It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Sect Leader: Doomsday Begins Next Thursday, June 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Texas Sect Leader: Doomsday Begins Next Thursday, June 12

abcnews.go.com

Nuclear war will begin next Thursday, June 12, or sooner, according to the latest prediction of self-proclaimed prophet Yisrayl "Buffalo Bill" Hawkins, the founder of a religious sect in Abilene, Texas.

"It could be turned loose before then," Hawkins told 20/20 for a report to be broadcast tonight. "You're going to see this very soon, really soon," he said.

Unfortunately for Hawkins, it is not the first time he predicted the outbreak of nuclear war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
tinyurl.com

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Forget 2012. You've got less than a week to prepare for the end of time.

Well, maybe, but I'm not buying it and speaking of buying it, that's just what the good prophet is hoping you will do.

It seems that all his predictions of doom involve his followers parting with large sums of money and as is so often the case with prophets, this one likes his women two or more at a time.

This time the Kenyans say they are not going to get taken. The last time Hawkins predicted doom, many of them moved into caves and were sorely humiliated when the end did not come.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2008/6/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok....so, you only get one "doomsday" prediction. If it doesn't come true, you "predicting" skills are not valid.

After his Sept. 12, 2006 nuclear war didn't happen......wait - why is this news??

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Former members say there is a method to Hawkins' madness, that the doomsday predictions help him make money and keep disillusioned members from leaving, for fear they will be killed when the end comes.

"He's been saying just give me two more years, we're right at the end," said former member Miriam Martin who left in 2004.

"Why would you give up now? That's how he controls people, is through fear," Martin said.

Other former members say they are required to buy doomsday food and supplies from a company that Hawkins owns personally, Life Nutrition Products.

Sounds like another "leader" from Texas...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's sad that this guy is walking the streets and freaking people out. He should be behind bars and exposed for the fraud that he is!

Jemison

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Nooooo! I have a doctors appointment at 5:30 that day! Please, please please let nuclear war start on Friday.

/sarcasm off

So this guy just keeps spouting the same old fear-mongering statements and expects to one day hit pay dirt? I guess I should at least buy a pair of sunglasses for the large nuclear flash that is going to occur :
:

(this is deadline527, just too lazy to log in at work right now while I eat, lol)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

David Koresh?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think it would be really funny if he is right this time. Of course that is as likely to happen as it was for George Bush to be legally elected to any position of authority.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Can't it wait? I just booked off the week 16th - 20th.

Be just my luck for nuclear armageddon to erupt and scupper my vacation plans

Damn those crazy cultists and their less than rosy outlook.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This guy is probably very smart. And with the market going where it is recently, he has simply caused a spike in demand for his company.

Other former members say they are required to buy doomsday food and supplies from a company that Hawkins owns personally, Life Nutrition Products.

"Everything that he preaches has to do with people buying something," said former House of Yahweh elder David Als of New York City.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

If nuclear war doesn't begin next Thursday, June 12, as he has predicted, self-proclaimed Texas prophet Yisrayl "Buffalo Bill" Hawkins will be left to face a widening investigation of his activities, including several felony counts of bigamy.

Sect Leader Yisrayl Hawkins faces bigamy charges in Texas.
(Associated Press)"When you're violating the law, then you can't hide behind that religious shield and you're gonna be held accountable," said Shane Deel, the district attorney in Callahan County, Texas, who has filed the criminal counts against Hawkins.

Hawkins, 73, the founder of the House of Yahweh religion, located on a 44-acre tract outside Abilene, has been charged with helping others become bigamists, and bigamy himself.

abcnews.go.com...

We really have quite a few polygamy cases going on right now concerning prophets. There's this guy, the FLDS communities, and the one arrested here in New Mexico recently.

Bent, 66, is the leader of The Lord Our Righteousness Church, whose members moved in 2000 to a remote former ranch near the Colorado line that they call Strong City. He has acknowledged having sex with followers and lying naked with virgins, but denies any children or adults were molested. He has said the virgins asked for sex and he refused.

Bent is charged with three counts of criminal sexual contact of a minor and three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. District Attorney Donald Gallegos said Bent could face more than 49 years in prison if he were to be convicted of all the charges and sentenced to the maximum.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is at least the third time he has predicted ww III and it didn't happen, so what kind of idiots keep following him? I guess it's true, if you want to be rich just start a religion.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
It's sad that this guy is walking the streets and freaking people out. He should be behind bars and exposed for the fraud that he is!

Jemison

actually he was arrested sometime last year i believe on bigamy charges and molestation of a minor

not to sure on the minor part, but i know it was bigamy he was arrested for

[edit on 16-6-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

Originally posted by Jemison

Jemison

actually he was arrested sometime last year i believe on bigotry charges and molestation of a minor

not to sure on the minor part, but i know it was bigotry he was arrested for

Arrested for Bigotry? I didn't realize that was a crime. Seems we'd have a lot of ATS'rs arrested if that were the case.

Perhaps you mean "Bigamy"

:-)

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I dont belive a word of it! Just personal opinion.

Although I do remember another doomsday prediction for July 12th 2008, anyone else? I will see if I can find it later.

Stay safe and regards S_G

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

actually he was arrested sometime last year i believe on bigotry charges and molestation of a minor

You mean bigamy right?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I guess it's safe to say that Hawkins prediction is pretty much null and void. Perhaps we'll make it to 2012 after all!

new topics

top topics

join