It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Dies Of Dry Drowning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Boy Dies Of Dry Drowning

www.medicalnewstoday.com

Johnny Jackson, a 10-year-old American boy from South Carolina, died at home on Sunday from "dry drowning" more than an hour after going swimming and walking home with his mother. The sad event highlights a little known danger that parents and child carers should be aware of, that drowning can kill hours after being submersed in water.

Johnny's mother, Cassandra Jackson, told NBC News in a story broadcast on the TODAY show on Thursday that:

"I've never known a child could walk around, talk, speak and their lungs be filled with water."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I haven't heard of such a thing either. Then again if it goes down wrong you can as they say drown in a cup of water.
www.medicalnewstoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What a tragic story. I have never heard of such a thing happening but its obviously possible. From the article the warning signs are so difficult to distinguish from normal that I dont think anyone would of been able to prevent the death of this little lad.
My thoughts are with his family.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I heard of this from a family friend who got knocked over by a wav and inhaled alot of salt water and had to be rescued. She didn't want to go to the hospital after but luckily did and almost dry drowned in the hospital. Very sad for the family.

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join