It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you think you are?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
To the people who claim to know anything about Aliens and UFO's, and of their supposed origins and mission.

Who the hell are you?

Judging by 99% of the posts here, you're not a doctor of physics, a qualified mathematician or astronomer.

Just because you watched science fiction books/films dosn't give you the right to publish such utter trash as if it was real.

Some of the posts here are absolute rubbish, shame on the moderators for not banning people who confuse Star Trek with reality.

You give everyone interested in the field a bad name.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gumby51

Why don't you tell us what you know? I'm curious as to your personal experience on the subject. Or are you just fishing for the real experiencers?
?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
You go first ....

who the hell are you.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Who the Hell are you? There is nothing wrong with some-one giving his opinion on a subject or his believes!

If you think the Threads is rubbish and shamefull, get the hell away from the site!

I can see you are new here, I think the moderators should close this Thread!

You dont need to be a doctor of physics, a qualified mathematician or astronomer to give your opinion!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Oh my, another one that needs to be moved to the rant forum.
ATS is for those with the highest degree of smarts, and those that do not, so we can interact together.
Shame on you for judging others threads as if you know everything there is to know.
What you have is an opinion, based on your knowledge and life experience, and your perception of reality.
It doesn't make you any more correct than a die hard trekkie.

For the record..I do research UFO's..
and have for many years.
I don't have a master's degree in Ufology, but that doesn't make me any less qualified to contribute here.
Did you really just become a member to spout off what you don't like?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gumby51

Who am I?

A member who is trying to reach 1,000 posts today and thanks to you I only have 7 more to go!

Rush

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR
You dont need to be a doctor of physics, a qualified mathematician or astronomer to give your opinion!

You certainly don't, but if you opinion was to mean anything you might want to back it up with some scientific proof. Especially if it bears striking resemblance to a sci-fi plot, I've even read posts here claiming that the "Orion Syndicate" is real. I've watched Star Trek too.

I could make another username and spin all types of outlandish rubbish and people here would buy it. I've watched about every recent sci-fi film and series and have followed the UFO phenomenon for over 15 years.
Not only could I make some ridiculous story loosely based around fictional shows, people would jump in and back me up and defend me, because they want it to be true, not because it is.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gumby51
To the people who claim to know anything about Aliens and UFO's, and of their supposed origins and mission.

And you know something the rest of us don't? Why don't you enlighten all of us?

Who the hell are you?

I am me.

Judging by 99% of the posts here, you're not a doctor of physics, a qualified mathematician or astronomer.

What makes you qualified to judge anything?

Just because you watched science fiction books/films dosn't give you the right to publish such utter trash as if it was real.

Are you a book and film critic in addition to a people basher?

Some of the posts here are absolute rubbish, shame on the moderators for not banning people who confuse Star Trek with reality.

Nobody forces you to read what you consider rubbish. What qualifies you to be able to tell ATS moderators how to do their job?

Well, put your fingers to work and show us how you can give people interested in the field a good name. Why not start a thread that will amaze the rest of us with your vast knowledge on the subject.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gumby51

ORIGINALLY POSTED by GUMBY51,
I could make another username and spin all types of outlandish rubbish and people here would buy it. I've watched about every recent sci-fi film and series and have followed the UFO phenomenon for over 15 years.
Not only could I make some ridiculous story loosely based around fictional shows, people would jump in and back me up and defend me, because they want it to be true, not because it is.

OK so first off, you make yourself out to be better than all of us, Including the MODS who EARN their position based on the quality of their posts..
and now you are threatening to open a sock puppet account and engage in the very behavior you are so quick to bash.
How very intelligent of you.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Who the hell are you?

I suppose you give people interested in the field a good name then...

I don´t have a Masters degree in Ufology, but I can bet I´ve read more books on the subject than you. And precisely because I´ve read for 15 years about UFO´s (long before the Internet became a good source) I would not dare post such a ridiculous, pompous and arrogant post as yours.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You certainly don't, but if you opinion was to mean anything you might want to back it up with some scientific proof.

