It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: (RUMOR) Osama Bin Laden caught?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i just noticed something, this thread was started (within 20 minutes) shortly after the internet release of a new bin laden audio tape.

NEWS: New Bin Laden Audio Tape Released

case of tmi? i need sleep.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Do people ever translate this bin laden tape?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
so, thats what woke me up

that giant fire fight with the 50+ bodyguards OBL was said to have encamped around him 24/7.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas
so, thats what woke me up

that giant fire fight with the 50+ bodyguards OBL was said to have encamped around him 24/7.

What are you talkin' bout?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I read something similar around the 18th... from the Belgin News Network... I'll see if I can find the link.

They said that Osama was in captivity. Though then I heard about US Denying it so I blew it off.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i have no clue... i mean they would announce it to help bush, or they wouldnt announce it to prevent major attacks, who knows?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
People, please.

I have noticed recently that the instant gut reaction of lots of people on the board is to jump down peoples throats. Now, I am not saying NewYorker is telling the trush or bullsh*tting, but lets at least give him/her a day or so to get their facts in order.

Come on people, lets not get a name for ourselves.....

Ben

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
A top Al-Qaeda terrorist has been arrested in Yemen.Reports coming in.

One of the things that we can expect is that whenever a top Al-Qaeda opperative is captured rumours of Bin Laden's capture will abound.It does not mean that it will never be true.

*We don't want to be just reporting stories already on the net.If we want exclusives then you can't expect links.If we get an accurate report it will probably look just like this one by NY.So let's give the guy a break.*

New Yorker,Sounds like a good,reliable,and trustworthy source you've got there.I hope you won't be put off by some of the replies.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Nerdling if you have 2 sources who work for the government then I would hate to be the 2 sources. It is highly illegal to give out top secret information. Especially if they are giving it out to someone in another country.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sources cant be very good. I think it wouldve been shouted from the rooftops by now.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
No, it wouldn't....

As I pointed out, it would be utterly foolish to announce an OBL capture right now. In the minds of many Bush supporters who are on the fence, this would simply be seen as "oh, job done, guess we can vote for the guy who'll do better domestically now...".

This is the LAST thing the Bush camp wants... When you're touting yourself as the great defender, you need a big boogeyman out there....without him, he'll lose, and he knows it...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Just a thought! When would be the best time for Bush to release the info? I would imagine that it would be right before any debate with Kerry.

Bush: "Look what I have done! I have given you all Osama like I promised I would!"

Kerry: "Yes, but what have you done about the US economy?"

Bush: "Look what I have done! I have given you all Osama like I promised I would!"

Kerry: "Alright we got that, but what about the disintigration of the constitution under your presidency?"

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hey guys! Thanks for all of those who backed me up, I can honeslty say that I did not post this to spread disinformation or anything of the sort. I am simply passing on what I believe to be credible and reliable information from a family member. I have unfortunately not heard anything back from her, but there are lots of signs that point toward something "going down", whether it be in Iran or Pakistan or whatever. I am sure time will tell all. Cheers!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
New Yorker: Thanks for the original post, and don't worry about the naysayers. There are some who would be most disappointed by the capture of bin Laden, though most of them won't say so directly.

Note the continuing uptick in arrests of al Queda inner circle operators. This is a clue for those watching with interest.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kricket
Note the continuing uptick in arrests of al Queda inner circle operators. This is a clue for those watching with interest.

Kricket, i found your post very interesting. What do you mean by "this is a clue to those watching with interest"?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
infinite: Hello. Check the new thread on the Hunt for Osama. I put a lot of the story of the past 6 weeks there. I see the sudden spate of captures of al Queda higher-ups as a clue that perhaps Osama was captured. Perhaps through questioning, or papers or phones, etc. captured along with bin Laden, breakthroughs have been made, leading to these other captures.

We have had this Osama capture rumor before (last year), but this go-round has had a lot more clues, and my source has been reliable in the past.

I have high hopes that we have him this time, and that we are also chasing down al Zawahiri, the real mastermind and danger.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join