It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew 24 verse 29

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I would like to talk about Matthew 24 everyone probably already knows that this is a great chapter that talks about the end times.

However, what I would like to talk about is verse 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

This verse alone tells me that Jesus will come after the tribulation not before. So why then do people teach that Jesus will come before the tribulation.

This is a series of videos. For the most part they are good. However this one number 4 seems to have some things backwards. They seem so serious in their teachings. What makes people miss the most important verse in 24?

I'm sure it would be very nice to be taken beforehand and not have to suffer through the tribualtion but in my studies I have not read that I will be taken first.

Does anyone know why they say this?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

because they think they are worthy of being saved through the rapture

noone before god is worthy

faith in jesus gives us salvation and being saved from death

we all are going to die and be judge

well except the chosen people

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Where in the Bible does it say that they will be rapture?

Like I just put up a verse stating that the After the tribulation in those days

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by Shar

because they think they are worthy of being saved through the rapture

noone before god is worthy

faith in jesus gives us salvation and being saved from death

we all are going to die and be judge

well except the chosen people

"The Rapture" Idea is only about 150 years old and was introduced by a man named Charles Taze, who incedently is the founder of "Jehovahs Witness". The idea was picked up in the 60's again with the "JESUS PEOPLE" movement, and from there gained favor with all those who seek a sign. Men like Hal Lindsey, Chuck Smith, and others have turned "the rapture" into a fanatics dream, but it has no scriptural basis. Also, G-d is not a magician, nor is he a trickster. "El is Salvation" has given to you the power to have life within yourself, which if you are male, you wield it (life) with a "ROD OF IRON" better known as a penis. As MOSES (name means "Drawn Out") lifted the serpent (again penis) in the wilderness (womb), so also must the "Son" of man, be lifted up (Descending your family, is raising your name) In other words, "BE Fruitful and Multiply"...his is an everlasting kingdom. Super Important...the world and all (bibles, Korans, 8 Fold paths, Religions) that is in it shall pass away, but MY words will never pass away." If you seek the truth, then start listening inside, because that is where The Hallowed one is. Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17: "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

This link gives a good explaination of both sides of the discussion.

www.religioustolerance.org...:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Tomorrow 06/06/2008 is a day of _____________.

Jesus will return after the tribulation. There is a difference in the interpretation of what judged means. Sure Wicked or Good but it doesn't mean you will die.

The Bible has been changed over this history of time just like the history books. The Bible now has a false God as the ruler and in the end points to Satan as that God.

People will not dissapear in the rapture but instead we will see Jesus and feel his power. Yahweh will speak and let himself be known. The evil will be cleansed from the land. This is when Jesus is comes back to bring all of the fallen angels and disembodied spirits home.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Where in the Bible does it say that they will be rapture?

Like I just put up a verse stating that the After the tribulation in those days

sorry Im not a rapture believer

I was just putting 2 cents in, if i was off topic, sorry

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We know from the book of Daniel that Jesus will return 1260 days from the time the Antichrist sits in the temple and declares himself God.

We also know that he comes "as a thief in the night", and that we will be changed "in the twinkling of the eye", meaning no one knows when it will happen, and we will be changed instantaneously.

Jesus himself even said he did not know the day or hour of his return.

How can you reconcile those things? Simple. He will come to earth twice. Once, apparently without actually "touching down" so to speak, to gather the elect, and then again at the end of the tribulation to judge living men, and rule the earth.

The first time he returns to gather the elect, will be just as much a surprise to him as it is to us. The second time, everyone knows when and where he will come to earth. When: 1,260 days from the aforementioned act, and where: The Mount of Olives.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
But before he returns...aren't there suppose to be a bunch of other occurances?

Rebuilding the Temple...and the such?

Sorry, not up on the bible verses.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdoug1
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17: "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

