It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I labeled racist for being proud of my purple heritage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Why if I am "proud to be purple" am I labeled a racist ?

Why are purples not allowed to form "purple only groups" only to be labeled neo-barney, and purple supremacist's ?

Why are blacks, asians, hispanics, allowed to have "pride" marches, form latino / black pride groups etc

Even gays / lesbians are allowed to do this....

If purples were to march down the street screaming "purple power" as the blacks do currently, or screaming "purple pride" it would turn into a national controversy and everyone would be labeled racist...or neo-barney etc ..

Am I as a purple man now supposed to be "ashamed" of my heritage ?

Am I not allowed to be proud of who I am ethnically ? But every other race is ... ?

Sincerely,

z.about.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Lame dude...

I'm 100% sure you are not white, which is why you are doing this...

Typical...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
You Barneys are all alike. One look at your green spots and we know where you are going with this kind of talk.

I will let you in on a secret, there are no such thing as white people.
Lighter skins are not all from Albania or the Isle of White.

There is every shade of people from all over. By all means be proud of who you are and where you are from. Leave me out of it because I happen to have skin too. I celebrate the fact that I have known great Albanian people, and they were proud to be of Albanian heritage.

They just never tried to convince me that that they were celebrating being white. They were celebrating being Albanian. Folksongs, dancing, whatever they like to eat.

It is wrong for anyone to focus on the color. I hope those who do grow up. In the mean time, if you know. That needs to be enough for you.

Change takes generations. We have had amazing change in one generation. But the people who were biased against have become the racists. This is no difference than being mollested. The mollested become the mollesters of tomorrow. We can pray for healing when the victims have become ancestors. Speak respectfully and mention that this too is an injustice and refuse to be contentious. Then perhaps people will understand. You cannot drag people kicking and screaming into enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crestone

No one knows why certain ethnic groups have more leway then others.

Mexicans have a little group called 'La Raza' it IS the KKK of Mexicans... they belive that 'their' race is the ONLY race... hence, the name, La Raza, which means, 'The Race'?

Why can racist Mexican groups opperate on school campus, and recive school funding? Well, because here in California, we dont want them to be mad... we want as many Mexicans here as we can... i know we have already taken in almost 25% of mexicos population, but why stop there, lets import the entire Mexico underworld! Then we all can get some of that drug-resistant TB thats going around...

The White person gets the shaft, all the time, espicialy the white male, he gets the shaft, all the time, White males need not aplly, we want minorities only... and by minoriteis, we dont mean the white people that are the minorities, but anyone who ISNT white.

I dont care if people celibrate cinco de mayo, or if they are proud of where they come from, but only that when they get here, they honor this country, and that they know WHO the people are that made this country.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This thread could get very nasty if its left unattended.

To the OP, I'm Purple, proud to be Purple
The people you should be shouting at are also Purple. These are the small groups of people that sit on the committees and are so afraid of the media and bureaucracy that they [seem] to hate Purples even though thats what they are. These are the people who tell you what to do, what you cant do, apply funding etc. If you get on the committees and challenge them, they'll bunch together and you'll find yourself ousted quite quickly. I know because I sat on a board who were in favour of 'positive' racism. I refused to agree on it, and insisted that people should be judged on their education and merits rather colour of their skin, sexuality or religion. I was informed afterwards that the committee had met afterwards and decided that my services were no longer required but thanked me for my time and views.

Here's a link to let you know exactly who these Purple people are and just how blind they are:
Telegraph Newspaper

I have nothing against racial harmony, I have Jewish and Asian friends and we all get on great. It is one thing to get on well with people, and another to be told you have to get on well with people.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm from Melbourne and I agree.

Its bullpoo, but hey, our ancestors (no not us) *SNIP* up the world.

I got called a 'skippy poof' by the westernly orientated gentlemen all through school, yet it was never considered racism. And no, I'm not gay, its what a lot of us were called, yet if the shoe was on the other foot you get suspended/expelled.

I don't care about race, I just wish people would speak english sometimes.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by seenitall]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ok lets not start this up again.

Closing due to content.

top topics

join