It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the past 8yrs are anything to go off..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ive just arrived back from a week in singapore, and must say its been a different morning waking up and not checking the latest ATS headlines.

One thing thats been lingering on my mind all week, and Ive wanted some opinions on, is Obama V Mccain.

I pray the last 8yrs have been my mistake, and bush REALLY did win.
Because frankly, I cant see Obama being the one who is GIVEN, the presidency.

For the first time, i had CNN on the TV.
Its not common here in Aus, unless u have cable, which my hotel did.

So I got to watch alot of the Obama V Mccain first volleys, and one thing stood out quite glaringly.

Mccain is a horrible public speaker, with a very lacking confidence look.
He's old, and usually that isnt an issue, but when you face the prospect of 8years, it becomes a problem. so, youve got to understand, when your voting for Mccain, there's a very high probability you'll be voting SOME of his term for his VP.

Dimentia is a factor that needs to be thought about.

Secondly,

Lets be honest, Mccain is nothing but Bush 2.0

Now, many here believe that the 2000 election was stolen for Bush,
..I would have to be one of those people.

If the election was stolen, to give a pro-war/pro-oil-corporate entity/pro-neocon/pro-agender figure the presidency,

there's no problem with them doing it again, if the person now running is either

A. All of the above
B. Sympathetic to their plans
or
C. Willing to do anything, so he's the chosen one when the elections are rigged.

Which leads me to the biggest point im trying to make...

Has Obama been allowed victory, simply because people wont ask to many questions about legitimacy when a 'black-man' loses?

Compared to when a pro-environment/Clinton friend loses?

It seems to me, this is the 2000 election playing out.

Someone who isnt fit for leadership, but is pro-hawkish beats someone who was clearly the peoples choice...

When people ask questions they can simply remark

'' obviously, him being black played on the blue collar white man, but SHHHHHH... race is the taboo topic ''

Im worried because Obama seems like a genuine leader, and the American people deserve someone who's individual and different.
And he is it.. you only need to watch him speak to see this isnt just $$$ and friends to him, this is his driving force.

Lets hope your votes DO COUNT, because Mccain doesnt stand a chance, he's everything the American people hate at the moment.
And if he wins?... its obvious where the country is REALLY headed.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
At this point I have no hope. Neither one of these guys give me any confidence that they can fix my main concern, the worthless dollar and our sinking economy.

I don't care about age, color, race or creed. I want to have a little bit of confidence that our country won't continue on the terrible path that it has been put on.

I have a very bad feeling about how bad the next 4 years are going to be. Business as usual is ok sometimes, but we need a REAL change of course to undo the damage that has been done. Sadly, I don't think that Obama or McCain are really up to the challenge. To be honest, I don't think that the people who have paid to get them in office want them to fix the problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
True the economy is the biggest concern at the moment,

But, I think there's an incredible link between the economy and Iraq.

The sheer volume of money going directly into corporate banks is mind boggling,

And OIL, the 2nd biggest factor.

Instead of blowing trillions on war, lets blow trillions on investing 'WITH' other nations on their oil fields, or in finding renewable resources.

This is an OIL WAR, that failed, and its dragging everything down with it.

America needs to cut its losses and focus on the next 4 years.

It wont be a quick fix, and it will be painful,

but surely anyone can see that Mccain is the WRONG choice.

Obama, is a breathe of fresh air, with policies that deserve to be given a shot.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Neither candidate will be able to get out of Iraq. McCain doesn't seem to want to and Obama says that he does. The problem is that the Bush administration is going to tie their hands so that a withdrawal will be impossible. So the solution to fixing the economy will have to be one that will work even with a HUGE money sink going on in Iraq.

I haven't heard of any possible solution that will work in that scenario. At this point, I think that Obama will be more a "fresh face" than he will be a "breath of fresh air". His hands will be tied on the big issues so ultimately his policies will already be decided.

top topics

join