It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I AM ready for ascension. Are you?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yeah because this site/thread needs a yes or no answer to a hypothetical question much more then discussion on the topic...? :\

I think you're acting more as a catalyst to conflict right now then the skeptics are, they're actually asking very intelligent questions for the most part. It's obvious the OP can't answer all of them though, so what's wrong with helping out where we can?

Seriously, I think you need to calm down as much as some of the insult-flingers here. Nothing is getting "out of hand" here at all...the OP asked a hypothetical question to a topic that no one can say "I know all the answers too!" So by you reducing this thread down to "answer the question" you are helping to perpetuate the earlier accusations that the OP is way too arrogant(along with the rest of the "spiritual" people) as the perception seems to be...

Let everyone talk, together maybe we can define "ascension" here at ATS out of intelligent discussion instead of blind opinion.

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

I watched most of it at one point, but i started losing interest when it started going on about how our thoughts affect the world around us.

They literally do though, this is one of the reasons why all of the "new agers" talk about projecting love and harmony because that's in fact what you do...Just as much as you literally can project fear, anger, hate, & greed which is what most do these days without even knowing it.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Maybe one of us should start a thread...

Ascension...believers only please..

then we would get the thread we need and deserve to talk over what we are all feeling and to help each other without this constant battering.

The chakra thread is a fantastic thread its there to help people who are wanting to open their energy points to aid in ascension , there is none of this back biting in there, its a lovely thread full of love.. this is how I want our ascension thread to be..full of love, help and guidance. I find Im wasteing most of my energy trying to prove to others something I do not need to prove

I have nothing to prove to anyone, I wish to convert no one I just want to talk over how Im feeling and why Im feeling this way...is this too much to ask?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

They literally do though, this is one of the reasons why all of the "new agers" talk about projecting love and harmony because that's in fact what you do...Just as much as you literally can project fear, anger, hate, & greed which is what most do these days without even knowing it.

Exactly projecting love is a real energy just as projecting anger and hate is. This is what I mean when I say I can feel these energies from people its just a force at the end of the day. Everything is just a vibration or force.

Most people dont even know they are doing it but once you tune into your own energy points you can read others energy very well.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Dean Radin is operating outside the scientific community and there have been tests by the scientific community to refute his claims. You can sill throw in behind him, but it would require a reinvention of the word scientific to lump him in there.

Monroe is an ad exec selling product.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by wytworm]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I appreciate your ability to positively disagree. I have hope for may meaningful dialogs with you.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

That's a nice opinion you got there..so would you define "creditable scientist" for me since you seem to fancy yourself an authority?

Have you looked into his methods? Either of them for that matter? Can you disprove their work by more then just hear-say and conjecture? Or is it just an opinion?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
reply to post by wytworm

That's a nice opinion you got there..so would you define "creditable scientist" for me since you seem to fancy yourself an authority?

Have you looked into his methods? Either of them for that matter? Can you disprove their work by more then just hear-say and conjecture? Or is it just an opinion?

It not an opinion, its a methodology. Try looking into epistemology.

I did look into both of their backgrounds, approach, biases and adherence to methodology. Did you?

Off the cuff, I would say that absent meeting the criteria of the scientific method, the results even if they are correct, are worth little.

My main objection was to your labeling something as science that is so demonstrably is not. You could call it 'his work' and be more accurate.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
*never mind... *

Here, inside this thread is visible proof of what is happening in this world. One claims to know good while judging others they are wrong, and the ones who question good are being judged by all. I'm sorry if this thread caused any confusion. It was not my intention. I hope all of you are enlightened by your own inner self. Do not look outside for the answers. Don't let be dragged down to the vicious evil cycle which leads to self destruct that a lot of us live without noticing. Let your inner light of truth shine. You be the example of light in this world. I a 15 year old teenager asks you to do this. There is still hope for light. It is up to you to let it shine.

Love, hope, truth, and light.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by All-Natural]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wytworm

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I appreciate your ability to positively disagree. I have hope for may meaningful dialogs with you.

No problem, I hate bad feelings between people its just not me.. I cant understand where our disagreement came from anyway

I dont wish to discuss time travel and other dimensions anymore, I have no proof of these so whats the point. I want to talk about how people are reacting to ascension within them selves. I will no longer answer any questions that are non ascension related in this thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by All-Natural

I already reported the thread. Not sure how long it takes to kick in. Lets hope that the seed for growth is planted in each of us regardless of who we personally believe needs it or did the planting.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
No the MODS dont need to lock this thread.. hey the last ascension one was far worse than this and that went on for months lol I know I remember it all too well

No I do not wish this to be locked and neither do the MODS as there has been no breaking of ATS rules.

