It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel attack on Iran "unavoidable": Olmert deputy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Israel attack on Iran "unavoidable": Olmert deputy

www.reuters.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - An Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear sites looks "unavoidable" given the apparent failure of sanctions to deny Tehran technology with bomb-making potential, one of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's deputies said on Friday.

"If Iran continues with its program for developing nuclear weapons, we will attack it. The sanctions are ineffective," Transport Minister Shaul Mofaz told the mass-circulation Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper.

"Attacking Iran, in order to stop its nuclear plans, will be unavoidable," said the former army chief who has also been defense minister.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So if this is so unavoidable, will they act before Bush is out of the whitehouse, or do they believe Obama is behind them? Doesn't it seem like we are headed for war with Iran no matter what? Iran seems to want it....

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
And now that Obama is backing down,
Just like a Senator; Facing criticism, Obama modifies Jerusalem stance
will they wait to see how the election turns out, or spring while their pal, Bush, is on board?

[edit on 6-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think the Israeli and US governments want it way more than Iran does!

All this chat is starting to get on my nerves. If Israel attacks Iran then it's the start of World War III and it's not the Iranians that are at fault. If I had the Israelies on my back door I'd want to try to match them on firepower as well. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Anything else is just double standards.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

i disagree with that . you can only tell the isreali's your going to wipe them out so many times before they launch a preemptive attack on you .
you must look at it from the isreale's point . your surrounded on one side by water and for as far as you can see on the other three sides , enemies who want you dead at any cost . one of your neighbors who want you dead keeps telling you out loud and in front of the rest of the neighborhood that they are going to wipe you off the face of the map , what do you do at that point ?
do you
A. shove your head in the sand and hope for the best ...
B. hope they dont shoot first while you trying to talk with them ...
C. take them serious and attack first so your family can live another day ...

well to me there is no question about it because at that point they have already clearly stated what their intentions are . war and killing people is no joke and if threatened with it you will either act or be acted upon.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Whatever the outcome is if Iran attacks Israel or Israel attacks Iran it needs to be left between them. Our soldiers should not have to die for Israel. They are plenty capable of defending themselves. We can give them weapons and intel but thats where it ends. This is a regional skirmish and we need to get into a habit of staying out of this crap.

On Jasons post I dont know if Iran wants this more than the US or Israel. Im sure Iran is getting fed up with the US meddling in its government and country for the past 50 + years maybe they are saying enough is enough. But until they attack the US they need to stay out of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

i second that . isreal needs to take care of it them selves without any of our people . and yes we need to stay out of irans governing policies also .

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Although I agree that the government of Iran may want this showdown, I can't imagine the average Iranian does. The fact is, it seems almost like a staged wrestling match. It's like they can't wait. I hope we only send cruise missiles.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So now that I have been thinking about it, isn't this referred to as the "Gog/Megog" war? I mean, are we really living in the end times regardless of who becomes president? Is ATS just making me super paranoid?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Lets get things straight, the iranian president never said anything about wiping israel off the map, he said he wants to wipe zionism off the map, the israelies twist it and turn so it looks as bad as it can look..

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Please, do show me how in all of his past rhetoric, every time has been a "mis-translation", and for good measure, show him talking about how homosexuals enjoy freedom in his country. I believe he said it in NY.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Already posted here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
I think the Israeli and US governments want it way more than Iran does!

You are completely off base here........akmadindong is a 12er. He will bring the 12 mahdi back by bringing about a nuclear holocost on Israel and america.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Whatever the outcome is if Iran attacks Israel or Israel attacks Iran it needs to be left between them.

Israel (juda) are the long lost brothers of the lost tribes. America, Britian, Australia, New Zeland are decended of the lost tribes. Iran knows this all too well and will attack all the hebrew tribes...............

Learn history and prophesy, it "may" save your life.........

join