bad for good. If you didn't know, Shamalan is a Christian, I think he includes his faith in a little bit of all his movies. I love his brand of suspense, it's a lot better than all these "Pop up and scare you" type of movies, things that just try to scare you, plus he is so good that he doesn't have to have sex scenes in his movies to keep people watching his stuff.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There is a thread on this in the movies section.
This is the reason i'm not retyping my answer to your question about lady in the water.
It's all in another thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
I love M Night Shamalamalamalan, he takes some of the stupidest ideas and turns them into awesome movies.

Signs: Aliens that are allergic to water come to earth to take people (for some undisclosed reason), they have legs strong enough to jump on top of a house, but can't break down a door.

Unbreakable: A guy who is allergic to water (agian with the water allergy thing) is un killable, yet he manages to shave and shower with no problems.

The Village: A guy gets stabbed and they send a blind girl (not one of the elders that knows the truth and can get help better) to go into the woods and find medicine from the outside world.

I could probably find stupid stories and indeas in all of them, but the fact is, Shamalan is a genius in taking stupid stories and making them in to suspence gold, if only the sci-fi channel could find a way to do that. Plus, all his movies talk about how everyone has a destiny, and most of them talk about how God uses the bad for good. If you didn't know, Shamalan is a Christian, I think he includes his faith in a little bit of all his movies. I love his brand of suspense, it's a lot better than all these "Pop up and scare you" type of movies, things that just try to scare you, plus he is so good that he doesn't have to have sex scenes in his movies to keep people watching his stuff.

-Jimmy

Jimmy, you made my day
with the whole Shalala thing. And thats right, I tend to watch movies and try to catch the inconsistencies too. Like for example, Independence Day for TV and I watched it for 30s time now, I noticed that Will Smith's stripper gf was in LA, or at least Cali, and then she found the first lady, who is supposedly just took off from DC, how did she get to DC in like 6 hours by driving the first truck.
Still good movie though.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I am so looking forward to this. I really like the director and his movies are out of the world. The story line looks good and the actors seem like they can actually act. So thumbs up here.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
lol i saw it and...
It was absolutely hilarious.
Not scary at alll.
I really enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I thought it was bad and boring :S
I was very excited from watching the trailer, and was actually thinking "hey, maybe wahlberg can pull this off"..

I thought it was shallow, and only just kept me going. This coming from someone who has loved every single film he made before.
I honestly think that this one was below The Village.

However I have an idea that he did this on purpose so he can get a "comeback" with his next movie. You can only keep going upwards for some time before your bubble bursts. So why not burst it yourself and at least be in control.

The next one will be great

top topics

join