It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

enlightenment or full of 'it'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This may be a dramatic statement for this post, but I’m trying to explain how I feel and don’t have enough points to get into the chat room.

I am English, nearly 34, married to a polish lady (Catholic). I have zero affiliation to any religion (especially Catholicism) and for the past 10 years got reasonably fixated with the UFO (for want of a better phrase) subject.

I have never seen a UFO but I have analysed all available data from documentaries, disclosure project interviews and the multitude of recent sightings on the news (O’Hare, Phoenix + that recent one in Stevenville Texas) and to be honest it’s always been the military’s public response to these sightings that has always convinced me of authenticity rather than the actual sighting.

Anyway I seem to be going off my point a little, in fact I’m not entirely sure what my point I want to make on this thread.

I have a question for you all: I, as a result of all data collated have come to the realisation that we have been visited by many alien species for thousands of years. This, for me is no longer a theory it is fact.

The reason for me announcing this is not to try and convince any of you or my wife but to try and explain how free. I feel completely enlightened and at peace as a result of this knowledge.

Allot of high profile situations have happened recently in the news which have been unmatched, not leased the catholic churches admission that it’s not incompatible for a catholic to believe in ET’s. Bloody ell why make a statement like that which they don’t need to make? Disclosure????

Oh crap I’ve gone off my point again, anyway I have spent years of, yeah maybe they have visited us, and then going through stages of thinking of its all BS. The fact is I am convinced and would like to know if the transition from wanting, suspecting and finally knowing affected your thought processes or spirituality? I mention spirituality because as a result I feel more spiritual and less scientific/analytically cold than I did before (what I call) enlightenment.

Anyway this post when into a different direction to which it was intended so ill have to find a new home. Thanks for listening

Jason

Mod edit: profanity from title

[edit on 6/6/2008 by kinglizard]

[edit on 6-6-2008 by overclockedanimal]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It is a sign of growth and a good one at that.
See there are things that we just seem to inherently "know", however we tend to supress that knowledge from ourselves on a consciuos level.. fighting our own instincts because of what we have been taught from early on in life.

It is when we dig deeper that we start to let go of our programming and give in to the knowledge that has always lied dormant within us and begin to accept the truths that we always knew to be true but were afraid to accept.

It is one of the first steps on the path to enlightenment if that is what you want to call it.. perhaps a more accurate term would be preparation for transition into a new level of awareness.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah I completely agree! I feel the same but you have a better way or articulating it than me. I don’t know what your beliefs and its irrelevant to this matter are but you seem to be at peace which is what I am aiming for and am nearly there, I hope. But recently it really exposes the hatred, anger, jealousy and guilt that so many of my friends burden themselves with. What a waste of energy. Thanks for your reply

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Oh crap appologies for bad grammer etc its 03:45 here and I have insomnia

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by overclockedanimal
on the news (O’Hare, Phoenix + that recent one in Stevenville Texas) and to be honest it’s always been the military’s public response to these sightings that has always convinced me of authenticity rather than the actual sighting.

I see what you mean, and Im there with you. I have very few UFO encounters, most are not close, but what makes me believe is the evidence too. Going off your quote, government, being sneaky, might actually be making new technology and confusing people with reverse psychology. Did you notice how old UFOS remind you of old cars of the 1960s.

New UFO, look more modern though.
Bue the UFOs that have been portrayed in images hundreds of years ago, those I don't know how to explain.
What my point is that we want to believe, but more evidence is needed. Plus, any Christian would say that they are the devil and Catholic church is evil. Who knows? They MIGHT be correct. For us to say that we know something to that extent for sure, is just awful.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by overclockedanimal

lol no worries happens to us all when we are kept up by such deep thoughts.

I try not to have beliefs although they do happen.. I mean you lean toward accepting something as more likely than the other.

I am still not 100% on what is what.. but I have a good notion on it.

I just hope more people start letting go and accepting the things they know and quit fighting themselves.

If that can happen... there is real hope for all those here on this rock we call earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yeah point taken. Im not trying to be disrespectful to catholics or any other christian belief it just I find most christians to be full of hate, fear and guilt. I have met buddists both in my home town of Brighton and Tailand and thay are very much at peace. Also im not saying what I think is so, call it my religion if you will.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I know what you mean about 1960 UFO's. You seen a documentary: Ships of Light: The Carlos Diaz Experience? Really cheap lookin g doc. but content is facinating. Seen it?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OK Im gonna try get some snooze, but thanks for all that responded to my late night rant Especially NephraTari

Ova and out

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Awesome... the mass awakening is indeed happening. So many of us are being enlightened. We don't need a Church, synagogue, temple, or whatever religious establishment to be enlightened. That is for each of us to achieve.

Love and Light

new topics

top topics

join