It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Man! ummmm... WOW

Is she running for President?

I have often felt that very same way about those that came before me! I wish they could uninvent nuclear weapons

[edit on 6-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

"Unbelievable" If I have a choice on the other side, "as in when I cross over" of what I am able to do, I will wait for you to show up from whatever death Karma has in store for you and make the rest of eternity the worst, most horrific nightmare for you that will be aloud.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

i heard she works for shell now, supplying fuel into the lumber yards in brazil. it's probably not true, but it is a lie worth spreading.

Please dnt spread dis info before doing some search about any thread

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Wow...what an awesome video.

I loved the part where she talked about everything we're taught in grade school and how it totally contradicts what adults do when we become adults.

Great story...thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
From the mouth of a child the truth is spoken. To bad no one really listened to her back then and to bad no one really listens to her now.

Present company excluded, as I have found most of you here on ATS to be above the norm so to speak. If only we could get the people in power, the heads of coperations to listen to this speech and to understand that even back then. A child understood there rape and destruction of this fragile planet we all call home.

I say bravo to her, such truer words have not been spoken in a long time. Apathy will be the death of us all.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey I just watched this video and found it to be remarkable on both parts. Easy enough to point out all our faults and mistakes but not so for a child to stand firm in from of these people.

I think all those baboons in that room are tools only interested in one thing, self interest. To them its a stick'en job a mark in the world and all they have to do is listen and wait through this child point out the monolithic elephant in the room.

Even if one of those many people was touched or decided to do something its not enough, and even so would end up quiting in the end to take care of whats it his or hers right.

The world is not about unity it about division and we are destined to destroy our selves. History repeats its self and eventually this record is going to brake.

Now we need a flood of people like here not just one or two but many.

great thread by the way.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

You summed up my thoughts in that post. Wouldn't a well informed, well educated scientist know better than a 9 year old girl?
And as to the ozone layer, it was dicovered that it heals itself so no need to worry about that, but strangely enough after this was discovered the greenhouse effect and glbal warming started appearing, coincidence?
But say we stopped all pollution nothing would be able to advance technologically, would you be happy living in the exact same world for the rest of your life, just so you can know that an animal you haven't even heard of let alone seen, can live?
As to rich countries sending out more aid to third woruld countries, its a bit like this: Poor people in rich coutries giving to rich people in poor countries.

My two pennies.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

Good for her for doing what she believes in

but instead of CONSTANTLY talking about the negative "what-ifs"
why can't people write speeches for children to speak that talk about the good that is done in this world?

Wild life refuge's
Charity Organizations trying to do a difference

If anyone reads this really cares about the starving people of (insert 3rd world nation here)
why aren't you donating all of your EXTRA money to the cause?

Do you really "need" that 70,000 dollar SUV ?

Im not mocking the child and her speech. I'm mocking the mentality that says there is no more good things in this world. Im mocking the guilt that people intend to impose on others in order to feel important themselves.

If you want to solve the problems of homeless people you need materials to build homes. Wood, steel, etc, all requires harvesting and in some way, is going to put a squirrel out of a home.

If you want to solve the problem of hunger, land is going to have to be cleared to make mroe room for more crops. And a gopher is going to loose his hole.
That doesnt mean we'll eliminate squireels and gophers, but its unrealistic to say "help those who have nothing, and dont kill a single squirrell along the way"

Its like saying "Lets eat a big juicy steak with loads of A1 thick n hearty ,but dont kill any cows or tomatoes to do so"

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Wait so before man started polluteing up the planet there were no fish with tumors? Before man started smokeing tobbacco there were no carcinogens in the air we were breathing? Before man started cutting down trees there were no species dieing out?

These type of speaches make me laugh, Should we be good stewards of the land sure, but there is no reason to worry that mankind is destroying it, even if we were to detonate ever Nuke/bio/chem weapon in the world, the world would survie. Eventualy there would be a new domante speice that took over, and wonder just what happened all those years ago, and what makes oil...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by coldain

LOL i love your reponse about "what makes oil"

thats a good one.

He's got a point, folks. Would you rather live in a civilized world, or live in a world that caters to non-sentient life forms?

This isnt about being "im man ROAR"
its about saying that our way of life requires elements of the planet.
Unless we all want to be homeless and hungry, i see no other way for every animal to live their lives the way "earth" intended

Who are you to say that those animals arent there for us?
Does a shark say to the seal "i nkow you have babies, so i wont kill you"

no - the shark has to eat, and dont give me this crap about conservation.

