It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies, Lies and Bombshells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Before the invasion of Iraq it came out that the US and British were spying on several countries in the hopes of "convincing" them to vote for the war resolution. This should have been front page news at the time. But it seems to be getting some traction finally - a year later. What I want to know is when the hell are the Brits gonna throw that lying Bush syncophant Blair out of office?

Then he could actually be indicted for war crimes. Bet he's not feeling too comfortable these days.

Spies, Lies, and Little Bombshells
By Steve Weissman
t r u t h o u t Correspondent in Europe

Wednesday 03 March 2004

Two strong women created havoc in Britain last week, exposing the sad disarray of Washington's War on Terror and its misuse of electronic intelligence.

The two women also provoked yet another crisis for Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Clare Short, 58, is a maverick Labour MP and former government minister, while Katherine Gun, 29, worked as a Mandarin translator for Britain's super-secret Government Communications Headquarters. Whatever their mix of motives - a huge debate in Britain - the unlikely duo packed a punch no one had predicted.

www.truthout.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Before the invasion of Iraq it came out that the US and British were spying on several countries in the hopes of "convincing" them to vote for the war resolution. This should have been front page news at the time. But it seems to be getting some traction finally - a year later. What I want to know is when the hell are the Brits gonna throw that lying Bush syncophant Blair out of office?

Then he could actually be indicted for war crimes. Bet he's not feeling too comfortable these days.

Spies, Lies, and Little Bombshells
By Steve Weissman
t r u t h o u t Correspondent in Europe

Wednesday 03 March 2004

Two strong women created havoc in Britain last week, exposing the sad disarray of Washington's War on Terror and its misuse of electronic intelligence.

The two women also provoked yet another crisis for Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Clare Short, 58, is a maverick Labour MP and former government minister, while Katherine Gun, 29, worked as a Mandarin translator for Britain's super-secret Government Communications Headquarters. Whatever their mix of motives - a huge debate in Britain - the unlikely duo packed a punch no one had predicted.

www.truthout.org...

No wonder the majority of the U.N. countries declined to go to war with Iraq. Also, to answer your ECK, that's a little hard to say from my stand point. I know alot of Brits hate Blair right now so you never what will transpire in the near future.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And america/Britain are supposed to be democracies?

There is plans to take over the entire world, but stuff like this will not be shown on CNN, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I can't see Blair serving another term, that's for sure.

Immortal, I agree with you completely on that.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The two Blairs,
Working with Bill Clinton - Blair is an enlightend leader in foreign affairs.

Working with George Bush - Blair is a lying syncophant

If Kerry wins - Blair an enlightened leader of the future.

which way doth the wind blow?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I didn't like Blair back then either. Now I dislike him intensly.

I hope the wind blows him away!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I remember listening to the radio in 97 (I think) when Blair was first trying to get public support. What got to me was that despite all the other party leaders talking to the people in forums and on radio/TV shows (where the people could ask questions) Blair would never do that. I thought he was shifty right at the beginning and never liked the man.

It looks like I was right too

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eireann
I remember listening to the radio in 97 (I think) when Blair was first trying to get public support. What got to me was that despite all the other party leaders talking to the people in forums and on radio/TV shows (where the people could ask questions) Blair would never do that. I thought he was shifty right at the beginning and never liked the man.

Absotively. Good instincts. I never trusted him, either. At the time I thought anyone chummy with Clinton had to be a lying MOFO.

Now I'm gonna flamed by the left!
Sorry, my leftie friends; I cannot abide Clinton, either.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eireann

I know that he refused to appear on Talk Radio just before the election. The Tory & LibDem leaders went on, but not Tony Blair. I was willing to give him a chance because I was pissed off with the Tory sleaze, but in the end he turned out to be far worse. He's a traitor to the country, and a . Sling him out or string him up.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hmmm, let me see now....
We can make postings and comments about how the US and the UK "conspired" to do such and such, with enough ambigious brasso that it makes crap shine and yet, lord forbid, information pointing to Saddam or Iraq doing their own "Pre-war" propaganda, manipulations and manipulatings, buying of votes, etc. and it gets called crap and/or not worthy of mentioning because of crediability issues?

As related:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very 'Ironic'....very....

regards
seekerof

top topics

join