It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for all you 2012 skeptiks, 2012 is also supported by I-Ching and Catholicism....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Terrance McKenna discovered a correlation between the I Ching and it ending at 2012 and Catholics have the prophecy of the popes, where basically a saint had a vision of 112 Popes being in power until end times.

and guess what, the current Pope is number 111 of the total 112

Either way, you can "feel in the air" that things are about to get crazy

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

dude im so sorry but support does not make it real

or give it any validity at all

after all the vatican says that also believing in UFO's is ok

but there has been no 100% or disclosure on that either

whatevs

oh and also i take my skepticism with a c and not a k

and my coffee with no cream and 2 lumps

[edit on 6-6-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a healthy dose of skeptik-cism is always a healthy way to balance any idea....

but being part of the grammer police squad I find to be rather obknocktious.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Now, I'm all for the 2012 'end of life as we know it'... in fact, I'm hoping for it to happen... but there is just one thing to consider:

Are we the ones that are causing the 2012 prophecies?

Yes, I know global warming is our fault, but that isn't what I am talking about. Rather, is this one of those situations where, if enough people believe it to be true, it becomes truth?

Faith healers, will power, the ability to alter one's environment by sheer mental strength... it happens a lot, but on such a small scale that there is no serious effect. Yet now, the closer we get to 2012, with more and more people jumping on the 'end of the world' band-wagon, with more and more people believing that something serious is going to happen, are we, in effect, combining our collective thoughts and energies and creating a self-fullfilled prophecy?

Think about it... we really arn't in a drastic global warming trend... we are still, geologically speaking, recovering from an ice age.

Is Yellowstone actually going to erupt? We've only begun to notice ground upheavals with the advent of GPS... whose to say that this has not been happening all along? Or that there isn't periods of uplifting and sinking?

Yes, there are a lot of earthquakes and hurricans lately... but how many of us gave any thought or consideration to them before we learned of 2012?

Bible Codes, Mayan Calenders, I-Ching... look hard enough, probe deep enough, and someone is bound to find something that they want.

Now, again, I am all for 2012 happening... I want it to happen... so does that mean I am giving it a chance to happen?

I'm not saying we should all hold hands and rejoice and sing and give offers for things to pass... but, at the same time, the gods did wipe away mankind because of our behavior once before...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
if thats the case and we are creating 2012, then we didn't we create the chaos and madness that everyone was predicted would result in a global economic collapse that was predicted for Y2K?????

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Because, quite honestly, how many people actually believed that a computer with the wrong date was going to crash the entire network superstructure?

Does having the wrong date on your computer (or any other electronic device) cause mayhem within your home?

No. Why? Because we know better.

So, regarding this... there are more people who believe that something is going to happen, so many people praying to have something happen (or to stop something from happening), that our fears and thoughts and will are going to manifest. Or not.

Either way, we really won't know until December 22 2012... or September 2012... heck, let's just say May 2013. Yep... if we can still continue this discussion by May 2013, I guess that that would have proved something.

Or not

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
...the chaos and madness that everyone was predicted would result in a global economic collapse that was predicted for Y2K?????

Just wanted to add this as an after thought... regarding the above quote, exactly! Everyone was predicting that something was bound to happen... they were even trying to find the programmers of PASCAL, as a safety measure.

Just because the experts tell you something is going to happen, that doesn't mean that something will happen.

Now, on the flip side, since 2012 seems to revolve around a more spiritual sense, we have a great deal of effect on it. The spiritual is a state of mind, a state of being... people will see things because they feel that is what they are supposed to experience. The more people who do just that, the more others will be drawn, and eventually an over-whelming paranoia sets in.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Actually, the 2012 hype is neither supported nor even considered, one way or the other by Catholicism.

You bundled St. Malachy's predictions of the Papal succession and tossed it into the 2012 category. St. Malachy's predictions are astonishing at some points, bewildering at other points, and conflicting at others. It's a subject all on its own.

St. Malachy never put dates down saying "2012".

Muddling and conglomerating disparate topics seems to be a pasttime on ATS.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Funny how most of the people try to sluff off 2012 as some doomsday conspiracy when I have never read anything to support that theory.

The mayans predicted astronomical events very accurately to the point of baffling modern day astronomers....

The mayan's believe......

The Long Count end date on December 21st, 2012 A.D. highlights an astronomical alignment determined by precession. alignment occurs when the winter solstice sun conjuncts the crossing point of Milky Way and ecliptic in Sagittarius. This point is where the "dark rift" in the Milky Way is, which was known to the ancient Maya as xibalba be (the Road to Underworld) or simply "the Black Road." Linda Schele identifies the nearby crossing point of Milky Way and ecliptic as the Mayan Sacred Tree, and the modern Quiche call that spot "Crossroads."

www.gaianxaos.com...

the date of this alignment is, again, the end date of the 13-baktun Great Cycle - a cycle of approximately 5125 years. This all suggests that the ancient Maya were aware of the impending alignment and considered it to be of such importance to be a major transition point, the Creation of a new World Age.
www.gaianxaos.com...

Side question..... What happened in 3113 B.c.... anything important?

Nasa predicts solar maxim in 2012......

This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). "The next sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one," she says. If correct, the years ahead could produce a burst of solar activity second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.

science.nasa.gov...

Like most experts in the field, Hathaway has confidence in the conveyor belt model and agrees with Dikpati that the next solar maximum should be a doozy. But he disagrees with one point. Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.

science.nasa.gov...

Interesting that some people claim it could be in 2011. The late Ian Lungold who has videos on google video has studied the mayan calendar with Dr. Calleman... here is a clipping

« Holy completion of time, truly » - a statement not found regarding any other tzolkin energy in these prophetic Mayan books written a few hundred years ago. From a knowledge of the tzolkin it simply seems logical that the true Mayan calendar should end on a day that has the energy of 13 Ahau.

The placement of the end date of this creation at the particular 13 Ahau energy of October 28, 2011 is supported by what seems to be a correction made in Palenque to the original Izapan Long Count several hundred years later
www.mayanmajix.com...
www.mayanmajix.com...

So in short... There is evidence that supports astronomical events. We are earthlings, part of earth, part of the solar system......welcome to the Shift....

Whether you want to belive in it or not will really not make a diffrence nor does any one care. It is going to happen, like it or not.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

We, those of us that KNOW the reality behind 2012, should consern ourselves with perfection and understanding and other things such as this instead of wasting time trying to show people that choose not to believe.

Had this been the case you'd realize there were never 112 popes predicted in the pope prophecy. That was an error in the printing of the manucript. There were only 111 popes predicted, and then a UNNUMBERED comment on the dark pope. The mistooken "112th pope" could very well be the truly numbered 111th pope, or the last pope is elected within the tribulation time. WE are on the LAST POPE NoW!

Back in 1988 There was a well done documentary about Nostradamus, The Man who Saw Tomorrow, and that documentary painted the picture of what we have set up for now. Though that documentary had an error about the 1999" date quartrain, but outside that watch the last part of that documentary to be shocked at how well the world's events shaped into what we really see in the world today.

2012 is real. You're not going to convince people. People are biased and will believe what they want to. With all the evidence in front of their faces they will not see the forest fore the tree.

World wide death totals will be somewhere in the neborhood of 80-92%. So these people will not be around for you to tell them "I told you so". Move on.

new topics

top topics

join