It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The extraterrestial slightly advanced civilization in star WOH G64 – will we recognize the strange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The extraterrestial slightly advanced civilization in star WOH G64 – will we recognize the strange intelligent life forms?

www.indiadaily.com

It’s a mystery star - bloated but strangely cold. The researchers from the Max-Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy are using the Europe's Very Large Telescope to observe it unfold in front their own eyes.

The red super giant in a nearby galaxy, is actually about half as massive as what astronomers previously thought, which explains its cool temperature.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wows so we looking billions of light year what about mars?I think smoking gun is just in our solar system it self.

www.indiadaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sounds more like wishful thinking to me. Based on some of their other articles such as this one. I don't really believe that what's written is fact.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by InSanE1]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It is interesting how the original scientific article doesn't even have much in the way of an "unexplained anomaly", which might serve as a seed for such wonderfully creative delusions as "slightly advanced civilizations". Truly creative in a way that makes me smile.

The original work of very clever observational radio astronomy:
arxiv.org...
simply reports their method of resolving a ring-like structure around a star in another galaxy. The remarkable thing is not so much that this ring exists (which are really quite common around stars, my understanding is that the majority of single stars tend to have some ring of material around them), but that we were able to detect it from such a long way away.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InSanE1

Actually, Internos did a whole thread on that article.

This was a one line post.

new topics

top topics

join