It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland and UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
"My sorrow, my want, my difficulty,
My hardship and my grief,
It was here I met the great storm
For a short time of my life;
The Dursey Sound was ablaze before me,
The Cailleach was threatening
Her teeth would tear
The bones of all the men of the world."

Let me tell you a bit about Dursey and the UFO connection. This place, in County Cork Ireland, was my ancestral home, on my Mother's / Grandfather's side, of the family. The Family escaped the 1840s famine and made their way to England. Stories were told, from one generation to the next, in my Family, of out Celtic connection to Ireland.. I was also shown photos of the Family sitting on the beach in England (circa 1860s) - wearing top hats!! Many stories have been handed down to me. One was of a long ago ancestor that drowned in the Sound - the water between the Island and the mainland. Nobody in the family had ever returned to Dursey since the 1840s. In 1997 I went back to Dursey as the first to do so.
I travelled over to the Island in a cable car that held only three people maximum. I looked nervously down into the waters below. Not a second time in the family, please, dear God! A man travelled in the cable car with me. He looked the spitting image of an old uncle that has long since passed away. Talking to the man I discovered that he was a distant relative - he also related the story of the drowning that had been handed down to him through the generations. With no further ado I was introduced and made to feel welcome by the inhabitants on the Island (they have dwindled now to only about forty). The oldest inhabitant (again a distant relative)- an Old Lady, in her nineties, remembered being told as a child how people wept in their Great Hunger. Brothers, sisters, parents and children all going separate ways.
When I came back to the Island the village is obscured by a brow of a hill. When I reached the top and looked down onto the village I had a very curious feeling of being here before. Somehow it all seemed familiar. Absorbtion of stories that I heard as a kid? The Old Lady told me about thee hidden things on the Island. Many fascinating stories of the catholic residents who had retained their more ancient pagan history / beliefs. The islanders were all "faye" she said. What’s that? "Psychic" she replied. She amazed me with stories of "strange lights" in the sky that were recorded by the islanders going back to the 1920s. Fishermen saw these go from "Signal Tower" to the Skelligs. There were accounts of places on the island were people would meet the "little people" and experience strange apparitions, missing time and fairy music . From what she was telling me it sounded very much like the classic abduction scenario!! Apparently there were parts of the Island where people / animals could completely disappear." Did they fall off the cliffs?" No, said the old seer the islanders knew the cliff path like the back of their hands. "These people do not lie", she said" they brought up good catholic!" I wasn't going to argue. After many goodbyes I left the Island and returned to England.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[STRANGE LIGHTS AND APPARITIONS

On a winter night, men net fishing off the north side of the island were astonished to see a ball of fire high up near the signal tower. It glided down the hill into the sea, where it transformed itself into the shape of a steamer. The fire passed so close to them that the fishermen feared for their nets and shouted out warnings, whereupon the "steamer" moved further out to sea and continued its course way to the north. fishermen near Garnish also witnessed the phenomenon, but no one could offer a rational explanation for it.
Four men were out checking their lobster pots below Kilmichael one night in the mod-1920s. They noticed a light hovering near the village and at first assumed that one of the residents was out inspecting the haycock he had made earlier that day. The fishermen decided to move their pots, so they hauled them up and rowed towards Dursey Head, but the light also began to move westwards, keeping pace with them on land. On the way the crew had a lucky escape. somebody accidentially dislodged the spoil (a small plug near the stern) and the boat began to fill with water, but in the melee one of the oarsmen had the presence of mind to leap across the thwarts and thrust his gansey (knitted jumper) into the hole. They managed to reach the shore, bailed out and resumed their journey. All the while the strange light kept pace with them, remaining at the land's end as they were casting their lobster pots. As in the case of the ball of fire, no one could account for this odd episode.

DISCOVER DURSEY by Penelope Durell]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well im from ireland and there is alot of ufo action

I have seen plenty of Ufo;s
Here are a few

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
you have got to be kidding OP, seriously, LMAO, "these people never lie, they're good catholics", did you buy that?

ah jayus, she was a grand girl, swallow a brick mind you, believed me about the little people and everything, even bought this leprechaun charm. related to oul tommy who went off ta england, always wore the top hat, ah ya do remember him, oul tommy.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
you have got to be kidding OP, seriously, LMAO, "these people never lie, they're good catholics", did you buy that?

ah jayus, she was a grand girl, swallow a brick mind you, believed me about the little people and everything, even bought this leprechaun charm. related to oul tommy who went off ta england, always wore the top hat, ah ya do remember him, oul tommy.

Pass me a pint of Guiness.

top topics

join