It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Stealth Bomber Crashes at Guam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is crazy watching the incident happen. The video shows the first B-2 bomber lift off. Then, at 1:50, you see the second B-2 bomber which is the one that crashes. Intense. Poof! There goes a $1 billion.

I remember within a month seperate from this incident an A-7 Intruder and a B-1 Lancer also crashed at Guam. It made me ask, "What is going on there?!"

Enjoy the video.

blog.wired.com...

In February, a B-2 stealth bomber crashed in Guam. Now we know why. And we've got video of the scene.

On takeoff from Andersen Air Force Base, the $1.4 billion plane abruptly "pitched up, rolled and yawed to the left before plunging to the ground," the AP describes. The reason why: "Water distorted preflight readings in three of the plane's 24 sensors, making the aircraft's control computer force the B-2 to pitch up on takeoff, resulting in a stall and subsequent crash." Luckily, "both pilots ejected safely just after the left wing made contact with the ground in the first crash since the maiden B-2 flights nearly 20 years ago." Check out the video, and you'll see just how fortunate the pilots were to make it out.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
wow amazing footage thanks for posting this

the pilot was probably saying " oh [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip]"

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh my ......

Looks like he tried a bit too much rotation and the B-2 just said 'nope, not today jet jocky'.

An amazing video, thank you very much for the link !

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
That's great footage

I'm glad the pilots made it out alive. It was clearly a last second decision to eject.

Thank you for sharing this

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Please PLEASE please search before posting!

This is the 2nd thread in less 24 hours that is duplicating information that is already in the correct thread regarding different subject matters with all related information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread

B-2 crash near Guam? (Update: Post Crash Pics & Video)

--------- *Thread closed*-------------

top topics

join