True we have this verse. Nice verse isn't it. But no where in this verse does it say that this will happen before the tribulation. However, Matthew 24:29 clearly states that after the tribulation. Which when he does come afterwards yes the dead will raise first then the rest. Again, though afterwards.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm just curious how many "Christians" read the old testament? I know that people will say, especially to new Christians, to start in the gospels, but that's like trying to eat steak with no teeth. If you are alive right now, what do you need to be saved from? Are people not happy with the life provided now for them? Forgive me for not addressing the "Rapture", but I'm just curious as to what Miracle people are awaiting? "G-ds words are spirit, not flesh, the flesh profits nothing". "It is an EVIL and Adulterous Generation that seeks after a sign." "No man who puts his hands to the plow and then turns back is worthy of me"...Life is the plow folks. Seeking the easy way out, the wide path, is not favorable to life. If you want to be saved, have a child and give up yourself. "Suffer the little children to come unto me"..."unless you become as a child, you shall in no way see the kingdom of god"..."And a child shall lead them, and the government (guber=to control, mente=the mind) shall be on his shoulders. (what's on your shoulders?...your head, what's in your head, your mind) "For this reason a man must leave his mother and father and cling inside of the woman of him and the two shall become ONE flesh" "Out of Zion shall come SAVIOURS (plural)" The gospel IS Literally..."Mr and Mrs Christ, it's a baby boy!!" Generation to Generation is salvation friends, never been different. The only one I know of in the bible that does not stay in the grave is Lucifer/Hilel/Phosphors..."The light Bearer" and why, because he ruined his land (body) and killed his people (soul) nor did he set his captives/slaves free. He said, "I shall sit on the mount(top as in last person) of the congregation from the north(left side), I shall ascend above the stars of God and I shall be like unto the most high. G-d hated Esau, the hairy one, because for a morsel of meat he sold his birthright and the Honor the holy one had given him. Esau is firstborn, not Yacob. Esau has been redeeming himself ever since. "Lets eat and drink, for tomorrow we die" "Why do you trust in man or the son of man which is made like pasture, but have forgotten the "LIVING GOD". "If it were possible even the saints would have been fooled, but for them I have shortend the days." "no one ever considers that righteousness is taken away (extracted) from evil" We LEARN obedience to life, especially when we give it. To be healed is not magic, it is to be stopped from sin, as in (hand up) halt, heal, STOP, REPENT for the kingdom is now. Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

"The Rapture" Idea is only about 150 years old and was introduced by a man named Charles Taze, who incedently is the founder of "Jehovahs Witness". The idea was picked up in the 60's again with the "JESUS PEOPLE"

Hey thanks for your response. Is there a link or something to go with this. I figure some man along the way started this. Cause indeed it is not in the scripture. Man's laws or teaching is not always Gods. Whoever, this man was he deceived millions of people. Sad!

I have read and study every part of the Holy Bible. Both testaments. KJV only. I love my Bible! It's my favorite book. I rarely read anything else. I do read some things but not like I study and read my Bible.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I counted backwards 1280 days from December 21, 2012 and ended on July 16, 2009. not sure if that is correct or not, I probably miscounted. Just not sure how to calculate it using a different method. But what I realized is that their will be a full solar eclipse on July 22, 2009.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
When you know it the tribulation is upon us is when Israel gets surrounded and the daily sacrifice is taken from them. Then we better be ready cause Jesus is coming! I should add to this though that this is during the tribulation!!!!!! (The sacrifice getting taken away.)

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There will be a fake rapture in the days to come, the real rapture will occur in the height of the war. The fake rapture will fatally injure some.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
We know from the book of Daniel that Jesus will return 1260 days from the time the Antichrist sits in the temple and declares himself God.

We also know that he comes "as a thief in the night", and that we will be changed "in the twinkling of the eye", meaning no one knows when it will happen, and we will be changed instantaneously.

The throne that the Anti-Christ sits on is going to be the Pope at the Roman Catholic Church.

The Pope will pass away and as a thief in the night the switch will be made and in the twinkling of the eye he will changed unnoticed. The Pope will be saved. He will not be the same.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by uknow_me72

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

The throne that the Anti-Christ sits on is going to be the Pope at the Roman Catholic Church.

The Pope will pass away and as a thief in the night the switch will be made and in the twinkling of the eye he will changed unnoticed. The Pope will be saved. He will not be the same.

I have to say something on this. I think that the throne is going to be at Israel, In their temple they are wanting to build. They have all the material there waiting and can have it all built within a year. This won't happen till half way through the tribulation. IDK though this is my opinion.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Can you believe the Satan changed the Bible? If this is a possibility that you believe and believe anything is possible with God I have something for you.

u2u me please.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

"The Rapture" Idea is only about 150 years old and was introduced by a man named Charles Taze, who incedently is the founder of "Jehovahs Witness".

what do jehovah's witnesses have to do with the rapture?

www.rusearching.com...

rapture started much earlier that charles taze

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Good one, bringing up this verse.
I could only watch a few seconds of that video, without reaching up to turn it off.
The very premise is so wrong.
It is like what Jesus said, "if someone tells you that I am in this secret place, do not go there."
(Paraphrasing)
They seem to be selling some kind of secret knowledge.
That is stupid.
Jesus did not teach us to be mathematicians and astronomers and delvers into obscure knowledge.
Jesus warned about those who close their minds to salvation.
Their opportunity will vanish and they will not have a chance to get it back.
This stuff that is promoted by the sort of people who make videos like this, turn Jesus' teachings on their heads.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join