It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two dead in Gaza-Israel attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Firstly, the UN Human Rights Council and Commission is a joke.

lol, more nonsense from you ... you have indeed exposed your imperialist hypocrisy , like your british forefathers ,

Your sources are extremely bias towards Israel especially Al-Ahram weekly, which thinks Islamists are a force of peace and Jews control America

really , where does Al-Ahram weekly SAY THAT ISLAMISTS ARE A FORCE OF PEACE .....??????
and you are highly pro-israel , ready to condone israeli war crimes against humanity and

As for Media Monitors: Well, that site thinks Christian Zionists are committing genocide against Muslims across the world

fact... with with a person like Bush s, whos a quasi-religous nut ...

Why are you posting sources which are extremely anti-semitic?

my sources are against israeli occupation ,

and again on violations of geneva conventions by Israel (from wiki for you):

Since the beginning of the Al-Aqsa Intifada, many human rights and non-governmental organizations have raised concerns over Israel's treatment of Palestinian civilians, specifically children. Some groups, such as UNICEF, Amnesty International, B'Tselem and others, as well as some notable individuals such as the British writer Derek Summerfield, have condemned Israeli practices as violations of international law and human rights conventions and have called for Israel to meet the obligation of every government and its institutions to protect children from violence in accordance with the Geneva conventions. These condemnations have been dismissed by the Israeli government as unjustified and out of context.

[edit] Organizations

Amnesty International, a critic of human rights abuses by any group or individual, accused Israeli forces of inadequately investigating hundreds of killings of children by the Israeli army since the beginning of the Al-Aqsa Intifada.[13] It also condemned the killings of Israeli children, among others, by suicide bombings and other Palestinian attacks. Amnesty International called for thorough, independent, transparent, and impartial investigations and prosecutions by judicial authorities on both sides of the conflict.

Amnesty International claimed that the Israeli government used "excessive, disproportionate and reckless force against unarmed Palestinians and in densely populated residential areas", and that such practices "frequently result in the killing and injuring of unarmed civilians, including children."
en.wikipedia.org...

Notice how your little Arab nationalist websites do not mention that

lol, what arab sites did i use other than al-ahram ,which is just one site

the other two sites were findarticle and mediamonitor

The fact you are posting anti-semitic sites

wheres the proof???

Genocide means wiping out an entire race of people, Israel has not killed dozen of Palestinians.

The Precursor to Genocide

Moreover, a crime against humanity is the direct historical and legal precursor to the international crime of genocide as defined by the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. The theory here was that what Hitler and the Nazis did to the Jewish People required a special international treaty that would codify and universalize the Nuremberg concept of "crime against humanity." And that treaty ultimately became the 1948 Genocide Convention.

Did you read the article? Over 20 nations abstained on key parts because they believed the draft speech was political motivated. None of the main council members voted.

and many others supported many parts , I will post them .... from the source of UN chronicle:

The draft on the 1949 Convention was adopted by 90 votes to 2 (Israel, United States), with 27 abstentions.

Prior to its adoption as a whole, the Committee approved the paragraph referring to "grave breaches" by a recorded vote of 79 in favour to 18 against, with 23 abstentions.

so 79 for , with 23 abstentions..

nother paragraph, approved separately by a recorded vote, would have the Assembly call upon Israel, the occupying Power, to allow the reopening of the Roman Catholic Medical Facility Hospice in Jerusalem to provide needed health and medical services to the city's Arab population. The vote was 117 in favour to 1 against (Israel), with 3 abstentions (Cote d'Ivoire, United States, Zaire).

117 for , and 3 abstentions...

In other provisions, the Assembly would:

* Strongly condemn the arming of Israeli settlers in the occupied territories to commit acts of violence against Arab civilians and the perpetration of acts of violence by those armed settlers against individuals, causing injury and death and wide-scale damage to Arab property;

* Call upon Israel, the occupying Power, to take immediate steps for the return of all displaced Arab and Palestinian inhabitants to their homes or former places of residence in the occupied territories;

* Request the Security Council to ensure Israel's respect for and compliance with all the provisions of the 1949 Geneva Convention in the occupied territories, and to initiate measures to halt Israeli policies and practices in those territories; and

* Extend the mandate of the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices Affecting the Human Rights of the Population of the Occupied Territories for another year.

By other drafts approved, the Committee asked the Assembly to:

* Call upon Israel to release all Arabs arbitrarily detained and/or imprisoned as a result of their struggle for self-determination, and demand that Israel release immediately Ziyad Abu Ein and others, who had been arbitrarily detained after their release (77 to 2 (Israel, United States), with 29 abstentions);

77 for , with 29 abstentions ..

