Europeans View America as a 'Force For Evil' Under Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Europeans View America as a 'Force For Evil' Under Bush

thinkprogress.org

Asking Europeans if “the United States is overall a force for good or force for evil in today’s world,” a recent Daily Telegraph poll found:

Anti-American sentiment still runs high [in Europe]. More people in France, Germany and Britain view the United States as a “force for evil” than good in the world, according to a poll last month for The Daily Telegraph newspaper of London.

Moreover, its unclear whether Bush’s European friends are even interested in hearing what he has to say, as many seem to believe his second term as president cannot end soon enough:

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wonderful...So now, because of a handfull of megalomaniacal tyrants running roughshod over our nation and doing whatever they damn well please despite our objections, we're GROUPED IN with them as a "force of evil"? Do any of these folks have any idea the percentage of opposition the masses here have against this admin's out of control war-mongering and profiteering? Very few people support these policies. But unfortunately, they don't give a crap. They totally ignore the populace as insignifigant peons and do as they please...

And now we're ALL being demonized because of it.

Just terrific. Thanks Decider and Insaney.

– William Keylor, professor of international relations at Boston University says “Europe is waiting for Bush’s successor because the president remains unpopular with much of the public.”

– “To say Europeans will welcome U.S. President George Bush on his farewell visit to Europe next week would invite a charge of verb-abuse. Welcome is hardly the word. But they will be glad to see the back of him.”

– “Many [European leaders] are looking forward now to the next president,” said Julianne Smith, Europe analyst at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Do you know how many people see "Iran" and its victimized population as a bunch of evil terrorists?

Another stupid poll. People over in Europe also have t.v. and they know how popular Bush is with us.

What is the point of this thread?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think alot of the hate, and it is hate, comes from the fact that he was voted in for a second term. That's why Americans are overall disliked in England at least, I can't speak for the rest of Europe.

As a very proud nation, being dragged into a war on the whims of America is quite humiliating.

But from personal experience, America is already being shown as a tyrant in schools and colleges. In my Critical Thinking classes at college America is the cause of many jokes and rolled eyes, as is the same in almost all my classes.

People are going to come out and contest this, that's fine, this is what I'm seeing day to day.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I doubt you speak for England
or even a relevant portion of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well they can stop viewing soon..hes gone in jan.2009

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
I doubt you speak for England
or even a relevant portion of them.

I never said I did.

I speak for what I've seen and heard. The majority of people I've met are anti-America or at the very least anti-Bush.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Wonderful...So now, because of a handfull of megalomaniacal tyrants running roughshod over our nation and doing whatever they damn well please despite our objections, we're GROUPED IN with them as a "force of evil"?

Kinda sucks being painted with a broad brush, doesn't it? Sort of like how some people here paint the US Military.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Res why does it seem that you are fond of Fascist America?

Face it what america is today is very shameful, I agree with Europes opinion, we are (thanks to bush and those dand conservatives) a very shameful country.

I hate what america is right now, the patriot act? Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves! There is nothing patriotic about anything America has become.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Germany was labeled evil under Hitlers reign. The nation is labeled by the actions and consequences. If the majority of the people really wanted Bush out then Bush would have been out. Since no one has yet to stand up and say what they feel, then the European world will see America in full as evil and not just the leader.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Its really sad thought that the whole world does see us through the eyes of george bush...since they think we all elected him.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
DD,

I followed the links to the orginal citation of the poll and this was the title

"Majority of Russians consider United States a force for evil"

Just 16 per cent of those surveyed thought the United States a force for good in the world, compared with 56 percent who considered it a force for evil.

Majority of RUSSIANS...,

Why would the 'daughter' article be so misleading? I was shocked!

Max

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
At least the U.S. Gov has the decency and respect to lie to it's citizens.

European ~ You're-A-Peon

EU just comes right out and calls you a peon.

That's just sad.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by General Izer]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Who cares what russia thinks.They are stuck in there own sad world with Putin.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm afraid this poll is correct. Most people I know despise the USA. Some of the more knowledgeable people only despise the Administration, others despise the whole country for the actions of your Government.

The only special relationship between Britain and the USA is strictly between the Governments and the corporates. The majority of British people are fed up with Britain being Americas puppet.

Bush really has made your country hated. Some of you probably don't care, some of you do, but I'm just saying how it is.

