It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Site - Design Advice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I cant get your art section to open, so there isnt much for me to comment on.

I do not like how everything opens into a new window, it makes for a lot of windows to close.

I like the color choices of what i saw though, simple but not bland.

---Pineapple

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well as I said, Most of the stuff is still in the makin. Soon also the Art section will be up.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Another lamb to the slaughter......

Here's a few of mine.....

www.thecurlies.co.uk...

www.runalis.com..../

www.runalis.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ok I will bite as well. No need to worrie about popup i by passed them.
Highlander Creations

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Irma - I like them all. The first is great and I like the sideways movement in the third (but the nav buttons are not active it seems). The only thing i would say is to make the tables in the second 2 links have a 0 (zero) border. That will just take them out completely.

Originally posted by Charmed483
Ok I will bite as well. No need to worrie about popup i by passed them.
Highlander Creations

Charmed - this page didn't open right and just showed the code. Looks like you have the "body" tag above the "html" and "head" tags. Just move it down and you should be good.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hey everyone!

I am currently working on a project for a friend's company and need advice on how I can improve the site.

The current site is: www.discoverypc.co.uk...

The site I have put together is: www.discoverypc.co.uk...

I'm happy with the design I am using but it seems a bit bland, any ideas of how I can make it a bit more 'pro' looking?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Zed i dont have a website but i need advice on how to start 1 and i dont want to pay for hosting it( preferably free hosting site)

can you point me in the right direction?

Merci.

or could yould email me [email protected]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
one of many . . .

www.totallyconfusedband.com

not much new or recent action, as the members don't put much effort into keeping it fresh (i.e. new pics, etc.)

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
The current site is: www.discoverypc.co.uk...

The site I have put together is: www.discoverypc.co.uk...

That's a huge improvement over what it previously was. The older version has too many toobars running through the middle of the page.

As far as having it feel like something missing, I think you need a bit of a human touch on the site. Something like a concerned opererator smiling, standing by to take your order. I think it's a physcological thing and I noticed that it's a popular thing to do with many of the larger companies. Just think of the last time you saw a Target or Walmart flyer. It's mostly just product placement, but they sprinkle in images of people to help you relate to the products.

I'm not saying to copy BestBuy, but I'm sure they've spent a bundle on research. Solid color background, large product image, some text, and just a sprinkle of people in the image. Of course these people must look like they are having a blast.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Shoktek
Ok, here are a few of my sites:

www.shoktek.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
one of many . . .

www.totallyconfusedband.com

not much new or recent action, as the members don't put much effort into keeping it fresh (i.e. new pics, etc.)

Ok the main graphic needs to be centered.

if you are going to keep the links bar, place it at the top perhaps

at the bottom dispense with the following bit to a privacy agreement linked when one clicks on a simple
©copyright totally confused band 2005.

All of the text content, photographs, graphic images, and media files contained within this site are the sole property of the Totally Confused band.
Under no circumstances should any part of this site be copied, sold, or redistributed without the expressed written consent of Totally Confused

Now this page.

www.totallyconfusedband.com...

centre graphic
take out one copy of the nav bar, probably the top one. swap it maybe with the band members links and keep the blub at the bottom with a 10pt verdana font max size. 8 is better for viewer on lower res but 10 on higher res
once again getting rid of the yellow at the bottom, yellow is an un pro colour even on black except for the rarest occasions.

stick something under Bob Hill bit, it looks blank there, even if its a link to someones undies it will look more aesthetic with the balanced 8 links instead of sqew whiff 7

center that graphic on all pages.
The only change i would make here is to clear the cell backgrounds of the grey and use a 1 point border around the cells instead. The grey doesn't do it for me.

take out the top nav bar..don't need two its a non scroll page.
and the yellow writing again
you really just need the copyright and a hyperlink in text to a privacy statement.

stick the album cover pic up in top right next to standard site graphic.
remove or shrink majorly the player option graphics of real and wm (this is not important part of page, only needs to be small but able to be seen.
then I would maybe border the songs table It seems to go out too much at the sides and is not level with your nav bar, it doesn't leave the page neat, sticking out the sides without a border bit
once again remove one copy of the nav bar

remove one nav bar, the top one

table seems to go out too far again and the two greys make it hard to see where you type in the boxes.

Other than that its not bad a site, nice graphics and nice layouts.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Appreciate the feedback Mayet.

Their hosting fees are due, so maybe we'll talk a bit concerning freshening it up.

This was one of those cases where you're given a paragraph, a few songs, and some rather limited input . . . but we want this and we want that, etc.

They like it, but being as they're strewn across three states it's hard to get together for real discussion and, again, input

They have the ability to upload pics for the gallery, yet don't use it. The same for adding/editing/deleting members , members info, etc. Same thing...don't use it

The missing man [per se] on the bio page is due to member who got the proverbial boot! :O)

I try to give a client as much control over their site as possible, but that doesn't mean they will use it.

[edit on 9/13/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
here's mine

Project Mayflower

my former personal homepage,

but i made it now as freelance web design stuff thingy..

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I llike it, well designed. Only change is to put the text area on a white background instead of transparent and showing the top secret file thru. Its too hard to read at moment and looks a tad messy with the overlaps.

Other than that great job ..I wouldn't worry about changing anything else.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ahh.. thanks for the insight Mayet

hmm.. you just give me an idea bout some revisions with it.. hehe

ill post it after

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
from this

to this

err.. watchutink?

[edit on 7-11-2005 by santigwar]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Can I post a link to my little T-Shirt peddling business? I REALLY need help with that. Make great shirts...TERRIBLE web pages

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Post it Skippy.. I'd like to see it for one.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
OK here are my two newest web sites... feel free to let me know what you think.

P.S. Please remember these sites are new sites. One was started at the end of September and the other is newer. I haven't got a chance to do a lot of work to it yet.

All Things Paranormal

All Things Paranormal Forum

And the newest:

USAdisasters

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Okies, be kind. My wife did this site, very first one.

Sillymonkeez

Problem we have is, we are restricted to Yahoo's site builder. You can import your own html, but thats out of our league. I guess as long as we dont have the $$ to dump into it, this is as good as we can expect. Unfortunatly the impression (or lack thereof) makes a big impact on our sales

To this day our Ebay sales beat our site sales 5 to 1. I truly feel a world class site would change that.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by skippytjc]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join