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

* Demand that Israel, the occupying Power, desist forthwith from taking any action which would result in changing the legal status, geographical nature or demographic composition of the occupied territories, including Jerusalem; and determine that all measures and actions taken by Israel in those territories designed to change their legal status, geographical nature and demographic composition had no legal validity (118 to 1 (Israel), with 2 abstentions (Malawi, United States));

118 for , with 2 Abstentions

* Demand that Israel, the occupying Power, rescind the illegal measures taken by the Israeli military occupation authorities in expelling the Mayor of Halhul, the Sharia Judge of Hebron and other Palestinians expelled during 1985, and that it facilitate the immediate return of the expelled Palestinians (106 to 1 (Israel), with 14 abstentions);

106 for , with 14 abstentions...

(Prior to adopting that draft as a whole, the Committee approved one paragraph asking the Assembly to strongly condemn Israel, the occupying Power, "for its persistent refusal to comply with the relevant Security Council and General Assembly resolutions" (98 to 2 (Israel, United States), with 22 abstentions).)

98 for , with 22 abstentions..

Strongly condemn Israel, the occupying Power, for its refusal to comply with the relevant resolutions of the Assembly and the Security Council, particularly Council resolution 497 (1981), in which it had decided that Israel's decision to impose its laws, jurisdiction and administration in the occupied Syrian Golan Heights was null and void and without international legal effect and had demanded that Israel should rescind its decision (114 to 1 (Israel), with 6 abstentions (Cote d'Ivoire, Liberia, Malawi, Swaziland, United States, Zaire));

114 for , with 6 abstentions...

* Condemn the systematic Israeli campaign of repression against and closing of universities and other educational and vocational institutions in the occupied territories, and restricting and impeding the academic activities of Palestinian universities in contravention of the 1949 Geneva Convention (92 to 2 (Israel, United States), with 26 abstentions);

92 for , with 26 abstentions ...

(Prior to adopting that draft as a whole, the Committee adopted one provision asking the Assembly to condemn Israeli policies and practices against Palestinian students and faculties in educational institutions in the occupied territories, especially the policy of opening fire on defenceless students (84 to 2 (Israel, United States), with 34 abstentions).)

84 for , with 34 abstentions ..

* Strongly demand that Israel comply with the provisions of the 1949 Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War in the occupied territories, including Jerusalem, and urgently call upon all States parties to that Convention to exert all efforts to ensure respect for and compliance with its provisions in those territories (114 to 1 (Israel), with 5 abstentions (Cote d'Ivoire, Liberia, Malawi, United States, Zaire)).

114 for , with 5 abstentions...

and USA is the main member which keeps vetoing United Nations General Assembly resolutions condemning Israel

International Response

International response to reports of Palestinian child death, injury and arrest has been mixed. The United States, Micronesia, and a few other nations have consistently voted against United Nations General Assembly resolutions condemning Israel's treatment of Palestinian civilians, calling the resolutions biased and unhelpful. The United States has also vetoed many United Nations Security Council resolutions on the same grounds.
en.wikipedia.org...

So, I have just proved all you are doing is using anti-semitic websites and Arab nationalism to back up your posts.

BS... i am yet to SEE ANY PROOF FOR THE BS YOU POST... , with only one arab source , one western(findarticle) and other media monitor,
and i had quoted the text on violations of geneva conventions from each source , so wheres the proof as you were saying that Israel does not violate geneva conventions or has not performed war crimes against humanity ...

Many nations with poor records are allowed on the Commission, Zimbabwe once had a seat on it.

and nations like USA(imperial empire) and UK(former imperialist bandit) with blood of native americans and colonization of India ,asia,africa resp. so what are you talking ABOUT???

Over 20 nations abstained on key parts because they believed the draft speech was political motivated.

while more than 40 nations voted in favour ... lol . and i am awaiting proof from you on how the draft speech was politically motivated ....

[edit on 8-6-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
To the OP, I have put you on ignore after I discovered the foul sources you was using to attack Israel. The pictures were quite disturbing and the OP-ED about Jews on the sites were disgusting.

Like many on ATS, I do not like anti-semitic websites being posted on ATS.

[edit]

A friend on ATS has imformed me I was called a British imperialist and a pro-israeli supporter in favour of war crimes
(I'm Irish btw)

Just shows the childish behaviour of the OP

[edit on 8-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

so now , wikipedia and find articles and amnesty international have become anti-semitic , really ,

is condemning Israeli war crimes anti-semitic ?? What BS...

A friend on ATS has imformed me I was called a British imperialist and a pro-israeli support in favour of war crimes (I'm Irish btw)

and you live in UK ..

Just shows the childish behaviour of the OP

your personal attacks like accusations of anti-semitism are childish , and you have provided no proof that Israel is not performing war crimes against humanity and does not violate the geneva conventions...

[edit on 8-6-2008 by manson_322]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join