It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Have No Duty To Protect Individuals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread to illustrate a point in that thread but I felt that maybe this should be read by all here! The reason I put this in a conspiracy topic is because I believe that County, Municipal, State, and Federarl governments are all doing they're best to convince The People of the US that 'The Police" are here to " Protect and Serve" the populace. Nothing is further from the truth. Those that feel the firearms should be outlawed and confiscated might want to read this tretice on exactly what Supreme Courts around our nation actualy have adjudicated on this subject. The police and they're entities only truely have a mandate to 'Protect and Serve" the laws and property of the GOVERNMENTS they work for. NOT the citizens.

You, yourself are the ones with the soul responsibility to protect your families and your property! You are not safer by allowing yourselves to be disarmed!!

Zindo

www.firearmsandliberty.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Obviously you don't know any police officers! Most of us are ALL for the rights of people bearing arms. I know I am! You along with SOOOOOOO many others confuse "police" with "the system" (i.e. judges, courts, politicians, etc...)

Sure we as law enforcement have to enforce the law and what is given to us by those mentioned above, but understand that on MOST levels..police/deputies DO NOT go on their own and try to enforce firearms laws. Usually, in my experiance the only people the "feds" go after are those who, shall we say, make light of their intentions or are just plain scumbags. Where I live and work almost EVERY citizen in this city and county have MULTIPLE guns and shoot...and we don't bother them, and niether do the feds...so what does that tell you? It tells me that people who post things like this don't have a clear understanding of how we enforce firearms laws, and definitly don't keep track of the types who DO get visits about their "guns" and activity.

I protect and Serve everytime I dawn my uniform, and unfortunatly people do stupid stuff that requires me to arrest, detain, and lock them up...is that my fault? NOPE! And as for your ASSUMPTION...your right...we are not bound by law to protect people..meaning we don't need to take a bullet for a stranger...but it's funny..when some scumbag starts shooting and innocent people are in harms way and running from the scene...who is running to it? yeah...the good old police officer or deputy sheriff!

And FYI...YOU should be the first line of defense for protecting YOUR family....if not...there is something REALLY wrong!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think you misjudged me my friend. This is not a post daming police officers. I was a Deputy Sheriff. I know how and why most LEO's become sworn officers. The post was to let people know that they indeed do have to relearn the prospect of self preservation and NOT have to rely on LEO's for they're protection. That they should NOT listen to the banter from politicians about letting the police handle any and every problem that arrises in a society that treats scumbags better than victims. I realy thought I had made that clear in my post, If i didn't thn let thisbe a clarification of my intent.
Zindo

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well your second post was definitly clear..
..and by your second post I am in 100% agreement. AS a full time LEO I always tell people to protect their own family. Its THEIR DUTY to make sure noone harms them. So we are then on the same boat in that aspect.

I apologize if I came off as attacking YOU...my intention was to make sure you weren't putting us in the same bracket as the judges and political figures most of us can't stand!!!!
And I know...someone will ask, then why do you work for them....the same reason others work for idiot bosses...I love my job, the things I do and see, and get paid for it...lol

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Good post ZINDO and you are 100% correct. I think the general public’s expectation of most public services is far from reality - Law enforcement included. (Look at the Feds initial response to Hurricane Katrina). Another question to ask here in relation to your post is how do the majority of cops interpret the oath they have sworn to? For me personally “To protect life, liberty, and property” the LIFE part weighs far more than the others. Liberty too must be protected but property can always be replaced. Opinions vary but I’m confident that the majority of my fellow brothers in blue feel the same way.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
I love my job, the things I do and see, and get paid for it...lol

Salute. Front row seat to the greatest show on earth. Sometimes the popcorn gets stale but I can't imagine doing anything else. Best part of the show - the clowns.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by En4cer

Salute. Front row seat to the greatest show on earth. Sometimes the popcorn gets stale but I can't imagine doing anything else. Best part of the show - the clowns.

Well you definitly have that right....we are definitly front row. This week alone I had a suicide (26 year old put a gun in his mouth), a sucide attempt (61 year old took pills and whiskey), a car get shot at and hit in a road rage case, 2 BAD car wrecks, 2 foot chases to catch a burglar and wanted person, and a drunk who ran over 3 mailboxes..lol...best part is my week was only Wen & Thur...since we work 12 hour shifts....

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by En4cer
Best part of the show - the clowns.

Is this how you refer to the civilians? If not what do you call them?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Negative. It refers to the small percentage of people you deal with (whether good or bad) that actually make you laugh in one way or another. They usually provide a refreshing pause from all the seriousness and monotony.

top topics

join