It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans View America as a 'Force For Evil' Under Bush

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I could personally care a less what europe thinks.

Another thing, India has 3x the population of europe, and is the most pro us nation in the world, however, you dont hear about these things, as anti americanism is popular.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tembisa

And this is an absolutely classic syndrome of the mass media fed foaming at the mouth America hatred. There is nothing of substance here.

Don't get me wrong. Your more than free to hate America. But don't be delusional enough to think your actually being rational about it. Your just buying into the mass media and the need to hate the superpower. Once that status changes from America to another country, all the media led sheeple will switch their hatred to the next superpower.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The poll is flawed from the outset as 'good' and 'evil' are nonsensical childish concepts that don't actually exist in reality.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
dont count the days mighty america saved they day for us old europeans.
without usa, the world would look a lot different, i can not tell how. but i can tell you that the little brother of europe, namely the US, is acting arrogant and like a "Q".
US thinks, they know best and rule over their world. all of it belongs to them. they have not just the right to bear arms, they, and they only and their puppet states are allowed to posess weapons of mass destruction and nukes.
people why are proud of america are the weakest in education, because if you mainly ask them why they are proud, you get the answer :"just because" or because some nonsense that many other countries also have or had before..

you know what a child does, that isnt allowed to do its own experience? it is never learning anything, but has in fact no brains to know what to do and is unable to act independent.
and i would argue, that exactly this is, what the US is eager to see around the whole world.

all those big companies from US shall have the right to do anything. monsanto has the right to sell, and only them, crop in africa.
US patents stand over all others. if they steal it via ECHELON, well, thank you, stupid! america is not inventing (much) anything new, they just talk to the lawyer the fastest. if the lawyer isn't doing any good, bombs will rain, or HAARP is activated.

well, this is the truth. and also true is, that you are not better than the germans and jews, that did not resist when they ahould better have. if you do not, its your KARMA, and therefore you will be shot if seen amongst the men who did all this to the world.

so the crash will not only happen in europ and middle east and asia, it will affect you, and your far far away soil also and very heavily.
the fact is: even bush knows what is coming, but he wont starve to death, he will sit everything out in his buker, location unknown.

[edit on 8/6/2008 by rxnnxs]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hello everybody!
I just became a member yesterday and this is my first post, but there is something so upsetting to me with the very premise of this thread and some of the generalizations flying around, that I needed to speak to this point.
Let me first point out that I was born in France of Greek parents, I have lived in Athens, Paris, Rome, London, and presently reside in Washington DC with my Scottish wife and English bulldog. I am 40 and lived in "Europe" for the first two thirds of my life and in the USA for the last third.
It is fundamentally erroneous to refer to "Europe" as a single state, people, or culture. To state that "Europeans" feel one way or another about the United States is akin to stating that Asians or Africans or South Americans fell one way or another about Americans.
The problem is that even though the premise is false it does not make it less dangerous. Whether intentional or unintentional, this thread is an intellectual trap. To respond to its point rather than its validity, is to get baited into increasingly aggressive posts and replies. Two sides of the same non-existant coin.
I love this site because people take the time and energy to get informed. There are people like this the world over. And there are others who exercise their right not to seek. Either way their global positioning is irrelevant.
And I don't even want to get started on the word "evil"

[edit on 8-6-2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The usa has a huge weapons lobby in its own country.
They all proudly own guns.
Now look at a global scale.
The american weapons industries all benefit bigtime from wars.
They really dont care if the weapons they sold are going to be used against innocents, or even their own people.
Combine that with a shoot first then ask policy from the bush government, and you have a very big issue for others to hate all that the usa is.
Because the things done in ww2 dont have nothing to do with the very bad way of interfering in the global world stability TODAY. WW2 is over, you are now doing the invading, warmongering, interfering. Bush isnt just bad, a whole part of the american people are bad. Like a part of the european people where bad in ww2. Being a superpower has big responsibilities. Not only bush, but the american people too decide if a war is justified.
Things done in the past dont give you a free ticket to do what you want either. You clearly are losing the ability to know right from wrong.
Like a psycotic patient whos telling lies, and believes in it.
The usa likes to be called western and civilised. But if you look closer they are no better than the countrys they like to bomb.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
well, i say that a good thing for Europeans.

finally they can pick up their lost honors and compete with american to be the positive power in this world.

after all, the world is tired to be overrided by those americans. new era is coming.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
And if my point couldn't be more proven in my latest posts we have a report by the Church of England saying what I suspect will be more common place in the coming years. Islam is not the creeping peaceful religion infecting Europe that some here say it is. It is a giant force of evil that will consume the people by terror over there.

Fairly soon England and other European countries will be in the hands of Muslims and we will have a President that will not lift a finger when the time is needed.

Hate American at your own peril...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It is fundamentally erroneous to refer to "Europe" as a single state, people, or culture. To state that "Europeans" feel one way or another about the United States is akin to stating that Asians or Africans or South Americans fell one way or another about Americans.

That is correct but I believe that the article sited did just that. The article comes from the London Telegraph or some such paper. So of course the generalizing is what makes myself and many other angry.
The article implies that the U.S. has been found wanting in the eyes of Europe as a whole, and proceeds to tell us that France does not care for us the most and that for some reason Russia likes it when we vote conservative.
All being stated as if, in light of this conflicting information we should as Citizens of a sovereign nation, simply roll over and give each European country a chance to pick our policies and representatives.

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
Fairly soon England and other European countries will be in the hands of Muslims and we will have a President that will not lift a finger when the time is needed.

