It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IOL: The spooky games they play...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
IOL: The Spooky Games they play...

Four teenage girls huddled together, a five-pointed star within a circle drawn on a grave and droplets of blood - this scene greeted Greytown police at the local cemetery.

Two of the girls from the cemetery have been exorcised by priests after they displayed behaviour that indicated they were possessed.

A local pastor, who did not want to be named, said the two girls were particularly affected and were exorcised after they spoke in a "demonic-sounding voice" and showed "superhuman" strength.

He said one of the girls, who is petite, had even assaulted a strapping security guard by grabbing him by his neck and pinning him against the wall.

www.iol.co.za...

Interesting little occurence that we seem to be having here. I want to hear what some of our skeptics here at ATS have to say about this one.

PS. I would've posted this in the Breaking Alternative News section, but as you can see the article is dated as of June 1st.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
eerie stuff

What interests me the most is what brings kids, specifically teenagers, to the occult? I've recently been delving, slowing and carefully, into paganism, druidry, meditation and other alternative things. Maybe I'm a later bloomer, but I feel like I'm ready to begin looking for answers. What draws teenage girls to satanic rituals? Maybe major religions and even governments should acknowledge the actual threat posed by these practices, that people should venture forth with trepidation and research.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheScribe

The sense of being part of a group attracts them...most important thing for teens is to fit in

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheScribe

Perhaps this post may come off as a little naive. I think kids who get involved in this kind of thing really have no idea what they're getting themselves involved with. They see it as a game.

In fact, when I was young Ouija boards could be found in the gameboard section of most toy stores. Then there is the thrill of the unknown, an unexpect response. Fold into this mix, the social aspect, a group of friends simply hanging out and being silly. In their minds, they're just having fun.

Granted, there may be a few kids foolish enough to seriously attempt some sort of contact. Even then, I suspect they have not taken the time to research what the consequences of their actions may be. Real life is not like the movies.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't know what to say.
These kind of topic's catch my interest, though.

Maybe, contacting the dead seemed exciting. I know I have always wanted to, but have refrained myself from doing so, because of incidents like that. Maybe, they should've done a little more research about it before trying to contact the dead. You must have some knowledge about that kind of stuff before you go jumping into that.

Or maybe, (this is a stupid idea, but a lot of people tend to think this) they thought they were the "chosen-ones" and they had to contact the dead to prove so. But, then again it's hard to say, seeing as I'm not them and I wasn't there while it was happening. I'm just shooting targets in the dark.

~Lillith~

top topics

join