It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Well, as soon as I saw her family name I assumed she was the daughter of David Suzuki, which if true (hint: it is) means two things:

1. She is the daughter of a scientist and climate change guru

and

2. She ain't no Inuit.

I appreciate your decision to ask questions, but the motto here is "deny ignorance"...

As for the attacks on Kofi, what's the point in spilling that bile here?

She gave the closing address for a whole bunch of reasons. One of which is "she's articulate and eloquent", two things the 43rd President of the US, as a random example, is not, another is "she's directly related to a respected expert", again, something POTUS XXXXIII isn't. Other reasons include "poltics" and "perception".

As for your objections to her speech, what does she say that is clearly, not to mention demonstrably and conclusively, false?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

As for your objections to her speech, what does she say that is clearly, not to mention demonstrably and conclusively, false?

I can't agree more on that. How can we stand here and actually judge a speech by a young girl who is there to base her own opinions of the state of society at the time.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I can't agree more on that. How can we stand here and actually judge a speech by a young girl who is there to base her own opinions of the state of society at the time.

Ya thats right its all up to you but more important is waht you doing in this regards

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I do not understand "a lie that is worth spreading" She has done so much good with her speach that you would want to spread a story that you do not know is true or not, but, you will spread it anyway .... This is part of the problem that is so a part of todays world ... hate and more hate ... pass it around

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Read and understand agenda 21 to understand why their listening to 12 year old girl. It a great way to convey mother earth needs to be saved and humanity is the enemy. This is just more BS designed to start the mantra. Good ole Maurice Strong had a heavy hand in that document (agenda 21) Look into the that Canadian globalist if you want some interesting reading.

here's a quick link.

www.crossroad.to...

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

TkainZERO
ZERO compassion, ZERO understanding, ZERO responsibility. C'mon ZERO, regardless of who wrote her speech, the girl's message is right on.
We (previous generations as well as those of us alive now) have broken the planet and should stop. It's not just a girl from 1992 warning about the effects of our wasteful lifestyles, it's today's scientists who are teling us we're almost at the crossroads. Of course, you could be right. But if we are almost at the point of not being able to stop global warming, your attitude and behavior of those like you will mean disaster for all of us. If that girl and the scientists are right, it won't be many more years until none of us has anything left to argue about. If you are right and we don't need to do anything to stop global warming, what's it going to cost us but a few billion dollars trying to fix something that isn't broken?

Personally, my family has more than enough, so we give to various charities and the homeless guy on the corner. We could and should do more. I have a couple friends who make well over $250,000 a year and they don't help anyone but themselves. That's shameful when there are people around us with no home, no job, no family to bail them out or help them in any way.

Doesn't it make sense to conserve energy, share when you have more than you need, work to clean up the world around you? If you don't agree with those principles we learned in kindergarten, then there is no hope for you or the rest of humanity. All of us have a responsibility to the rest of us not to destroy each other or this planet.

JustAGuy

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Zero understanding is right
United Nations

And illuminatiMATRIX

And Agenda 21

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Awesome video

top topics