It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory about US oil intentions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It seems as though time and again I see new discoveries of oil in the US territories. Some of these finds are not small at all, but on scale with oil patches in even the middle east. Also, I work in the oilfield. I hear rumors all the time of new finds and new discoveries that oil companies are chomping at the bit to get ahold of.

Scientists Discover (Biggest Ever) Oil field off U.S. coast

Scientists from Cornell University have discovered a massive amount of Oil off the coast of Louisiana.The find is some 60 billion barrels or 3 Times more than current US recoverable Oil of 20 Billion barrels, and would bring US total reserves to 80 billion barrels which is on par with Venezuela. In comparison to other finds around the world, this is twice the size of all Oil ever found in the North Sea and 6 times larger than the estimates of the Alaskan ANWR oil deposits

SOURCE

Possible oil boom for the Northern Plains

SOURCE

Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, 1002 Area, Petroleum Assessment, 1998, Including Economic Analysis

SOURCE

Stallion to Participate in New Oil Discovery in Mississippi

SOURCE

These are just a few. You can pop a few keywords into a search engine and find a plethora of pages citing new finds. My theory is that the reason we are so actively importing oil and fighting wars for someone else's oil, is that we want to use up everyone else's oil before we really tap into what we have here in hopes that we will be supreme rulers of the entire world's energy supply. By we I mean the US government of course, I am a regular people that has nothing to do with it. I am curious to find what other's thoughts are on this.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Why don't you add this link also. All together the evidence bolsters Lindsey Williams claim
that oil is being used to manipulate the worlds populations. View it and express your opinion.
video.google.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I agree totally, I work in the oilfield and you would not believe the amount of wells that are drilled and capped waiting to be put into production, but are just sitting there. I know business for us is booming. That video is really good and I really would not disbelieve the things that are stated. I work for Weatherford Int. and we have a location in Alaska, so I know a little bit about whats going on there. If the government would open it up, from what I am told from the guys that work there, there would be another gold rush so to speak.

new topics

join