It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popping corn with cell phones?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

I couldnt be bothered to read all replys but i remembered seeing this test on BRAINIAC SCIENCE ABUSE which i only watched once
it featured a person trying to cook an egg with 100 cell phones the result was a faliure my point is if you can do that to pop corn with 3 cell phones surely you could at least par boil an egg so the vids you posted could be a hoax and I hope im not coming across as a dickhead im just purley trying to get a point across. anyways heres the vid
uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 8/2/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
this is a created ad for companies, this one in particular is for the wireless headset.

Companies have managed to work their way into viral videos in order to sell stuff.

We will continue finding out more and more that virals are fakes created for marketing.

Come on people, when are you going to learn that if it is on the net, there is a pretty good chance that it is fake.

Unless it is on a verified website, or belongs to a university or government site, your are taking your stupidity in your own hands.

*Thinks about the video with the ham, coke, and maggots.*

[edit on 2-8-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I read all of the replies this time through.
My only problem here is that 3 people have stated that they tried it and that it worked.
After viewing the Snopes / CNN videos - it is quite obvious that there are those on these boards that have intentionally lied.
Tells me a lot about their other posts - do with them what you will.
It was a great marketing ploy - if you were fooled, suck it up, take your medicine and move on - you were not alone. To those that said on here that they made it work - well, make your own video with one of your cell phones and put a little ATS on a piece of paper near it and show us.
You won't - you can't - you attempted to decieve or lied to try to save face. Banning is too good for them.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have to try this in the shop down the road, im gunna get all like 10 of my mates and me, then we will all stand round a bag of the stuff, get the other 5 to call and see what happens!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
IMO, the thread title should be changed to include a DEBUNKED at the end.

Also, those that knowingly posted false information saying that it worked should face some consequences for violating the T&C.

As mdiinican has pointed out, if the Sun doesn’t cook your brain, neither will a cell phone. There are microwaves all around us. Wireless devices of all sorts use microwaves. Better put away your wireless routers, cordless phones, and wireless mice and keyboards...

Face it, everything causes cancer nowadays anyway: the Sun, processed meat, plastics, oil... Stop trying to raise a panic (you remind me of the MSM you hate so much).

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It's all a hoax!! Come on people, use your noodle!! This is funny, the word I had to enter to post this was 'area51'!! lol

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

With the numbers you used four cell phones would have the wattage necessary thought not focused as you said...

but what if the popcorn was preheated and the phones merely push it over the threshhold.

the one thing I have not seen which would easily confirm these videos as a hoax is how it is ACTUALLY done.

CG would be a simple enough method, even older videography but still good work either way... I am still open to the posibility... may get some friends together to try it...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join