England is also despised to a lesser extent by the rest of Europe, so I know how it feels.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
so where does the world view that bush went so wrong?The war in Iraq?Im glad Sadam is gone.Lets see any other country get bombed by terrorist and lose 5000 lives etc and i wonder how they would react?Curl up in a fetal position and just hope it goes away.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A lot of this comes from the fact he lied and lied about WMD's in Iraq, when it was discovered he lied he acted like he didn't care, same with cheney, cheney is the worst of the lot, Bush is responsible for so much, and a lot of it does not get reported in the USA because of your MSM brown nosing his Admin.

If you remember there where a lot of countries who backed the war on terror, still do, but it began to over run into their countries, and even now he wants more with Iran, when it was found he had lied some countries like Japan, Italy and several more decided enough was enough and pulled out their troops, Britain stayed, this brought out protests everywhere, because people knew it was unjust, Afghanistan is not a problem after all that is where the terror was supposed to have been spawned, but now as more and more truth becomes available, it is sounding more like Osama was not behind it at all, so who was?

If it ever came out that bush knew and gave permission to attack the WTC there will be no hiding place for the man or cheney, the world has had enough, and even worse is we see people in Burma and Zimbabwe suffering so badly and he does nothing, bush has gone to far, and because the American people seem to afraid of the US government it looks like they agree with his policies, its even becoming apparent his admin is responsible for the world food shortage because of his stance on alternative bio fuels, the man gave permission to turn a main food source into fuel, how does that help food prices and availability?

The quicker the guy is out of office the better for the world and for the American people, America decided it was going to try and be a world police force and its backfired big time, now the world is saying enough this man is trouble he doesn't care about the American people, just his oil buddies, i dont understand like most of the people in Europe how Americans can sit back and allow what he has done.

And before anyone comes and tells me its none of the worlds business, let me tell you, the worlds woes where none of America's business, didnt stop the bush admin sticking its nose in where it wasn't wanted.

What America needs is a humanitarian president, someone who cares for America first, then the suffering of the rest of the world, but under the UN, thats what the UN is for.

Just how long do you think Americans can take this? I love America lived there for 5 years, paid taxes, didnt take a job from an American, i help teach Americans to do the job i did, but i also saw the way America treats its own people, its a sad thing when a little office jerk can over rule a doctor on the treatment Americans can have, health care should be free to all, with no exceptions, get rid of your insurance companies telling you how to live your life, or dont get treated, Medication should be free, or a small token payment made, get your homeless off the streets and into places they can be helped to build a life, stop the fear spreading by different government agencies, and teach your Government that they work for the people, not the other way around and for gods sake investigate all the suspicious suicides that happen when people try and stand up for themselves and try to tell the American people that there is dodgy dealings going on using your tax dollars.

You have to be willing to fight for your rights rather than allowing yourselves to be manipulated into losing your freedom, by being told its for your own good, Britain has its problems sure it does, but i know i can go to sleep tonight knowing if a member of my family gets ill they will get some of the best medical care in the world, free with no catches, and if we cant afford to get to the hospital, the hospital will refund the money we paid to get there, without any complaining, and i know we can have the medications we need without some ass in an insurance office telling me we cant have it because we have got the wrong type of insurance thats just crap.

Finally i wouldnt say Europe hates Americans, i would deff say we hate George bush for his lies and absent Humanity.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh well you cant make everyone happy.Whats done is done and it is what it is.Next president hopefully wont make horrible choices and he will learn from this big past mistake.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
so where does the world view that bush went so wrong?The war in Iraq?Im glad Sadam is gone.Lets see any other country get bombed by terrorist and lose 5000 lives etc and i wonder how they would react?Curl up in a fetal position and just hope it goes away.

Britain was bombed for decades by the IRA, thousands of innocent people blown to bits because of terrorists, did America try and help? sure it did, by having little fund raising parties to raise money for weapons to serve their course.

We didnt curl up in a fetal position we got on with life, a little jumpy maybe but life carried on, America had never been attacked on this scale before, it was complacent, and had a very rude wake up call, nothing is more evil than a coward who kills the innocent, esp under false pretense, like twisting the words of a holy man, we where there with you and still are all the way, so remember you wern't the first and wont be the last.

There are dozens of countries in Europe that have had terrorist attacks, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, just to name a few.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yeah i understand where your coming from.The world has there own wounds.Just shocking is right when two buildings go down just cause of pure hate.Hate is the root of all evil.Wished there never was.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join