It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popping corn with cell phones?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
[

[edit on 17-6-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Read further down

[edit on 17/6/08 by flice]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00ner

reply to post by sp00ner

Look Spooner the dangers have been well known since at least 1998. In that year, Dr. George Carlo released the results of a massive research project that had been funded by the cell phone industry itself in an attempt to downplay cancer fears. To the industry’s dismay -- and also to their surprise, since they selected him assuming he was an industry shill, rather than the honest scientist he proved to be -- he came to the exact opposite conclusion from the one they were hoping for. His results included findings of:

* A nearly 300 percent increase in the incidence of genetic damage when human blood cells were exposed to radiation in the cellular frequency band

* A significant increase in cell phone users’ risk of brain tumors at the brain’s outer edge, on whichever side the cell phone was held most often

* A 60 percent greater chance of acoustic neuromas, a tumor affecting the nerve that controls hearing, among people who had used cell phones for six years or more

* A higher rate of brain cancer deaths among handheld mobile phone users than among car phone users (car phones are mounted on the dashboard rather than held next to your head)

These findings, which came well over a decade after cell phones were first introduced (before that there was no safety research at all), caused a shake-up in the scientific world. Soon, many more scientists confirmed Dr. Carlo’s findings.

Spooner the industry is doing a very clever thing.They are DELIBERATELY MAKING ThESE VIDEOS CAUSE THEY KNOW CELL PHONES CAUSE TUMORS.

Spooner the industry is doing a very clever thing.They are DELIBERATELY MAKING ThESE VIDEOS CAUSE THEY KNOW CELL PHONES CAUSE TUMORS.

THEY THEN ADMIT THE VIDEOS ARE FAKE SO THAT WHEN MORE EVIDENCE COMES ALONG NO ONE WILL BELIEVE IT.

THEY THEN ADMIT THE VIDEOS ARE FAKE SO THAT WHEN MORE EVIDENCE COMES ALONG NO ONE WILL BELIEVE IT.

THIS IS A DOUBLE BLUFF AND YOU HAVE BEEN TAKEN IN HOOK,LINE AND SINKER.

They must be laughing at you and all the others they have duped with their cleverness.At this very moment the executives are sipping champagne and laughing at the idiots who they are endangering with their dangerous devices.

The millionaires have got one over you again.They are laughing very loudly at you.

Their offices are full of gales of laughter as they sucker you again.

Just wait for the brain tumor epidemic.

In 2000, Swedish researchers found that cell phone users were almost two and a half times more likely to develop tumors near where they held their cell phone antenna than in any other portion of their brain. Similar studies were conducted in subsequent years on ever-larger groups of people, always with the same result.

An Italian study in 2002 found that radio waves caused leukemia cells to replicate ferociously after long exposure. In 2004, the massive REFLEX report on DNA damage from radio waves found that cells exposed to electromagnetic fields similar to those of cell phones showed a significant increase in single and double-strand DNA breaks. If I wanted to, I could list a mountain of research studies all pointing to the same conclusion -- exposure to cell phone radiation can cause brain cancer.

The Industry Strikes Back.

The cell phone industry, of course, has long since corrected the “mistake” it made with Dr. Carlo, and funded a number of studies purporting to prove that cell phones are safe.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
And here's the opposite side of the fence.
After 4 years studying and 7.5 million Euros spent Danish researchers lead by Dr. Phillip Grandjean conclude in spring 2008 that there are no significant dangers from radiation caused by mobile phones and if any effect that this is minimal and harmless.

Results of Danish research

So Esecallum... stop painting it so big like it was truth. As long as there are constantly two sides who both have equal documentation on their side being the right answer we can't conclude anything. It would be disinformation with the intend to support a witch hunt.

"Today the best answer we can provide is that since the research doesn't definitely show that radiation is dangerous a potential damaging effect is likely to be limited."

I can move text too to keep my point more "true" Ese...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed how nearly every stupid person you meet or know has and uses a cell phone?

Have you ever noticed how Cell-Phone Radiation Junkies will defend their brain-killing fix until they are out of words and begin to repeat themselves?

The only people who defend cell phones, also use them.

How is their opinion in any way unbiased? Especially since they are hooked on the things.

