It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru exists, well according to the NASA website anyway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just noticed something that seemed odd, if you go to the NASA website and type in NIBIRU in the search bar at the top it will throw up a story back in 2005 regarding the finding of a new planet. While this story is old news what got me was the fact it didn't even mention Nibiru but even more odd was this -

If I was new to the subject of Nibiru (etc) and went to the NASA website just to see what it was about I would come away thinking it had been confirmed by NASA... because of the story you are linked to regarding the finding of a 10th planet, wouldn't I?

Try it, pretend you nothing on the subject, go to the NASA website - www.nasa.gov...
and type in NIBIRU in the search bar at the top, now read the first article
it throws up. Wouldn't you come away thinking it was confirmed by NASA?

I dont know it just seemed odd to me and the fact someone has gone to the trouble to link that word to that story when it doesn't even mention Nibiru... odd for NASA, I think anyway.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by II HAL II]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

That is rather odd... maybe it's a joke. Someone purposely put the tag in there so I don't know. They say that the planet hasn't officially been named, I dunno, but excellent find IMO.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well the planet is actually named Eris. It is not nibiru because it does not have the same elliptical course.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
[NASA temporarily stalls as hords of ATSers flock to the site]

Excellent find! I'm pretty much surprised NASA would recognize the term "Nibiru" and make the search string associations. Maybe they would like a few more hits too.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II
If I was new to the subject of Nibiru (etc) and went to the NASA website just to see what it was about I would come away thinking it had been confirmed by NASA... because of the story you are linked to regarding the finding of a 10th planet, wouldn't I?
[edit on 5-6-2008 by II HAL II]

I actualy had someone quote that same link to me here on ATS as being evidence of NIBIRU.

It was clearly talking about ERIS but devoted Nibiruists wil grab at anything.

Maybe the tag was put on at the time it was found and it just hasn't been taken off...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yeah -- that NASA article doesn't Mention the name "Nibiru" -- it's just an old article talking about "Eris". It was probably written before Eris was named (and while it was under consideration as being the 10th Planet). Eris was disovered in 2005, is bigger than Pluto, and its orbit KEEPS it beyond Pluto.

As someone else posted above, Eris is NOT the alledged Nibiru. When Eris was discovered, Pluto was still considered a Planet. In fact it was the discovery of Eris that helped get Pluto demoted to "dwarf planet" status -- that's because when the International Astronomical Union (IAU) took up the task of whether to call Eris a Planet or not, they decided instead to create a new class of objects (dwarf planets) and put Eris, Pluto, Sedna, Ceres, and other bodies in that category.

...and the word and the mythology of "Nibiru" is known by NASA, even if they know there is no world that will be on our doorstep in 4 years. Just because they tagged to term "Nibiru" with that article on Eris doesn't mean that Eris is Nibiru -- maybe NASA is just doing their part to "Deny Ignorance" and educate the people as to the real solar system, rather than the one made up by Stitchin.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ummm, I actually believe that one of the original names considered for Eris was in fact Nibiru, but was nixed in favor of one that didn't have connotations linked to Sumerian mythology (as NASA and other astronomical organizations seem to get what it hints at, something I'm guessing they wanted to avoid).

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I did and the OP is right. Now plucky is scared. Scared I tell you! Really, really, really, really, scared.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I do not see anywhere on the web page that states NASA says Nibiru exists. Subject line is "a bit" misleading.

Entering NIBIRU and nibiru (upper vs lowercase) both retrieve different results, both with no mention of the word you searched for. It is simply key words used for the web page at one time. Some pages, people were allowed to comment on. While the comments are gone, the key words used in the comments may remain. This is the same concept that is used to make certain web pages show up, while you are looking for something completely different.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Another page on NASA's site that mentions Nibiru:

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Though you have to go through Google to find it.

In fact here are a bunch of pages on NASA's site that mention Nibiru, from Google:

www.google.com...

[edit on 6-6-2008 by nataylor]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I do search engine marketing for a living and it's a good bet that whomever is doing the SEM for NASA thought it might be a good idea to include Nibiru in the keyword list in an effort to bring more traffic to the site. It's very simple and is probably responsible for a bit more traffic. The visitors who come over read that entire article looking for Nibiru but the analytics of the site would simply show you spending a good amount of time on the site, despite the fact that the article you've just read through isn't actually about Nibiru.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They dont need to add it as a keyword for marketing. After Searching at the NASA site, click on View raw result.
You will get results that pre-date this article that involve Nibiru, as of the article in question it was not an unknown term.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by mindping]

[edit on 10-6-2008 by mindping]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

It does have a name.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by becomingaware]

top topics

join