It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive earthquake drill planned in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet but this morning my husband alerted me about this earthquake drill that's supposed to happen in November:
Massive earthquake drill planned in California

U.S. scientists, elected officials and experts gathered here on Wednesday to plan for a massive earthquake drill scheduled for later this year.

Meeting at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), participants warned that California residents, businesses and schools need to be prepared for a major earthquake by taking part in the drill.

To help prepare for a possible quake, the drill, codenamed "The Great Southern California Shakeout," will be held in November, featuring a week of events.

The quake drill will be the largest in U.S. history, in which firefighters, police officers and emergency personnel will also take part.

Plans for massive earthquake drill unveiled

More info here:
Earthquake Shakeout Scenario

Visualizations for Southern California Earthquake Center(SCEC)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
November is no good for me. I need my doom moved closer on the calender, otherwise it is doom that is too far outside of the imagination.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It looks like this drill is happening today.

BBC New

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It seems Rense.com is a disreputable site on ATS, but I like it. This link was on the site today:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Scroll down about half way and you will see this information:

Animations are available at
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Startling, to say the least. Thank you to the USGS, our tax dollars @ work!

Hope these links are ok ...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Maam

Thanks for the links Maam & Anonymous Poster!

The only thing I saw relating to this drill in our area were students in a parking lot when we passed by one school.

The video that came after the BBC link showed the Hayward Fault Simulation. Would that be the liquefaction that would happen if it struck in that particular location?

[edit on 15-11-2008 by DearWife]

join