Want to see severe Withdrawal Symptoms take immediate effect? Watch what happens when a teenager loses Cell Phone privileges...

It is almost as bad a crazed methamphetamine addict have an uber-craving.

Cell phone use also causes a vast reduction in ATS points, 200 points per pop.
You guys must be using headsets or something....

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Here's an screendump taken from the presentation at the conference. This particular one is from Mats Olof Matteson. This presentation is from may 2008.

Another note... Philip Grandjean which was the head of this study also did a study about industrial chemicals bad effect on childrens brains. But I guess since what he found out here is wrong we should forget about that study too...?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

They're ARGUABLY from different countries. They ARE all from the same youtube user...which is suspicious. Try it yourself. If if works, let us know.

I just tried. It worked!

Spooky Fox Mulder would make it work.

But the wave of cell phone popcorn youtube videos has a conspiracy basis.
So you may be a yea sayer on their side.

Nay sayers have against them is the apparent easy reproducibility
with no apparent magic answer.

The huge TV magic act disclosures didn't keep the same acts from
amazing people,over and over again.

Fool me once and even more times even after I know the trick.
Thats what made the ancients so skeptical, their magic were tricks.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
FOX TV NEWS is going to solve this mystery tonight.

Or will they?

This has been done before not so many years ago.

I'm sure FOX can be fooled, duh.

ED: Too bad, they don't know how it done. I'd say a popped one
was thrown down but some kernels disappear.

[edit on 6/17/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Snopes says its a hoax...
www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The way they do it is by removing the Magnetron from the microwave and putting it under the table, unshielded. The microwaves are emitted in a 180 degree direction facing upwards, which just happens to be where the kernels are.

VERY dangerous to your health!

But yes, it will pop the popcorn on the table and provide the illusion of the cell phones doing it. There is a video somewhere that shows someone setting it up, Ill dig it up tomarro if someone else already hasnt found it by then.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

* A nearly 300 percent increase in the incidence of genetic damage when human blood cells were exposed to radiation in the cellular frequency band

Microwaves and cell phones operate at roughly the same frequency of radiation. Except, microwaves are in a box, which concentrates the radiation, and cell phones are more than often in an open space when in use.

I bet that human blood was in a container when it was exposed to the frequency you describe...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The real truth is here:

www.channel3000.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The magnetron tube in a microwave oven is tuned to the resonant frequency of water molecules. Because all food contains water, the molecular resonance causes the food to absorb microwave vibrations in the form of heat energy. This frequency is necessary for the microwave to work. This frequency, since there are so many microwave ovens, is avoided by radio services, such as cell phones. Cell phone frequencies WILL NOT stimulate the water molecules in foods, such as popcorn.

QED

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
The way they do it is by removing the Magnetron from the microwave and putting it under the table, unshielded. The microwaves are emitted in a 180 degree direction facing upwards, which just happens to be where the kernels are.

VERY dangerous to your health!

But yes, it will pop the popcorn on the table and provide the illusion of the cell phones doing it. There is a video somewhere that shows someone setting it up, Ill dig it up tomarro if someone else already hasnt found it by then.

Here you go....

The whole thing is a hoax, end of story.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

well that's my worry of the day over lol. I will not be evicting megatron from my microwave to try it out. I am optimus prime.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DenverMan

I checked this out on Snopes, and apparently these popcorn videos were part of a marketing scheme for a company that makes bluetooth headsets.
www.snopes.com...
Scroll down to the end of the egg-cooking report.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I am an engineer too, with many years in radio. Without doing the math, which by the way the math as done works out, and math doesn't lie, I can tell you this is a hoax from a pure economics point of view (I also have an MBA).

Bottom line, if appliance manufacturers could use a bag of fifty cent cell phone chips and a few penny antennas to pop corn, they sure wouldn't use magnetrons and fans and turntables.

Even if cell phones could pop corn, one of two things is happening when we call. Either we are heating the side of our heads or not. No way is any radiation that can boil water going to get beyond the surface layer to the brain. I think I would notice my head getting hot enough to pop corn, though that one phone call from my wife when I was in Fiji - but I digress.

Last, if this was possible, my teenage daughter would be at least medium rare on that side of her head. I can't argue that she DOESN'T have brain damage, she is a teenager, but I don't think it's the phone.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join