It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Site - Design Advice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.all-things-paranormal.com...

As you have used a portal template there is not many changes I see that are needed. I would stick google ads right up the very top and google search right down the bottom. Anything that takes the reader off your site, like to google or outward links should be put at bottom or if possible not on the main page at all. You want readers to click internal not external and stay on your site.

The nav box on left could be widened slightly it looks a tiny tad too skinny. And use a lighter colour on the linkages there to attract the users eye. Just a tad lighter and brighter will do it.

Amazon search to go at bottom of page or maybe it will fit good at bottom of left nav table.

background looks great..
You have an sql error in right hand side table area For the yahoo rss feed. If you are going to put the yahoo rss there, I wouldn't I would use that box to attract people into the site with maybe internal article paragraph snippets and linkages. Or an aboutt he site blurb

In the middle text area box where you have news linkages, I would un bold the white text under the blue headings and just use normal text in the same white.

=================================================

www.all-things-paranormal.com...

The only thing I would change about the forums is the blue left nav box and the google ads. I would once again only use internal linkages down the laft hand sde and sve the advertising for the right hand side. You want people to stay on site, even though the google ads may bring income.

=======================================================

www.usadisasters.com...

google search and google ads to go down bottom of page.
eagle to be a bit bigger, he looks kinda lonely there. great use of colour otherwise nice layout.

======================================================

www.sillymonkeez.com...

I would put the silly monkeees banner above not below the blue table with the sizing and about and so on links

I personally do not like text buttons, so I would have created a neat set of tables down the left hand side to do text links. Even using a _javascript or css mouse rollover to highlight the linkages. I know the html can be scary at first but it is easy to pick up the basic to start a web page or to edit an existing one. if you have any questions about using html code in the yahoo site just post them, Someone will gladly help. The links below are great to learn the basics of how html works and looks.

www.htmlgoodies.com...
www.w3schools.com...

All trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos ("marks") displayed on this site are registered and
unregistered trademarks of Sillymonkeez.Com. Under no circumstance may any mark be used for any
purpose without the prior written permission of the owners of this site.

I would center the above text instead of having it positioned left in the cell.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Mayet]

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thank you very much I will work on it. The part that most do not realize is that it is all built using notepad. The template for the main site was completely rewritten. I left the link to the designer of the template for phpbb, because I used their graphics. However I wrote it all using notepad. I changed much of the design and layout of phpbb for the forum as well. USAdisasters is new and I have yet to tweak it yet. Thanks for the ideas, I will see how difficult it will be for me to rewrite the code and make the improvements work.

P.S. I had never seen or worked with .php files until about 2 months ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I like to do most of my work in notepad, it is only when I am using high graphics or something I know dreamweaver does easily that I will use that. The changes I described are not that difficult if you have done the editing already in notepad.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I would share some of my work, but I'm too afraid someone would steal or copy my ideas... Like so many others have done in the past... Sorry but don't trust anyone enough to share things of this nature... And anyone who is any good beware, don't share too much for free or you might get duped or used...

peace!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join