Its funny that you quote a Church of England report, but are blissfully unaware of the total panning the Archbishop of Canterbury recently got for suggesting giving some leeway to Sharia laws. The guy was derided by every single mainstream political party, by his own church and every national newspaper, and public outcry on message boards and surveys across the country - including outcry from several muslim groups.

You are living under a misapprehension, and to be honest what you've written above is utter rubbish.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Europe did its bad deeds in the past, but we have learned our lessons. Have you, my dear Americans? it seems that while you are learning, you will also destroy the planet...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Honestly I many other Americans could care less what Europeans or anyone else thinks of this country. We do not feel that you have the right to dictate to us what our policies should be. You complain about our action in one country, and then complain about our inaction in another. You're hypocrites. If you think the Myanmar Junta is so evil then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Of-course I and everyone else on the planet knows that you won't. I am not so naive as to think that the US concerns itself with being a force for good, but I do know that it concerns itself for being a force for American interests and I support that. The only concern of the American government should be the prosperity of Americans, nothing else.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
I don't like the current state of the US, but have these Europeans forgotten that the US saved Europe (well England at least) from Hitler. If it weren't for the US, the English might be speaking German
. OK so this is not the greatest example, but I am not sure why Americans have been classified as forces for evil simply because of a bad president and his teammates.

AMEN

Have a good day ol chap!

posted on 8-6-2008 @ 12:29 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Europe did its bad deeds in the past, but we have learned our lessons. Have you, my dear Americans? it seems that while you are learning, you will also destroy the planet...

LOL, Europe has learned their lessons LOL, man dude that really made me laugh, gosh whew, how about you stop acting like Europe is now the purest thing in existence and look at the facts and see that they still have many f-ups.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Baxtoriafall]

posted on 8-6-2008 @ 07:53 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

well, i say that a good thing for Europeans.

finally they can pick up their lost honors and compete with american to be the positive power in this world.

after all, the world is tired to be overrided by those americans. new era is coming.

--

LOL what is with all the America haters on this forum? I mean gosh wherever you turn it is "AMERICA THE EVIL!" or "AMERICA CAUSED QUAKE IN MYANMAAR", I think the world just might be on coc aine from all the crazy assumptions they make about Americans

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Baxtoriafall]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If it wasnt for american technology...you lazy slow paced europeans would be still sharing water to drink with the cows and sheep you still farm.fwithout american technology you all would be using candles,still in the dark ages.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Europeans View America as a 'Force For Evil' Under Bush

Big surprise there!Do you have any thing I dont' know to offer?!

I agree with you though,we all get a bad name because of a few,sad,so sad.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
If it wasnt for american technology...you lazy slow paced europeans would be still sharing water to drink with the cows and sheep you still farm.fwithout american technology you all would be using candles,still in the dark ages.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by alienstar]

Mate, I would LOVE that... my own farm in the beautiful countryside, nothing but worrying about but the weather...

Keep your wall street, keep your military agenda and your corrupt political system, keep your guns and your dirty food, keep your guantanamo bay, keep your xenophobic attitude...

Give me the countryside anyday...

Thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Voted in for a second term? Perhaps you might do a little research on how the election was stolen through voter fraud by Florida's electronic voter machine scam and quickly covered up by brother Bush and the rigged Supreme Court. Check out Prison Planet or numerous other websites that clearly document what many of us have long known, elections in Amerika are as about as free as they were in the old CCCP. Remember the Clinton suicides?

[edit on 6/8/2008 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I had no quams with europeans still i seen them ripping apart american values for the sake of our stupid president.Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Hope you know about Machiavelli. Bush is not the leader of the US. Just have a look to the CFR and WHO is the head of their decisions. Bush is just a puppet - just as the future President will be a puppet.

What WE outside the US think, is that you Americans don't care about the ones who bring you into this situation. Your FED, what is it? A Fake - and your Dollar what is it? A fake. And what was Lusitania - a fake, and what about Pearl Harbor - a fake - and Tonking to start the Viet-Nam war - a fake, and 9/11 also a fake ... and now you cry for Ohh Bama, but he too will not be the one to lead the country.

Instead of all that, try with the Rockefellers, the DuPonts, the Kissinger, Rothshilds, Windsors - they decide about US-politics.

Russians are in a bad situation? You really think so? Putin is the best President one ever can imagine - he did something FOR his country and his citizens - not as in the US where Presidents acted AGAINST. Just have a look on that what you EAT (GMO-food) and probably already GMO chicken-meat. You're going to be exterminated.

Do the U.S. have concentration camps? Try to know about! Don't give up, when you have found one or two - or one hundred or two hundred. I KNOW the figure!

Why do you Americans allow to the deciding people above your Presidents to act against you? They are only some - but you are many!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
...and the rockets red glare...the..

Man, so much bitterness my friends.

Is there seriously a goal or purpose for this thread?

Are you America bashers asking for some poster or posters to get off their computer and go change the world? Should some of us throw our hands up and say "yeah, we suck, where is the nearest bridge?"

What do you want? What have "you" done to improve your Country or government?

This debate seriously is as retarded as debating about whose futbul/football team is better (depending on which side of the pond you are on)

Now, I know this is just to pass some time for some of you, but some lower functioning viewer or poster is going to get all Anti-something and infect others with their ignorant hate and they use what they got off of this thread as being the gospel truth of the matter. (hmmm, kind of like the media)

Why doesn't someone start a thread about why American's and Europe like each other? I know too boring.

I can, tell you something you can do to improve our Countries, that is to stop the hating here. This thread is just a small example of why we "ALL" are in the mess we are in.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join