It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid - post's are watering down the boards!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hey people lets all join forces to stamp out a very serious threat and purpose to our site, stupid bs post's

these really need to be cleaned up they actually do nothing but water down the boards and make it harder for legit work to be done here.

it is that bad its almost as bad as the disinformation people who seemed to be payed to come to ATS and give bunk info and try to confuse the debate.

these post are like this " new way into area 51 " and " what if we did this or that" and very stupid questions and repeat posts's i am not talking about earnest honest questions you know the type of post i am talking about. they have a catchy title and then when you opened it and read you are like damn it what a stupid post or wtf

this happens so often that one has to assume its part of the agenda to disrupt information here.

if we see a foolish stupid no purpose post we should delete it and or the person posting it and never reply and keep the dumb thing going.

again there are a lot of posts that are not at all legitimate and they are to serve as a distraction. their purpose is a threat to us and are not benign in nature.

please everyone and moderators lets look for these foolish posts and stamp them out and those who post them, they are not ignorent or stupid people they know exactly what they are doing.

their constant foolish post are part of the master campaign to reduce the effectiveness of this site. make no mistake these people know exactly what they are doing and its high time we take care of it and recognize what their real intentions are.

Thank you people and moderators, and everyone tell your friends, family, and people you work with about ATS, the more people here with an open mind the more informed people we have on our side.

thanks

Chris
lakeland, Florida

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Never mind.

Another moderator handles this while I was posting.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
OH my gosh, another one of these threads. It's becoming a trend almost as bad as BS threads.
What constitutes GARBAGE to you, is not garbage to others.
Everyone has their own taste, and who are you or anyone else to decide whether it is a viable thread or not?
As long as it falls under the T&C.. it's a go.
Yes, occasionally there are duplicate topics. So what.
It is your choice to read a thread or not, or post in it or not.
To try to gang everyone together to judge threads of others is downright ridiculous, and AGAINST T&C I might add.
When I first became a member here, I read everything, fact and fiction.
That is how a person learns to look for the needle in the haystack.
You have to bring a shovel, you have to move some BS out of your way to find the kernel of truth.
It is a learning process.
One which I welcomed.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
Hey people lets all join forces to stamp out a very serious threat and purpose to our site, stupid bs post's
if we see a foolish stupid no purpose post we should delete it and or the person posting it and never reply and keep the dumb thing going.
please everyone and moderators lets look for these foolish posts and stamp them out and those who post them, they are not ignorent or stupid people they know exactly what they are doing.
their constant foolish post are part of the master campaign to reduce the effectiveness of this site. make no mistake these people know exactly what they are doing and its high time we take care of it and recognize what their real intentions are.

Chris
lakeland, Florida

I agree, THIS thread should be deleted as well as THIS thread's poster.
At the poster's request of course
QUOTE:
"if we see a foolish stupid no purpose post we should delete it and or the person posting it"

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Your thread is watering down the board.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
some threads I feel are complete wastes of time, I ignore those threads. If there is a poster that repeatedly spouts moronic things I ignore that poster.

Ignoring stupidity is denying ignorance.

Thats what happens. But what I do see happining is great threads and great ideas are forever dumped due to bad ideas and bad threads given reapeated attention.

What I do in this case is to ignore the bad thread and instead focus on the good threads that contribute greatly to the site and also reflect intelegent thought.

Even if the good thread doesn't go too far I still like to discuss things in intelegent threads instead of the mass garbage ones.

just because someone hands you tripe doesnt mean you have to swallow it.

new topics

top topics

join