It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens In The Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hi people, I have been on ATS for quite a while but I just recently joined, I am a Christian, my father is a reverend and I go to church every Sunday, and as I was flicking through the bible I realised how so of the 'miracles' could be explained by science, and, as the people back then were commonly uneducated I thought of how so many things could be compared to technology. (Not sure if you get the point)

For example...

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

God could be a species of highly intelligent and advanced aliens that maybe were experimenting with planet creation and formed the earth and the stars around it.

Further on...

Genesis 1:9

And God said, "Let the water under the sky to be gathered to one place and let dry ground appear."

Terraformation? Not impossible, we are already theorising it, further advances in science and technology will make it possible.

A bit ahead...

Genesis 1:20

And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let the birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky.

Maybe they were genetically experimenting with creatures.

And so on...

And when Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed by fire falling from the sky it could have been bombs or lasers.

The Apocalypse could just be a story about if the aliens fought another specie and how earth may be destroyed in the cross fire.

And how God always communicates best in high places? (EG. Mountains) Maybe thats because they have to best radio reception
(Joking)

This is just a half formed idea in my head, there are definitely plot holes and by no means do I believe in this, its just some food for thought...

What do you think about it? (Please don't scream abuse at me)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The Bible is nothing more than tall tales to keep men and women in check, along with a philosopher named Jesus who believed he was the son of this "God" and was heaven sent.

Just like other religions and theologies and their Gods and stories, it's nothing more than fantasy mixed in with cosmic ignorance.

I'm sure people will continue to attempt to create religions until our knowledge of the universe is so great that everything can be explained and we'll no longer be living in delusional and subjective, Humanly fabricated novelesque insanity.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Not exactly what you would expect but gives a direction:

Genesis 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

So the sons of God (demons) came physically in the earth causing giants and human-angel hybrids. Well, isn't it basically now the same thing, they appear in a physical form and with high technology, but don't produce offspring with humans this time. And demons, ghosts and aliens, are highly intelligent beings, and as both of those, they cause confusion and try to mislead us from God to think that they are something else than what they really are.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Religion is a form of human control. After all humans are less likely to deviate from the parameters established by society if they believe that the man-made laws derive from a higher authority, or divine law. However there could be bits and pieces of thruth within each religion. God and the angels are in fact aliens being that they are entities foreign to this world. Religion in general seems aimed at keeping people blinded by their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralari

Alot of that would depend on how you define "Alien".

One thing I would avoid would be ideas like Genetic Engineering, Lasers, etc. If the Elohim were physical beings their technology would not resemble near future human technology. It would be so advanced that it seemed magical.

One thing our science fiction has done is polluted how we would conceive of an Extraterrestrial Species or Civilization. We imagine Star Wars and Star Trek, but those shows are are either pure fantasy or only possible with non existant exotic physics.

I wouldn't dismiss the Bible out of hand like the other poster did. There are alot of mysteries in it.

The Bnai Elohim, "Sons of Elohim" are one of those mysteries. Theyre not demons. Theyre celestials and appear in the Book of Job along side other celestials called Morning Stars in the Heavenly assembly or court. The whole passage there in Genesis is odd. It kind of makes sense when you look at other passages about the Bnai Elohim and the idea that a Celestial can be cursed to become mortal or human, as implied in Psalm 82.

I use the term Celestial, because only one group of the Sabaoth are actually Angels or Messengers, the Malakhim. The others are something else, especially the Sarim, Bnai Elohim, and the Elohim(Bnai Elyon). Just to clear up any confusion.

I agree though there does appear to be intelliegent entities that purposely confuse and manipulate humans. One might call them "demons", another might call them "aliens", some call them "gods", and others think of them as "spirits" or a parallel like the Faerie.

There's plenty of good books out there that explore that idea further. Vallee and Hynek are a good place to start. Try to stay away from Cultic Theosophical New Age mindlessness. Pretty much anything claiming to be channeled is crap. It might actually be channeled by mediums but that doesn't stop it from being propaganda or lies. Keep an objective view about it. You'll probably end up questioning everything you believe and know before you come to a conclusion. Don't lose faith on a whim, but question everything. Stay away from cults and so called "esoteric" orders.

Our world and the Bible is filled with mysteries, there are some answers out there. You just won't be finding them from Llewelyn books.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralari

Ralari, have you ever thought about asking your father what he thinks about this?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, I asked my Dad what he thought of the matter and he said that although he believes in God he has always kept an open mind to other alternate theologies and that over the 30 odd years that he has been a reverend he has found similar patterns among many religions and that religion keeps people in order but so does law, and people follow the law don't they?

Anyway, well, I think that there may be a race so highly advance that our limited imaginations can barely grasp it so that they seem divine to us, I've heard some where that if your intelligence is high enough you can interfere with others' minds and project illusions or whatnot, and you would need a ridiculously high IQ like something of 5000, I can't remember where I heard it from though,

Well...

