It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Proof Aliens Exist (In A Sense.)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Ok this thread will be short and sweet. This is aimed towards the skeptics that don't believe in Aliens at all.

this post should have also been aimed at anyone who wanted to lose 2 minutes of their life and never have the chance to get it back.

I woke up today and it suddenly dawned on me.

Us humans all smug on Earth are comfortable in our ignorance.

... im just gonna leave this one alone.

However, the minute we step off the Earth and venture to another planet, the moon, or live in a space ship... GUESS WHAT!? We become aliens. We are no longer on Earth. They are well outside the Earths atmosphere and are in foreign space.

So there is my 100% proof aliens exist.

ok, what you have done here is take a being that originated on earth, and moved him off of earth. he is not an alien, he is an astronaut. what you have claimed 100% proof of here is not what you have presented AT ALL. i request that the title of your post be changed to reflect its actual contents.

100% proof that aliens exist could be classified by any of the following:

an unedited picture of an alien, that can be clearly seen, and verified by multiple sources as being genuine.

unedited video of an alien, that can be verified by multiple sources as being genuine.

these two examples above are what i like to call proof. proof that either supports or debunks the topic being discussed.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
Don't be too hasty OP, The definition of alien is that is from elsewhere, that it originates from somewhere other than earth, ie extraterrestrial.

I can see your point but I'd say a human won't be an alien until one of us is born on another planet... and thats probably a few hundred years off yet.

A human will be an alien the moment we step onto someone elses turf.
Not just being born there.

To the OP that is nonsence, we would be alien to another species, but to human we would be "humaans in spaaacce"

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"Alien" is a matter of perspectice. Alien to whom? Astronauts are not aliens to us.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Not true, Canada is a part of Earth. Once you step off Earth you become an Alien, from earth.

I going down to the local wally world to buy a huge trampoline now!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If you want to think of it in a whole new perspective,planets are a living organism.That alone would definitely make billions of planets alien.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So what you're saying is, to paraphrase Pogo:
You've seen the aliens, and they are us
That's great

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Ha! Good point! If there isn't anyone to call you an alien then are you really an alien? The term implies a separation from where one originally came. We refer to aliens as aliens because it implies they are visiting here from elsewhere in the universe. If there really is intelligent life out there, (and there probably is) we all inhabit the same universe anyway therefore noone is actually alien to anyone else just depending on how you look at it.

"Alien" is a relative term used to describe relative circumstances. But noone can even call you alien if they don't know you're there. IMO, we only even use the term because it is widely accepted as defining a creature from the planet zappa instead of what the term actually means. If people used the term properly they would probably see that using the word "alien" for what it is largely accepted for doesn't make sense at all.

One could even call it a negative term for what it implies (someone / something being "different" which doesn't truly belong there).
and it would be a valid argument..

The topics of discussion in this thread are semantical interpretations of the word "alien" and not just what it is defined as. But that implies you have already solidified what the definition truly is.. And there are obviously many different meanings of the word therefore even the definition has many meanings (count em.. 9)
dictionary.reference.com...

This is, at least in part, due to popular culture because of what has become accepted over the decades to describe a creature from a different planet. But it could also be used for ANY other description of something/someone that doesn't belong where it is. But how can you honestly say what belongs somewhere and what doesn't? It implies alot is already known. it also depends on an intelligence present to even make that distinction between what belongs and what is from "somewhere else".

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
If you want to find an alien to this planet, keep asking yourself why...and you'll find one.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ok this thread will be short and sweet. This is aimed towards the skeptics that don't believe in Aliens at all.

However, the minute we step off the Earth and venture to another planet, the moon, or live in a space ship... GUESS WHAT!? We become aliens. We are no longer on Earth. They are well outside the Earths atmosphere and are in foreign space.

You are a genius. Why didn't we think of that.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

We were aliens to begin with.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Ok I can die now. I found out everything I needed to know. Thank you for the info.

ahahaha

that made me chuckle!!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Billions of stars, galaxies, universes...the odds that we are the only habitable planet with life on it is almost non-existant...especially after seeing a few ufo's.

Skeptics are people who aren't ready for the truth. Believers are people who know the truth.

At this point in our time- if you don't believe in aliens then you are just too ignorant or too arrogant.

Pyramids, NASA recordings, countless videos, thousands of eye-witness reported sightings, nations around the world (except U.S.) now disclosing info about extraterrestrials & crafts...how much more proof do you need? Germany is even creating a UFO museum.

There should be no such thing as a UFO skeptic.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
no matter what any of us believe, skeptics and so forth....no one can deny that if we can get to the moon, when 200 years ago it was all fantasy and make believe, that another civilization galaxies away can conqour technology and travel to our puny little planet and observe it, maybe even laugh at it.
ascention, 2012, heaven, i think are all things humans make up to cope with the fact that we aren't alone, and since we can't even begin to deal with that fact as a civilization, false answers will keep coming. The answers to all those questions are way beyond our time.
now im not the kind of person who is blind to the bigger meanings in life but you cant just go with the answer that sits with you the best. the only facts that have been shot down for centuries, we aren't alone, we are definatly not supreme to many beings, and we don't know whats around the corner. there is such a thing as being too open minded, and when you are youll grab ahold of any idea that makes you comfertable.
just my thaughts,

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Skepticism is an important part of the scientific process. True skepticism and denial are two different concepts. What you describe are UFO believers vs. people in denial who call themselves skeptics. Skepticism is not exactly a bad word with negative implications. Those in denial are not true skeptics.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Wow it took you all that time to figure that one out.
Ok now prove to me about alien beings from another planet, not Earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Awesome post, thanks once again for cluttering up this once great board with spam.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't care if I am branded a lunatic, I was told once "To us, you are the aliens". Didn't surprise me one bit. Whatever.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Using this thinking, I just saw a UFO.
Could've been an airplane.but I couldnt identify it, and it was definitely flying, as it was on a landing pattern with DFW airport. Had wings but since i couldnt identify it, its basically just an object.

Now I just hope these Aliens abduct me.... I
I'm feeling kinda randy....

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it embarrassing, that if a person is mildly interested in this topic, and stumbles across this forum after preforming a Google search when they got done seeing some snippet of UFO related news on the mainstream media (you know, those news stories that end in the announcer cracking a joke about the whole subject) that they run into threads like this, titled as it is, and full of complete and utter nonsense, that only fortifies the stereotype that made the newscaster laugh at the end of the story to begin with?

Sad that this thread has the ignorant title it has, and even sadder that we, as a responsible community interested into furthering intelligent discussion in a positive manner, have to be represented by such nonsense such as this (and 80% of all the other threads on this forum)

I cringe at the fact that some really smart people, people possibly in the know, have stumbled in here on their quest for the truth or their quest to reveal what the know, see that the Ufology subject stereotype is well earned and deserving.

Thanks to idiotic actions and nonsense thing such as this, anyone who does know the real truth and wants to reveal it can't do so, because they will be viewed through the same pair of glasses that we have forced Ufology to be viewed through.

Seriously, go back to the forum thread listing and read some of the titles. If that doesn't make you cringe, then read the content of those thread titles. And if that doesn't make you cringe then consider yourself a part of the problem.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join