It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

combining all fuel saving tech into one vehicle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
just curious about this. Has anyone ever made an electric car, with a hybrid biodiesel motor thats turbocharged with solar panels? obviously all of these options are proven to save gas with the exception of maybe solar panels, but ill explain that later. we all know that hybrids save gas, and diesels get better gas mileage. i just saw a report the other day about a new biodiesel that is made from algae and is efficient as gas is. ford has a new engine with turbos called ecoboost which they claim gets slightly better gas mileage. I dont know this for a fact though since its not out yet.

anyways, heres my theory. get an electric car possibly like the insight or chevy's new volt, make it a hybrid with a small biodiesel turbo engine. (this could be used to charge the batteries or drive the car when batteries are dead) the biodiesel gas is a renewable resource so it lessens the dependance on foriegn oil, plus gets good gas mileage. also you could put solar panels on the cars roof to help charge the batteries, or possibly just to power some of the other electronics in a car so most of the battery power can go to the motor. make the car aerodynamic and light, and maybe you have a winner. Im sure it would be so expensive that no one would buy it, but i just wonder instead of trying to come up with new technologies all the time, why dont we just try to combine all the ones we have?

I dont know alot about cars so if this sounds completely stupid, dont laugh too hard lol

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
try this

video.google.com...

be carefull tho..

pesn.com...

it realy does work...

join