It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls for an EU army

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infidel 101
How you claim to be a proud Englishman while arguing for the destruction of Westminster and home rule is frankly shocking.

Please show me where I have argued for the destruction of Westminster (within this context) or home rule? being part of the EU doesn't have to mean either of those things, but leaving the EU would most certainly bring disaster. Only short-sighted fools who long for the "good old days" of Empire would think that exiting the EU could be a good thing.

Norway did not need to vote on the Lisbon Treaty because it didn’t apply. Norway pays to do trade on fair terms in Europe. That is the price they paid to keep their freedom. Britain is a very different prospect and very, very much more powerful and influential than Norway. Forget minerals, we are a different prospect.

I beg to differ. Norway is powerful and is influential. especially these days where they are the 3rd largest Oil and Gas exporter in the world. Also, Norway has options for further integration which it can act upon and everyone pays to be part of the EU, so not sure what your point is there. I think the question should be, can Britain afford to leave the EU.

Given current economic conditions and the huge burden Labour has placed upon the state for looking after every cretin who doesn't like working, I don't fancy our chances.

There is absolutely no reason why Britain cannot operate outside of the European Super State, unless that state acts aggressively to rein us in. Our wealth comes from globalism; we invented it.

Our wealth comes from our very unique position within the EU. Do not forget that after the War and up to the 1980's, the UK was in a very dire economic state. Only since integrating with the EU has our economy blossomed.

How far is the European Elite prepared to go to get their undemocratic state?

I agree that, as it stands, the EU is undemocratic. It needs reform and not necessarily in the form of the Lisbon Treaty. If the EU was more democratic, would you still feel the same way? Most normal people wouldn't, however, I get the feeling that even if it was the most democratic place on Earth you would still not like it as you don't want those "Johnny Foreigners"...

It's narrow minded nationalism that causes a lot of the worlds ills and you are demonstrating this superbly. Nationalism for the sake of Nationalism is damaging and you offer no realistic alternative to how the UK would survive outside the EU.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
On 1st January 2009

BRITISH CONSTITUTION ABOLISHED.

WESTMINSTER PARLIAMENT TO BE CLOSED

BRITISH SOLDIERS TO LOSE THEIR JOBS IF THEY DO NOT SWEAR ALLEGIENCE TO THE EU

www.ukcolumn.org...

www.eutruth.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by babylonstew

just think the first time there is a nice big EU army perade
All them germans in uniform marchign thru Paris
Im sure it will be a sight to raise every frenchmans spirits and make him proud

Hey, you know what ? It already happened two years ago. On Bastille day soldiers of the 27 EU countries marched along with the French army on the Champs Elysees in Paris and German Helicopters were incorporated in a french unit and flew in the parisian sky. A French-German unit has been created some years ago as well, an they often march with our troops during the 14th of July Parade. I am french and I think it is a great thing that has been achieved by our countries after so many years of deadly wars.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Demos]

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Demos]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This has been prophesied in the Bible. The final great empire will be a mixture of many nations, led of course by the antichrist. Western civilization, especially europe has already been brainwashed into accepting the new world order. A new religion and a new leader will be coming soon.

Yes there will be an EU army. Ultimately it will be the antichrist army and it may well be a muslim army. Perhaps Obama will be the head, or someone like him.

Other than that I wouldn't worry.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Europe HAS to build an Army

There is no way the USA can financially maintain it's military expenditure, we need a break, we need a United European Army or eventually the whole West would fall if we remain militarily unipolar they way we are now.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

We have to understand that Europe regardless of what sheeple and politicians tell us, there WILL BE a united Europe. We will have a centralized government, we will have a united defense, we will be forced to swear allegiance not to our "nationality" but to the USE.

Oh, sounds a bit like the United Kingdom...... it's made up of several countries (England, Wales, Scotland and NI), they also don't swear allegiance to their Nationality (English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish) but rather to the UK - British, one defence force .....they also have 1 currency too.

No idea why Brits complain about a united entity, one leader, one currency etc.... they already have it!

Regarding the EU army, as a previous poster has already stated, under the lisbon treaty it would be optional for a country to be part of it, if you don't want troops in then don't be part of it. Although should a war break out against Europe I'm sure you'd still expect the rest of the EU to defend you.

Mikey

[edit on 13/1/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Im going to throw a really weird, wild and extremely far fetched opinion now, so sorry but I think many will agree.

There is no real need for a European army, building an army to compete with other superpowers will does nothing but antagonise them. There's nothing to stop the EU nations uniting in a common cause without forcing them to.

Anyway, wild idea but things on our little backwater here aren't going to change until the planet has an immediate catastrophic crisis that requires a full unity to overcome. A friend of mine was showing me a cutscene of Gears of War 2 today, of a general addressing an army. Although this is only a game, the things that were said made me realise that it will take something to threaten humanity to change things and overlook our own petty differences of colour, creed, religion and anything else we've decided to fight over through the years.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join