I found a link to a website that monitors trends in religions, its actually very interesting...

www.religionwatch.com...

Its worth checking out.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralari

i think most of us when we hear the word angel picture in our minds a being that looks like a man dressed in a bright white toga with 2 wings but that is just human imagination but can be factual for some angels

genesis 18:3 shows some angels look just like ordinary human beings.
ezekiel 1 and 10 shows some angels have the face of a lion or the face of an ox or the face of an eagle.
ezekiel 41:19 shows some angels have 2 faces on 1 head.the face of a man opposite the face of a lion just as ezekiel 1 and 10show that 1 angel can have 4 faces on 1 head.
isaiah6:2 shows angels that have 6 wings while genesis18 shows angels with apparently no wings
and feet? not all angels have 2 feet like ours-----some have feet like a calfs hoof ezekiel1:7
and going by genesis 3 some angels might look like dragons/serpents

except for the human looking angels with no wings all the rest would appear alien to us at first meeting-------but over time our minds could accept all of them as being quite normal after we get used to them.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralari

Ralari, just it case you haven't seen this link here it is:

xfacts.com...

Many of the images can be put down to subjective interpretation but it's worth a look anyway.
Cheers Karl

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by Ralari

i think most of us when we hear the word angel picture in our minds a being that looks like a man dressed in a bright white toga with 2 wings but that is just human imagination but can be factual for some angels

Yahn Goodey-yes,the human imagination can be extremely powerfull at times can it not?
I'd be interested to hear opinion on this very old religious image featured on a church wall mural in Yugoslavia,it certainly looks a bit unconventional to me.
www.youtube.com...
Regards Karll

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the links Karl, it was interesting to see all those paintings, it seems like more proof in the theory.
That video on Youtube was a bit short but it was interesting...

Yahn Goodey thanks for the references to the various appearances of angels as they could have been various types of aliens in suit... hmmm... I wonder....

Has anyone thought of this?
Us humans trade and sell plots of land and animals right?
What if there were more advance species that treated us in the same was?
What if they sold their 'God Rights' to another race to muck around with Earth as they wish?
Could they cause volcanoes? Make earthquakes?
Thats all very interesting...

Nice to see what people think of things.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
And here we go, taking the "Super" outta Supernatural, why do so many people have a problem excepting something we can't understand or explain?

Besides that I'll give my opinion even though the athiests will flame me as well as other people. Here we go:

I believe/experienced what has happened concerning the alien and God thing, I've encountered them both. I have a personal relationship with God and I have been abducted by aliens.
From my tormented years of trying to find an answer for why my abduction happened and my questioning of God's existance, I finally have an answer.
Angels are angels, there are different kinds/species of them. They are spirtual beings that can manafest themselves physically. The angels mentioned in Gen 6 are fallen angels, they came down, raped some women, God was pissed at them, so He made them mortal like you and me, but they still have supernatural powers and supernatural intelligence(see Psalms 82). These fallen angels have been recorded in many, many ancient text all over the world (I've researched them for quite some time and only recently understood what these were). They poluted tthe human gene pool and created beings that were pure evil and nearly wiped out the human race, save Noah's family. Times were scary back then and poeple called out to God to destroy all living things (see the Book of Enoch), so He caused a great flood and wiped out everything on earth, save Noah's family, the unpoluted genes left. You see these fallen angels before the flood told men to worship them, told men that they were Gods, they did this after the flood as well, they were not taken out by it (maybe a few were). They have learned there lesson, yet are still tampering with humans and there DNA, but not at the same level. They have desguised themselves as "aliens" which in a sense I guess they are, they do more than likely live on another planet and some probably beneath the ocean floor as many ufologists theorize. They will make themselves known shortly and try to recliam the world as there own and tell people that they are gods. They will arive and tell everyone that they are the next step in evolution and that having sex with them will help speed the evolution process up and that "humans were created in there image, so it is only fitting that we worship them". This my friends is a lie, a big fat lie. Elohim is our God, He is Our Father, He is our Saviour, He is our Light in a darkened world.
Don't be fooled, I know if I ever came accross one of these punk fallen angels ever agian, I'd kill him, break his neck, put a bullet between his eyes, do anything to end him, or at least try to.

Bring on the flames, I know you guy's will sense I said I'd kill an "alien", something most have been fooled into believing is something good for humanity, even though they are the ones that have caused most of our corruption, they taught us how to make weapons, did you know that? Better way to kill each other that is.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Woah! Well Jimmy thats something new that I have never read before, very interesting in its way , finally at least some that believes devoutly in god apart from my dad tells me what they think. Thanks, anyway, why does it not stand to reason that there may be aliens and those fallen angels or whatever? Anyway, if someone said that having sex with them would make me stronger I'd smash their head over a chair, after all, who wouldn't? (A lot of people)

Thanks Bro.

Cheers.

top topics

join