It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(LSWC) The Broke-Bottle Summation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think you are a famous writer who is having some insane fun and whizzing this little contest.
Really, you are beyond beyond.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I think you are a famous writer who is having some insane fun and whizzing this little contest.
Really, you are beyond beyond.

There is a famous writer in my family (my grandfather), but I can assure you, Ma'am, that I am not a famous writer. Thank you for such a huge compliment, though. I am indeed honoured, and very grateful.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
One thing that may help you which greatly helped me, was to study Philip K. Dick's dialogues. They really flow (when he was on form). When I'm writing I'll have a few of his titles open on the desk to use as a reference guide if I get stuck -- and I will get stuck. I never copy another work, but when faced with any dialogue problem I'll always see how Dick handled it and go from there.

Now here is one piece of advice I heartily recommend and would do well to take myself! While I've always considered PKD a primary influence (next to William S Burroughs and Robert Anton Wilson) I can't say I've ever kept a copy of his books on hand as reference while writing. But I can see how a close study of and subsequent reference to said works may be very beneficial.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Secret agent Icke
Or should I say Mr. President?
Hmmm?
Cloaked as a shaman
Accusing me of right wing extremeism
The Bush has burned!
The nation has changed
You'll never get away with it!
Oh yes I can
I swear to God!
I'll see you in hell!

To rephrase, good story. It all makes a cohent whole. No glaring discrepancies.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by EnlightenUp]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join