It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex in space is a flailing exercise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Sex in space is a flailing exercise

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

LONDON: An increasing number of couples expressing their desire to have sex in space have become a cause of concern for scientists, says a report.

The experts do not think that it would be possible to have intercourse in space. "We've had a variety of people inquire about it," Daily Star quoted Will Whitehorn, president of Virgin Galactic, whose boss Richard Branson hopes to put tourists into space next year, as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Wows i think its a great idea but If some one had kid after that he be true alien to man kind lolz.What you guys think about ?Might be nasa need some family planing for their astrono. before they board shuttle. if it possible to have sex in space in coming future.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I have actually thought about this. Is that saying something? I think so.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If they 'do not think it would be possible' does that mean they're looking for volunteers to test their theory? Me and my other half would be more than willing to give it a shot. haha.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, in some form or other. Probably very very strange, but possible.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
ahem, there was an adult film shot using nasas anti grav plane a few years ago actually
not sure i can name the film here, but the 'actors' went up in that plane and spent some time shooting sex scenes in zero g (free fall)
and i think i read somewhere once, that NASA will not comment on wether any astronauts have had sex in space or not

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
could you send me a private message with the name of that movie?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by babylonstew

Can you private message that title over here too please that sounds scientifically interesting

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So it's 'flailing' sex in space huh, does that mean somebody is throwing their arms around and thrashing the legs?
The title of this thread is hilarious, mispelled like this it acually comes off as the opposite of what the author meant, before mispelling the title of course. Flailing Space Sex.

apc

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Are a bunch of nerds really the ones that should be determining whether or not sex in space is possible?

I think as long as the deposit is received before the bank closes there shouldn't be any real problems.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Why wouldnt it be possible?

All I know is that I wouldnt want to be anywhere near the couple. Think on it. Sweat and... other... fluids will be all over the place in a rather uncontrolled manner.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Of course it'd be possible.

All you'd have to do is strap yourself in and get ready for a bumpy ride.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
wouldn't they have to be strapped together?

I can imagine it getting a little worrying, esp at the time of climax when your MRS goes flying across the space pod at a vast rate of speed.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Well, it depends.

My theory would only really work insofar as the woman was 'on top' as it were, because at least then the guy could use his own physical anatomy to control her movements, while at the same time being strapped down to something like a chair.

Approaching this subject from a focused biological interest, btw.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well eventually someone will try this....

apc

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
... while at the same time being strapped down to something like a chair.

With furry pink space-cuffs, no doubt!

It all comes down to position.

Maybe superposition?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Has anyone else read Peter F Hamiltons "Nights Dawn Triology" ?
He has a pretty broad imagination when it comes to sex in "free fall" as he calls it...if it can be done...DO IT!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
... while at the same time being strapped down to something like a chair.

With furry pink space-cuffs, no doubt!

It all comes down to position.

Maybe superposition?

It's disturbing to think that we might have to create 'sex-chairs', if this "space-tourism" is indeed going to go ahead and happen.

Highly disturbing.

Of course, it just goes to show that if there's money to be made, people are always willing to try and figure it out.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fred3110
Has anyone else read Peter F Hamiltons "Nights Dawn Triology" ?
He has a pretty broad imagination when it comes to sex in "free fall" as he calls it...if it can be done...DO IT!

I'm more familiar with the commonwealth universe - the one with the star-flyer alien, but i have read the reality disfunction before and found it to be quite an interesting little peace.

He could write erotic novels if he wanted, that man.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Commonwealth universe is a good read I just finished the Dreaming Void not to long ago now that WAS strange! If you get the time read the rest of the nights dawn books there an excellent series.

I would be an Adamist in a heartbeat!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
there has been men and women going into space fro awhile now so if you think it hasnt happened already your fooling yourself

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join