We don't need 'scientific proof' to have an opinion. It's just that....an opinion. In my opinion, mushrooms are gross, I don't have any proof of that, it's just my opinion.

With that said, if you are stating something as a FACT, then yes, you should have proof to back it up.

Do you have proof that only 1% of our members are doctors of physics, qualified mathematicians or astronomers? I don't value their opinion any more than I value an uneducated member's opinion. What I do value is the content that they bring, whether or not it has a degree attached to it.

Rush

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
lemme see, who do I think I am?

WOW the possibilities with that question are astounding. How esoteric!

Um Im Captain Wukky your friendly neighborhood ATS concierge, and so hi how are you?

Well I don't know a whole lot bout them UFOs interestin though.

Course my limited research into the matter seems to tell me the abundance of people that have direct contact with ETs are normal everyday people like you and I and don't hold multiple PHDs in things.

For some reason them alien varmits don't seem to like to abduct eggheads. (prolly cause ther borin as all get out) I mean if you were an alien would you choose a nuclear physisist or joe six pack. If I were an alien I would choose joe six pack cause his story wouldnt sound credible.

But hey im no alien im just a guy.

So give a listen, if you have any good or relivent info to share let it be known and we can all bask in your infinite knowlege of et's and other worldly thingies.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am Sub-Goddess Late, Master of All, Leader of the Children of the Corn, Ally of He Who Walks Among The Crop Circles, concubine to the worthy, executioner of the weak, pathetic, and moronic, kneel before me foolish serf, while I decide your fate.

So, who might you be peasant? And pray your answer is entertaining because I know it will be as foolish as those you came here to trash!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Great my post got moved to BTS... Guess I need to add more Reptilians and window Aliens next time.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gumby51

ahem...your post got moved to the rant section because that's where it belongs. And before you go firing off your anger into a crowded room, you might want to make sure your bullets aren't blanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Who the hell are you?

All you really need to be a casual astronomer is an interest in it.. and a telescope would be handy too.

I'd be willing to bet that many professional astronomers and other scientists grew up watching james t kirk trying to get into the pants of random aliens.

Didn't the idea for automatic doors come from that show? [I heard that somewhere..]. don't knock it.. things like star trek keep the public interested in things like NASA.

If it were not for them the field would not exist. Most professions start out as hobbies.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Didn't the idea for automatic doors come from that show? [I heard that somewhere..]. don't knock it.. things like star trek keep the public interested in things like NASA.

I don't knock it at all, I own every DS9 and Voyager episode myself, and tons more sci-fi series. The problem is finding the same stories on ATS, rehashed by lunatics that think it's all real.

You know there is such a thing as mental illness, unfortunately we can't seperate the schizophrenics from the rest of us online, they have free reign and this place is rife with them. It's bad for their health and the patience of readers like me.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I know who I am, and what I know. I also generally stay out of the UFO forum since most of it seems crazy, more so than most of the other stuff posted on here. The worst though is when posters decide to say "this is a hoax because" and just post videos of something that to anyone who knows anything about the subject is a completely different thing. Unfortunately to other people who know little about the subject it's quite convincing.

I don't knock it at all, I own every DS9 and Voyager episode myself, and tons more sci-fi series.

Well there are worse places to explain that I suppose. One of my university lecturers once asked my class whether any of us watched Star Trek. I do, but unlike him I'm not going to admit in front of 200 people who find such a concept laughable. He decided to describe a cube of matter and started off with "Imagine a borg cube...."

All very funny at the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Who am I?

I am a person who reads a lot of posts here. Both good and bad. I formulate opinions. I modify said opinions upon learning new things. No I do not have a PHD. However I consider myself to be intelligent nonetheless. I keep in mind that there are a lot of viewpoints and not all are going to agree with mine. Who am I? I am a member of this site and proud of it.

top topics

join