If it gets locked I or one of my friends will just start another anyway...
All Natural you have taken on a very big thread here...ascension is such a heated debate but I would like to thank you for starting it and please dont give up yet there are many here to help and aid you with your thread

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Hah
... thanks. It's just that I can't stand reading all the negativity towards each other. But I guess we can't control that.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yes please keep the thread open.

We will always have different opinions because we all see life from a different prospective, also we have not all experienced the same things. So instead of seeing ascension as a certainty see it as a possibility, a possibility with doubt.

As I was explaining before everything should be overlooked with a little doubt, if you class everything as certainty then I guess everything you read is true.

So give the OP a break and let this thread carry on in a mature manner, nobody who believes in ascension is trying to prove anything. You either A) believe it “with doubt”, or B) rule it out as a none possibility and move on to a thread that would suite your beliefs more.

We are not here trying to get people to believe in anything, we are not here to prove anything. The thread could have been named a little better e.g. “If you believe in ascension, are you ready?” But it’s no big deal. After all we all make mistakes.

So please mods do not delete this thread, I see this as a very important topic to many. Maybe re run the ATS rules to some people, not delete the topic.

Thanks

P81

[edit on 8-6-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

Yeah man good stuff (epistemology), kind of aids to my theory that we're all arguing sematics here...

and yes I did look into both of their methods and bias, and theirs differs from other scientists how? Oh yeah, they report everything unlike the vast majority of scientists who write off inconsistencies as "anomalies" and you know that. There has been man creditbale scientists who are literally reproducing the "anomalies" with constancy that cannot be classified as "random" by any standards while being done in a Faraday cage.

What does it prove? Who cares? Well it lays new pathways to things like gene therapy which is being actively pursued by many in biological science for practical application like medical treatments and therapies. So you "worth little"? That's you own selfish perspective there buddy

Check out these guys, both of whom are actually working & studying in the field and who have been able to help many people based on this principles of "ridiculous" things like resonance.

Dr. Bruce Lipton Cellular biologist
Dr. Todd Ovokaitys MD Developed a laser based off of resonance principles that literally rearrange molecular bonds and may get a Noble Peace prize for his work with AIDS in South Africa...is he crazy too? Oh please check Dr. Todd's pedigree especially...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Very intresting post and some really intresting links.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Honestly, I am surprised this thread has gone it as well as it did, you think people are rude here, try the 9/11 forum. Yeah theres a few that came along and stirred up the debate but thats what good debates are all about. Anyways I think the message of this thread is very clear, ascension is not something that can be proved, but hey I saw some pretty interesting evidence about levitation in a different thread. People don't worry about whether or not you are going to ascend or not, we all have our own unique reasons for being put on this earth, just follow your heart and the rest will come naturally. Or as so many others have already said before, love and light!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

My point is the general sequence is hypothesis, experiment, analysis, conclusion, peer review, acceptance.

I might have missed it but i think that they have not submitted anything for peer review or what they have done has been rejected. I am not as expert as I might be, but this was the impression i was left with after about 30 minutes of looking into them.

Am I incorrect?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm not saying anyone's crazy, I am saying that any theory whether it is authored by Einstein or Faraday or me, in order to be accepted as 'canon' has to follow the same steps. It has to be testable, falsifiable, bias has to be eliminated (peer review), results consistent and reproducible, etc. etc.

Look at Newton, he spent more time writing about the paranormal than he did about science, but no one talks about that. Why? --It doesn't follow the methodology.

The larger point i am awkwardly getting at is: epistemology. This is, to me how we come to 'know' things. 'Believing' things is entirely separate (arguably the start of the chain to knowledge), but it is not the same.

Unfortunately I am in process of moving out of my house so I don't have the time to follow the links right now. I will try to look later.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I hear you. I have also had rougher rides elsewhere. I think people go a bit nuts due to the anonymous nature of the forums and the fact that vocal tone and body language are missing elements in these communications. It happens quite often at work for me as well, where people make jokes that are obvious to 50% involved but the guy on the phone goes nuts as he took it seriously.

I think the lesson is to keep the passion, keep the debate, post responsibly, if someone calls BS on you, --go back and check, maybe something was misread.

On the other side, before reacting, assume benevolence on the part of the other poster and ask clarifying questions before inflaming the thread. Often (not always) you will find as I have that its just a misunderstanding.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

I'll have to dig up some particulars for you. It actually is kind of frustrating these days even with the internet how quickly information comes and goes without anyone knowing. No one's fault really, just how things are....

There is definitely suppression of certain things by those who call this stuff "ridiculous" because of their own bias that is definitely true though. Dr. Ovokaitys in particular has really gone through the wringer as he is still part of the AMA as well. I'm currently trying to find more info on Dr. Todd article-wise myself, I'll let you know what I find...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join