The shark doesnt live in homes and require meat to be cooked before ingestion. The shark doesnt enjoy watching television and reading books. The shark eats when its hungry, and produces more sharks. its to keep the over population of seals from happening.
Whats the purpose of seals?
To help keep the over population of fish
whats the purpose of fish?
To feed humans

If there were billions of sharks, like there are billions of humans, seals would be extinct because of the same concept that humans have adopted.
In order for the human race to survive, there are going to be billions of species that become extinct

For every one that goes extinct, another one will soon follow suit.

I wish people woudl stop thinking in rainbows and sunshine and starting thinking realistically.

im not giving up my big screen TV, high speed internet, and sho time so some stupid rabbit can have a rabit hole that isnt within 30 miles of civilization.
Wildlife is like all other life. It adapts to its environment. The weak and unworthy die off. Thats how its meant to be.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
WOW. A child can bring so much destruction... I am shocked and dismayed that so many can give up on just one speech by one child, and given it was ten+ years ago. OMG. Oh wait... Is there a GoD? WOW... I am so confused.

Wait I have money, a big house.... oooooh.. I have really pretty dogs. I have a home in Cali andI vaca with the Ausies.

Well What Left Do I Have But To Bash The Past. Oh and I forgot.. Maybe I should Just Forget the FEW who Cared about the intent.... Probably dead now and... We have al gore. What a Triumph!!

Sorry World.... I am ever so happy. Awesome is awesome, I suppose I should Pack For the Front. America only bleeds when simplicity marks a header.

[edit on 6/8/08 by rezial666]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

ITS THE BEST, REALLY !!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

you have me 100% confused.
Maybe its a little early for you to be ingesting glutenous amounts of caffiene

...slow down......have some dip

and tell me what your'e talking about

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pweagle

It's not words and it's not people. It is both combined. ONE... INDIVISBLE... UNENCUMBERED... UNDEFINED.... WORTHY... COMPROMISING... INTELLIGENT... RESOLUTE... SOLVENT...

BY NATURE DESIGNED.

There is not truth designed if one seeks faith without mind. Here now we are just this... a moment, some time, a recluse to various Tines.

I am lost here when so many live and value doubt. So I rest now. I welcome home. She begs my tired soul.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

Words... Just words. Systematic checks on the consol.

If that Has Not Scared you... WOW.

You are ready fly...

I really dont understand what you could not infer from my whole diatribe

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Why would you feel guilt for living your life the best you can.

We Americans moved our pollution mills in 3rd nation country to make our self clean.Who will be responsible for it?
When india & china making good progress our gov have problem and blame india & china for rise of food & oil cost not to war not to bio fuel. Come on when we are going to get mature and take responsibly !!!when its get too late!! now debunkers say global worming is bull**t dis info i think the day their houses flat in floods or landslid the will learn the lessen

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

One can live and be in harmony. Global warming is ill measured and not described in truth or measure. WE, as a country, here in the US, are prescribed a meausre of "mout" (MOM+DOUBT - Wholesome Yet Not Viable and MOOT when Bound), Um Yeah - there is no MOM theory because no one person will speak out.

We are now a "Global" community, yet we react to all things territorialy. There is nothing wrong in keeping home safe. No one would argue defense if it was righteous.

YET... WE ALLOW those wihtout (supposed) credentials to speak, move, talk, indcotrinate, discriminate, chastise, measure, mark, weather...

If It Is on a Screen... So We Believe? WOW. Very Sad for Those Who cannot C.

Global warming is not a meaure of man but a measure of will. Without looking abroad (beyond this planet) one can never measure worth nor man... One is just that... One person, one momet, individual, and alone... unless his world is many. Strength,,, Courage... Faith... Determination

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

floods, landslides, and everything like that happened before humans came along on this planet

if you buy into man-made global warming, then i must refer you to the mission statement of abovetopsecret.com

you can simply scroll up to the top of this page and read the text beneath the image.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Im sorry if i offended you... whoever it was that was offended by what i wrote...

Not my intention...

I was just trying to bash the UN... not the person that posted the video...

Good job for finding it, but i stand by what i wrote as what i think of the video.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That is a wise young girl. I believe she'll go far in the world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join